The Challenge Factory discussion

Fly Away (Firefly Lane, #2)
This topic is about Fly Away
2015 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Ezi, Stacey, Debbie & K-Terror - Fly Away

Comments Showing 1-50 of 210 (210 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited Feb 22, 2015 09:28AM) (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5575 comments Mod
Ezi, Stacey, Debbie & K-Terror - Firefly Lane, Fly Away

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Checking in! Have this one on audio (surprise!) and can read any time that works for everyone.

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments HI everyone! I will download on kindle and can read anytime as well:)

message 4: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16216 comments Mod
hi!!!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Are we still planning to read this early in the month?

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Whenever y'all want is good with me! Says the Yankee;-)))

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments Anytime is good with me.

message 8: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

This weekend or Monday!!!

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Ok. Sounds good!

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments Stacey wrote: "Ok. Sounds good!"

Can we do Monday? I won't have much time this week-end. Otherwise, I can just catch up with you next week.

message 11: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

Debbie wrote: "Stacey wrote: "Ok. Sounds good!"

Can we do Monday? I won't have much time this week-end. Otherwise, I can just catch up with you next week."

Monday is fine

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Debbie wrote: "Stacey wrote: "Ok. Sounds good!"

Can we do Monday? I won't have much time this week-end. Otherwise, I can just catch up with you next week."

Monday is fine"

Thanks!

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Good for me.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments YAY! Monday it is!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Starting this book this morning!

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Ok sounds great!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I was able to read a couple of the chapters this morning before work... (Chapters 1-6)

Like the other Hannah book, this one was so easy to connect with the characters immediately... She does such a good job painting the lives of each of the girls - Kate & Tully.

Interested to see where this story goes, especially given the prologue.

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments I've read a couple of chapters this morning. So far, I am really liking it and want to get to know Kate & Tully better.

message 19: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

I decided to try The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins since I tend to not like crime drama. I figured I'd rather end on a happy note. So I will listen to this one AFTER.

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Hi ladies- I've read through seven and would def say at a turning point in the story for the friends.

Great quote, "Thoughts- even fears- were airy things, formless until you made them solid with your voice, and once given that weight, they could crush you."

Really liking it. I suppose if you feel ferociously angry with a character in a book then the author has done her job well. I want to pummel someone in this book!
Girls are sweet- drawn together by how they fulfill something in each other. Looking forward to seeing them develop. Also the reality of growing up and the insecurity and jealousy of even your one best friend is shown well and accurately. Can't fault them at all for these feelings.

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments I am reading this one and listening to The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins . I will go back to listening once I finish my current audio.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "I decided to try The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins since I tend to not like crime drama. I figured I'd rather end on a happy note. So I will listen to this one AFTER."

Probably a good choice - Girl on the Train is pretty dark.. There is thread for it on NBRC too if you want BR points. Link

I've been reading between both books

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Stacey wrote: "Hi ladies- I've read through seven and would def say at a turning point in the story for the friends.

Great quote, "Thoughts- even fears- were airy things, formless until you made them solid wi..."

I love the quote! I agree - there have been SO MANY FEELS in this book so far! (view spoiler)

I've just gotten up to part II. (College)

message 24: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "I decided to try The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins since I tend to not like crime drama. I figured I'd rather end on a happy note. So I will listen to th..."

I am so over TT3. I considered quitting the entire group, that's how unhappy I am.
I don't think I will join group challenges there anymore.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments If you can hang out another day or two, I think TT3 will be over - TC only has about 400-500 points left. Seeing how that reading-machine-team can crank through books, they'll probably have that by dinner.. ;)

Have you played TT before? (This is my first.) Just was wondering if it was the game or the team that you aren't enjoying?

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "I decided to try The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins since I tend to not like crime drama. I figured I'd rath..."

I won't join any more challenges there either after TT3. I will personally be glad when it is done.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Both you guys are on the same TT3 team too, right? What's the wheelathon like?

I'm just starting Chapter 17 of 37 -
(view spoiler)

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Hi ladies- I am also starting chapter 17.
(view spoiler)

message 29: by K~Terror (last edited Feb 10, 2015 09:14AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Stacey wrote: "Hi ladies- I am also starting chapter 17.
we..."

You took the words right out of my mouth! :)
(view spoiler)

Why do I always type "spoiker" instead of spoiler?? It drives me crazy!

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Stacey wrote: "Hi ladies- I am also starting chapter 17.
we..."

You took the words right out of my mouth! :)
[spoilers removed]

Why do I always type "spoiker" instead of spoiler?? It drives ..."

Right! Me too;)

message 31: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

Is this one way better than Girl on the train?

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Is this one way better than Girl on the train?"

OMG - IT Has to be. I am doing all that I can to finish that one up. I am almost to the point of not finishing, but I only have 4 hours left - put too much effort into it to stop now!

message 33: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

Debbie wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Is this one way better than Girl on the train?"

OMG - IT Has to be. I am doing all that I can to finish that one up. I am almost to the point of not finishing,..."

I want it to end as well :(

message 34: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

this is BS. I have been reading all the review on GR so I can see what happened. The ONE TIME I want someone to spoil the ending by revealing the culprit, all the reviews are silent!
Just my luck

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Stacey wrote: "Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Stacey wrote: "Hi ladies- I am also starting chapter 17.
we...."

Half way through Chapter 32
(view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments (view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments At least Girl on the Train didn't make me cry

message 38: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Feb 10, 2015 02:30PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "At least Girl on the Train didn't make me cry"

Ok. I will need to read some smut or really cute love story before jumping into this one. girl on the train just felt like cold water splashed in my face.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Yes, something light & fun would probably help re-set the mood. :)

(view spoiler)

message 40: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

I have started. I am on chapter 3.
Both people's mothers have issues, one is just a basehead addict, the other one jump stomps on her daughter's self esteem. Ugh!

message 41: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tully went the high school dance with Quarterback Pat...I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach :(

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments ya, and wasn't she like 14?

message 43: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "ya, and wasn't she like 14?"

With a mother like hers, you think she'd know a thing or two about men expectations.

you gotta really be ashamed to tell folks your mom has cancer

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "With a mother like hers, you think she'd know a thing or two about men expectations.

you gotta really be ashamed to tell..."

No doubt... but I guess that seemed like a more "normal" reason to give than the ugly truth... that it was her mom's choice...

message 45: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Is this one any good guys?

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Yes!! Night Road is my favorite Kristin Hannah book but this is a close second.

Must have Kleenex.

Don't read at work.

message 47: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Haha !
I've never read any of hers before, another one to my TBR pile, it's never going to go down!!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I think you'll like her - her writing style reminds me of Liane Moriarty.

We'll probably do another Kristin Hannah buddy read next month :D

message 49: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments I shall keep my eyes peeled!

Debbie (Doc) | 1496 comments I'm on chapter 5 - finally was able to start today. I am liking it so far, and I do like her writing style.

« previous 1 3 4 5