Support for Indie Authors discussion

November Keys
This topic is about November Keys
Archived Marketing No New Posts > Debut Novel Marketing

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (new)

Brian Turner (novemberkeys) | 7 comments Hi Everyone, we are a father & son team, who have recently published our debut novel November Keys, it is a comedy/thriller Teens-Adult. Does anyone have any more ideas for marketing? we have featured on three local radio stations, local magazines, soon to appear in a national tabloid.

Many thanks

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael | 21 comments Brian wrote: "Does anyone have any more ideas for marketing? we have featu..."

I would check out www.bookbloggerlist.com Blogs are a great exposure.

message 3: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Schwimley (victoriaschwimley) | 161 comments wow, Brian. I should ask you for advice. How'd you get local radio to feature you? and magazines too for that matter. I Suck at advertising.

message 4: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 1510 comments Mod
....And here I've only been spamming twiter! I'm with Vicki, how did you get on the radio x D

message 5: by Ann, Supreme Overlord (new)

Ann Andrews (annliviandrews) | 687 comments Mod
You can market here on Goodreads as well. I'd also check out running ads on Facebook. Paying per click isn't super expensive. And you can target people who like your genre.

message 6: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about Copromote. If you use Facebook and Twitter, and who doesn't now a days, you can use Copromote to reach new people. You agree to share posts across your profile, and they'll boost a tweet or a post for you and help to reach new people. You will reach a LOT of new people even without paying. I use the free service and this last campaign has hit over 200,000 new feeds.

message 7: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Schwimley (victoriaschwimley) | 161 comments Ann wrote: "You can market here on Goodreads as well. I'd also check out running ads on Facebook. Paying per click isn't super expensive. And you can target people who like your genre."

I've tried Facebook. I did get a some clicks, but not much movement from it. I've thought about trying Goodreads next.

message 8: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Schwimley (victoriaschwimley) | 161 comments Riley wrote: "Oh yeah, I almost forgot about Copromote. If you use Facebook and Twitter, and who doesn't now a days, you can use Copromote to reach new people. You agree to share posts across your profile, and t..."

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out.

message 9: by Brian (new)

Brian Turner (novemberkeys) | 7 comments Hi Victoria
Perseverance is the name of the game. Firstly we set up a data base of the magazines and radio stations we wanted to reach. After sending emails along with our press release and a brief author profile, we followed each contact up with a phone call. Some went out of their way to help whilst some refused to talk to us. It really is a numbers game where you must be ready to face some rejection.

message 10: by Brian (new)

Brian Turner (novemberkeys) | 7 comments Hi Michael
Thanks, we have had a look at www.bookbloggerlist.com and are asking reviews.

message 11: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Schwimley (victoriaschwimley) | 161 comments Victoria wrote: "Riley wrote: "Oh yeah, I almost forgot about Copromote. If you use Facebook and Twitter, and who doesn't now a days, you can use Copromote to reach new people. You agree to share posts across your ..."

That reminds me of a different type of co-promotion. Has anyone ever heard of authors posting the first chapter of a book at the end of another author's book. I've seen it done in both written and audio books. Of course you'd have to make sure it's the same genre if you want to attract and audience.

message 12: by Brian (new)

Brian Turner (novemberkeys) | 7 comments Hi Riley (Same answer as above)
Perseverance is the name of the game. Firstly we set up a data base of the magazines and radio stations we wanted to reach. After sending emails along with our press release and a brief author profile, we followed each contact up with a phone call. Some went out of their way to help whilst some refused to talk to us. It really is a numbers game where you must be ready to face some rejection.

message 13: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Lol, I just read over what I put up for copromote....I swear, I am in no way affiliated with the site x D

message 14: by Brian (new)

Brian Turner (novemberkeys) | 7 comments Hi Ann
Thanks, will look at Goodreads marketing (What cost is involved?) We are experimenting with Facebook as we speak.

message 15: by Brian (new)

Brian Turner (novemberkeys) | 7 comments Hi Riley,

Will certainly look in to Copromote Thanks

message 16: by Brian (new)

Brian Turner (novemberkeys) | 7 comments Hi everyone, we have just started out, please take a look at http://novemberkeys.hubpages.com/hub/... no cost involved to use this site. (you can publish samples of your books etc)

message 17: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Schwimley (victoriaschwimley) | 161 comments I have a middle school age audio book published on Audible. They gave me some free download codes for marketing purposes. The book is called Crime Solver's Detective Agency. I'd love some help with reviews. Anyone interested in helping out?

message 18: by M.K. (new)

M.K. Cathcart (mkcathcart) | 14 comments I used facebook pay per click adverts and I had pretty good drive to my website from it (until facebook removed my ad for being more than 60% words...) cheap and a good driver though!

message 19: by Ann, Supreme Overlord (new)

Ann Andrews (annliviandrews) | 687 comments Mod
I'm so sorry I forgot to respond to this! You can request marketing information from Goodreads. There are several options, but unless you have a large amount of money in your marketing budget, their best option is pay per click, just like Amazon, Facebook, and Google.

Brian wrote: "Hi Ann
Thanks, will look at Goodreads marketing (What cost is involved?) We are experimenting with Facebook as we speak."