The Challenge Factory discussion

The Girl on the Train
This topic is about The Girl on the Train
2015 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > V-Nerd, Kristen, Emma, Debbie, Ezi & K-Terror - The Girl on the Train

Comments Showing 1-50 of 106 (106 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 3 stars

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5580 comments Mod
V-Nerd, Kristen, Emma, Debbie & K-Terror - The Girl on the Train

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Checking in :)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Me too!

Can't wait to read this one. We're actually discussing it an IN-PERSON book club mid feb (19ish?) so the earlier the better for me.

Not sure what works for everyone else though?

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Any time is good for me

Emma Ruth (inevitablyannoying) I'm happy to start as soon as possible :)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I can start this week - like Tues/Wed...

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments I can start anytime

message 8: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16220 comments Mod
I added myself :D

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Yay !!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments When do we get this party started? :D

message 11: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

next week

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Sounds good

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Good to me too

message 14: by Debbie (Doc) (last edited Feb 03, 2015 11:52AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments Has anyone heard how the audio is of this one?

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments No but I hope it's good as I've used it for my credit this month lol.

Anyone using Scribd audio?

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments I am using Scribd but haven't found many audiios that I'm wanting to listen to. I haven't looked to see if this one is on there yet. I haven't used my credit yet!

message 17: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

Debbie wrote: "I am using Scribd but haven't found many audiios that I'm wanting to listen to. I haven't looked to see if this one is on there yet. I haven't used my credit yet!"

i am curious to see how you like it V.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I've been perusing scribd but haven't found much in the way of the audios I'm looking for yet.

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments I'm not using it yet either , I was just interested in it, there is a 3 mth free trial code so I may give it a trial, it's the word unlimited that piques my interested lol.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Yes, unlimited worlds always has such a nice ring to it! ;)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments lol, I've been having a scout through but haven't really seen much to be honest!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments you get unlimited ebooks too though and there are quite a few of those .........hmm

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments ...or unlimited WORDS... It did look like they had a pretty good selection of ebooks! It would be so much more low maintenance of me to read more ebooks for sure.

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments ugh me too, I use so much space on my phone for my audios

message 25: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Feb 05, 2015 01:11PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

the audio at the library became available today. WOOO HOOOOO!
I will listen via my Overdrive app

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "the audio at the library became available today. WOOO HOOOOO!
I will listen via my Overdrive app"

WOW - Lucky. I just checked and I am #243 at my library. Gee, guess I will be using my credit for this one!

message 27: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

Debbie wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "the audio at the library became available today. WOOO HOOOOO!

WOW - Lucky. I just checked and I am #243 at my library. Gee,..."

is it lendable via amazon?

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Debbie wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "the audio at the library became available today. WOOO HOOOOO!

WOW - Lucky. I just checked and I am #243 at my..."

I doubt it but haven't checked. I'll just go to audible and listen to it. I have 5 credits. A friend of mine got a certificate for her birthday, and she hates audio. She gifted them to me - Happy Birthday to her!

message 29: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

Debbie wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Debbie wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "the audio at the library became available today. WOOO HOOOOO!

WOW - Lucky. ..."

a great friend indeed :D

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Did we decide when we were going to read this one? I'm all of over the place this week so trying to get some organization back in my life... maybe...

message 31: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

Next week

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments K - thanks

Emma Ruth (inevitablyannoying) I think I'm going to have to skip this buddy read. I'm going away for the week and have just found out there's going to be very little reception/internet access there.
I'll still read it though and add my thoughts when I get back :)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Hey Emma - I'm probably going to start it today but will be reading it with another one (or two)... If I'm done before you're back to read & post, I'll come back to chat!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments I'll start this later on the way home from work

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments whoop-whoop!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Well this starts out weird!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Rachel certainly likes a glass of wine!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Why yes, yes she does.... She is such a sad and depressing person. I feel sorry for her one minute but then want to smack her and tell her to pull herself together the next.

Chapter 26
(view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments There are 133 mini chapters in this book! Chapter 26 sounds like I'm a lot further than I actually am.

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments wow you move quick girl !! Lol.

I know am I right in thinking Jess & Jason (view spoiler)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments I was trying to work out who Rachel sounds like, then I realised she sounds just like Helen Baxendale !

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments I've only got 39 chapters on mine!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Weird, right?

Re: Jess & Josh - (view spoiler)

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments I'm on chapter 61. (view spoiler)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments I'm just hearing the news about (view spoiler) chapter 6 on my audible.

Is your narrator English?

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments V Audio Nerd wrote: "I'm just hearing the news about [spoilers removed] chapter 6 on my audible.

Is your narrator English?"

Yes, and it took me a while to get used to her. I had to slow down my audible in order to do it. The first person POV is also driving me crazy. I'm not sure if I like this one or not.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Debbie - Your audible looks like it has the 133 chapters too..

V - I have 3 narrators, one for Rachel, one for Megan, and now one for Anna... All English

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments weird, I'm on chapter 8, but it is 1hr 16 mins long!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments V Audio Nerd wrote: "weird, I'm on chapter 8, but it is 1hr 16 mins long!"

Uhm.. did you get Orphan Train instead of The Girl on the Train???

HAHA!

« previous 1 3