The Challenge Factory discussion

The Stars that Tremble (Stars, #1)
This topic is about The Stars that Tremble
2015 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Ezi, Lou & Debbie - The Stars that Tremble

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5838 comments Mod
Ezi, Lou & Debbie - The Stars that Tremble

message 2: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16365 comments Mod
Hi ladies

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Finally checking in. Let me know when to begin.

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments Checking in

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Hello All! I know we're supposed to read this next and follow it with Pretend (Blackcreek, #3) by Riley Hart . What is our start date for Tremble?

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments I can start this one when you and Ezi are ready.

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments I'm ready anytime, Debbie. I suppose it's up to Ezi.

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments @Debbie
I don't know if/when Ezi will be ready to read this book, and the month is almost over. Do you want to start reading? We can always use spoilers to hide our comments.

message 9: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

I kind of read chapter 1 already but I stopped. I can read today

message 10: by Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ (last edited Feb 23, 2015 11:09AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Ok, I'll start, too. Phew! Then Pretend will be my last official BR of February. How are we doing with the audio of Rack & Ruin (THIRDS, #3) by Charlie Cochet for March?

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments I'll start on this tonight.

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Yay! We have liftoff.

message 13: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

I am 61% in

I loved this part
Mike: "I want you Gio"
Gio: "How do you want me?"
Mike "Inside me. Always inside me. You...you fill up the silence in me."

I almost wish this book was a lifetime movie so I could hear the singing. I do like Opera

message 14: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

BTW, though I find Tracy Quinlan high-handed and odious, I think Gio compromised himself by not waiting because he does favor Mike's child.

message 15: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

This one was so poetic. Gio and Mike were so sweet together after all they have been through.

I really like this one.

I wish I knew how Amelia felt, I mean it's clear what her parents want, but Amelia? I don't know

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments I am about 60% complete and should finish today. I will be back once I'm done.

message 17: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

Debbie wrote: "I am about 60% complete and should finish today. I will be back once I'm done."

I had to listen to a few arias on YouTube
youtube Così fan tutte

message 18: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

Do you think Gio and Mike should have waited to date?

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Do you think Gio and Mike should have waited to date?"

I am only 33% into the book. Does your question mean that giving in to their passion while Gio was still teaching the workshop caused problems further along? I already know that rich, pushy, stage momma from hell is gonna be an asshat.

Btw, loving Tremble so far, and liking the synergy of this unlikely couple. I also got off on the way the author led us through Gio & Mike's first intimate encounter as though we were listening to the movements of a symphony. Almost need to crank up some opera! LOL

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments I enjoyed this book. The story had such a nice flow that it practically read itself. Perhaps they should have waited, but one thing that comes to mind is the phrase "The heart wants what the heart wants." My next thought is that if they had waited there would be no book since the story is centered around the conflict that results from their involvement. 4 STARS

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments I haven't had any reading time all week and have also been battling a nasty cold. Today is a snow day, and I'm going to sit and finish this book!

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Hope you feel better soon, Debbie. Yay snow day!

message 23: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

Debbie wrote: "I haven't had any reading time all week and have also been battling a nasty cold. Today is a snow day, and I'm going to sit and finish this book!"

I hope you feel better Debbie. Thanks for recommending this one. It was well written and it was a good story.

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments Thanks Lou and Ezi. I am finally feeling better. I really enjoyed this book although I wonder if there will be a trilogy or a sequel. It seems that there is so much more that can be covered.

I also had to stop and listen to some arias as I know very little about Opera. I like how the story actually contained a plot rather than more sex scenes - wow - did I just say that!!

My last couple of books were blah so I'm glad that I'm out of a reading slump.

I am also glad that Gio did not lose his job. He sounds like he really cares about the teenagers.