The Challenge Factory discussion

By the Light of the Moon  (Assassin/Shifter, #3)
This topic is about By the Light of the Moon
2015 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Ezi & Lou - By the Light of the Moon

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5838 comments Mod
Ezi & Lou - By the Light of the Moon

message 2: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16365 comments Mod
Hi Lou, I hope Melissa joins us

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments We'll see - are you thinking of leave this towards the end of the month? I might be able to join then.....

message 4: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

~Melissa~ (~Cainis~ the Elf) wrote: "We'll see - are you thinking of leave this towards the end of the month? I might be able to join then....."

ok

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments ~Melissa~ (~Cainis~ the Elf) wrote: "We'll see - are you thinking of leave this towards the end of the month? I might be able to join then....."

End of the month it is. February is a short month. I have a feeling I will miss those two extra days.

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments @Melissa

I just noticed we are both reading Spirit Sanguine (Sanguine, #1) by Lou Harper for the Feb. Category challenge. Hope it's a good choice.

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ wrote: "@Melissa

I just noticed we are both reading Spirit Sanguine (Sanguine, #1) by Lou Harper for the Feb. Category challenge. Hope it's a good choice."

I've had it on my starter list for a while - hopefully I'll actually get it done this month lol

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments ~Melissa~ (~Cainis~ the Elf) wrote: "Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ wrote: "@Melissa

I just noticed we are both reading Spirit Sanguine (Sanguine, #1) by Lou Harper for the Feb. Category challenge. Hope it's a good choice."

I've had it on m..."

I know what you mean. Reading this will not spoil anything . . . (view spoiler)

But seriously, you are reading this book (whatever it's called) with Ezi and me?

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Yes I want to read with you guys....I'm just behind lol
I need to read 1 and 2 first :)

OMG your spoiler LMAO

One of the girls in the MM group that reads a lot of pnr the book to me - I just haven't gotten to it yet - it never fit another challenge for me lol
Hard time reading a book for just one challenge when you are a challenge addict :D

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments WARNING: The following is the story of how I got sucked into reading the Assassin/Shifter series.

Somehow I managed to collect all 20+ books (including the 12 Olympians) after only reading one. That book was the second in this series. I, in my ignorance stupidity infinite wisdom innocence did not realize I had started a series with the second book until it ended so abruptly at a cliffhanger from hell.

So being a good One-Clicker, I bought all the other books as soon as they were published and stuck them in TBR limbo with the idea I'd eventually go back and read the first book. About 18 months later, Ezi and I compared notes and realized we had this dust collector in common. She had already read book 1, and I had only read book 2. We decided that I would read the first book independently, and we would get through the series by doing a monthly BR.

Sooooo, please catch up and share our pain joy, Melissa!

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments LOL - are you saying I'm not gonna like it??

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments .....your misery needs more company.......... :)

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments LOU'S DISCLAIMER, PART 2

We are not miserable. We like this series. Company is nice! (See Message 2) :))))))))

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ wrote: " LOU'S DISCLAIMER, PART 2

We are not miserable. We like this series. Company is nice! (See Message 2) :))))))))"

Good - that will make the reads of 1 and 2 go much quicker than :)

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments A Marked Man (Assassin/Shifter, #1) by Sandrine Gasq-Dion -Thanks for the book loan Ezi!! I started this last night (view spoiler)

message 16: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

~Melissa~ (~Cainis~ the Elf) wrote: "A Marked Man (Assassin/Shifter, #1) by Sandrine Gasq-Dion -Thanks for the book loan Ezi!! I started this last night omg I'm lmao - that these two are each other's 'mystery man' is too frickin funny. I'm surprised Mateo h..."

I liked that Mystery lover thing too.

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Hey - I finished up Alaska, With Love - I found it kind of hilarious that (view spoiler) I totally think this will be an easy read guilty pleasure kind of series for me :D

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Did you have a plan for #3 - I have a few others I need to get through before reading #3 - so later is good for me. Not sure where you guys are at with your other buddy reads.....

message 19: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Later is good for me too

message 21: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ wrote: "Works for me."

I thought you broke up with me...I haven't heard from you :(

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Do we want to try to fit this in next week or maybe this weekend?

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Hi, Melissa :D It's probably your call at this point. We've been waiting for you.

message 24: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Feb 18, 2015 07:21AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ wrote: "Hi, Melissa :D It's probably your call at this point. We've been waiting for you."

agreed. I bet this one will be better than  Nothing Ventured by Jay Northcote --snoozefest

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ wrote: "Hi, Melissa :D It's probably your call at this point. We've been waiting for you."

agreed. I bet this one will be better than  [bookcover:Nothing Ventured|2..."

Re: NOTHING VENTURED (view spoiler)

message 26: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ wrote: "Hi, Melissa :D It's probably your call at this point. We've been waiting for you."

agreed. I bet this one will be better t..."

LOL, must be her international language for working out, LOL!

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Ezi - do you want to do this one first or Avril's book?

message 28: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

this one first. then avril right after

message 29: by ~Melissa~ (last edited Feb 18, 2015 08:50AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments sounds good - I'm finishing up audio of Spider and have finished Copping An Attitiude just haven't taken off read shelf as I have to review it for DBML - still thinking on how I want to rate and review this one.....

Want to start tonight or tomorrow?

message 30: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

I will be book club meeting tomorrow, I think.

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments ok - so Fri?

message 32: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

~Melissa~ wrote: "ok - so Fri?"

yup

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Hope you have fun at your book club meeting....this is to discuss Girl on the Train right? You'll have to tell me what the others thought lol

message 34: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

~Melissa~ wrote: "Hope you have fun at your book club meeting....this is to discuss Girl on the Train right? You'll have to tell me what the others thought lol"

I shouldn't even call this gathering a book club since people rarely finish the book in the month we meet. we end up talking about TV and what our kids are up to. this one is discussing the Hobbit books which I haven't read and not going to read. I've fallen asleep when I tried the movies.

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments LOL - I liked LOTR movies better ....but never attempted to read the doorstoppers - nor do I want to. My son has read all of them and loves them. He said the book was better than the movie for The Hobbit. Liked the LOTR movies as much as the books.

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments TGIF morning, ladies. I'm starting this now.

message 37: by Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ (last edited Feb 20, 2015 06:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments The good news is I'm somewhere in Chapter 3, and I'm not bored or struggling to remain interested. Oh, and the wolfshifters are among us!

message 38: by Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ (last edited Feb 20, 2015 06:37AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Butter instead of cooking oil this time. In the same kitchen, I think. LOL

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments I am puzzled about one thing. This talk about children? How will that be possible?

message 40: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ wrote: "TGIF morning, ladies. I'm starting this now."

AT work, so i can't start until lunch and after work

message 41: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ wrote: "Butter instead of cooking oil this time. In the same kitchen, I think. LOL"

butter, cooking oil, don't these people at least have a massage oil???
Doesn't everyone have vaseline?

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ wrote: "Butter instead of cooking oil this time. In the same kitchen, I think. LOL"

butter, cooking oil, don't these people at least have a massage oil???
Doesn't ev..."

one would think, right??
I'll start it later

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Hope you're in the mood for a smutfest! SGD never wrote a smutfest she didn't like. As do I . . .

message 44: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ wrote: "Hope you're in the mood for a smutfest! SGD never wrote a smutfest she didn't like. As do I . . ."

you instigator? I had to pull out the pdf while at work so I can follow along :D

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Ok, I'll fess up . . . alas, your influence is taking it's toll on my normally shy, demure demeanor! (And if you believe that one there is the matter of some swampland I have for sale in Alaska.)

Er, BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA?

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Yay, I finished! By the Light of the Moon book focuses on the shifter aspect of this series, and I am glad. The wolves are revealed, ladies. I rated it 4 Stars and want to read the next book. Are we continuing next month?

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ wrote: "Ok, I'll fess up . . . alas, your influence is taking it's toll on my normally shy, demure demeanor! (And if you believe that one there is the matter of some swampland I have for sale in Alaska.)

..."

LOL .......shy..... Uh huh

I'm at 50% - insta love - no clue how they are going to do the kid thing unless there is a female around to help.
(view spoiler)

message 48: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Strep came to visit so I was at the pediatricians with the kids today. I'm so sick of this crap.
I just finished chapter 1. After kids sleep, I'll read more

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments ~Melissa~ wrote: "Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ wrote: "Ok, I'll fess up . . . alas, your influence is taking it's toll on my normally shy, demure demeanor! (And if you believe that one there is the matter of some ..."

This book is an excellent blend of sweet and smut. We do not get an answer to the baby riddle, so perhaps we'll find out later in the series. I'm hoping the guys don't birth no babies.

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Strep came to visit so I was at the pediatricians with the kids today. I'm so sick of this crap.
I just finished chapter 1. After kids sleep, I'll read more"

Is it visiting just your littlest angel again or has it claimed other victims as well?

« previous 1