The Challenge Factory discussion

Fever (The Chemical Garden, #2)
This topic is about Fever
2015 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Penni & K-Terror - Fever

Comments Showing 1-50 of 105 (105 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited Feb 22, 2015 09:18AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5838 comments Mod
Penni & K-Terror - Wither, Fever

message 2: by Penni (new) - added it

Penni | 994 comments Checking in....

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Hey there! Just realized if you don't read this one I'm gonna talk to myself! HaHa!

Or guilt someone into it... Shhh....

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Uh..no pressure.. ;)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments I loved it! I'll chatter with you if you want me to :)

message 6: by Penni (new) - added it

Penni | 994 comments LOL - I figured I'd read this one first to make sure I got it since the other one there is at least one other person :-)

When do you want to start? Do you have a rough time frame of when would be good?

message 7: by Penni (new) - added it

Penni | 994 comments Jenne wrote: "I loved it! I'll chatter with you if you want me to :)"

5 *'s! That is awesome. Glad to hear it is good.

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments I read this when I first discovered dystopians. I was sucked in early on. It's pretty dark for YA but it doesn't read like a YA at all.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Yay - I'm excited to read this! I have this on audio and can read it whenever works for you. Early sounds groovy. ;)

message 10: by Penni (new) - added it

Penni | 994 comments I might be able to start this Sunday or Monday.... I have a couple that I'm needing to finish from this month.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Penni wrote: "I might be able to start this Sunday or Monday.... I have a couple that I'm needing to finish from this month."

Cool - I'll plan to start Sunday/Monday too. :)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I'm almost done with a Molly Harper book and will start this one. Likely tomorrow. :)

message 13: by Penni (new) - added it

Penni | 994 comments Sounds good. I will plan to start tomorrow also.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Chapters 1-5

Interesting and fairly dark... First of all, what kind of name is Rhine? :)

(view spoiler)

message 15: by Penni (new) - added it

Penni | 994 comments Just getting started tonight. I will try and catch up :-)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments No worries! I'm multi- tasking and set it aside - will be picking it up again today.

message 17: by Penni (new) - added it

Penni | 994 comments Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Chapters 1-5

Interesting and fairly dark... First of all, what kind of name is Rhine? :)

I feel bad for Rowan. I wonder where he was when she was taken. It sounds like they caught & killed the..."

OK - I'm through Chapter 5. This is an odd situation. (view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Maybe it was on the way home - I'd forgotten she'd said that too. LOL! So, ya, it's a bit confusing. I haven't read further yet but hopefully it will clarify some of this... I'm listening in audio too but have the kindle version. I should look back through that section about Rowan's empty cot.

So far, Gabriel is my favorite person in the book. :)

message 19: by Penni (new) - added it

Penni | 994 comments OK, almost through Chapter 7 and (view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I'm nearly through Chapter 7 too now...

(view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Finished Chapter 10

(view spoiler)

message 22: by Penni (last edited Feb 03, 2015 04:25PM) (new) - added it

Penni | 994 comments I thought at first Jenna would be an ally, but she also said (view spoiler)

What did you think about the window being opened in Rhine's room?

message 23: by Penni (new) - added it

Penni | 994 comments That Vaughn is a snake.

The juxtaposition between what Rhine is going through (and all the girls and the sister brides and all that) and the descriptions of things like tourist boats off New York and joggers is surreal.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments It's interesting about the window, especially given she is the one with the (view spoiler)

How far have you read to?

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Yes - Vaughn is super creepy!

message 26: by Penni (new) - added it

Penni | 994 comments I'm in the middle of Chapter 14 I believe. At the part where Cicely has a fit about Linden talking about taking Rhine to a ribbon cutting (like Vaughn would allow that) and then her telling Gabriel and wanting him to come with her to escape - then the domestic interrupting them and asking about what Vaughn had said to her while she was under the medication.

Linden was there at the van and picked them right? And since the girls heard the shots in the van, I would think he would have also? It's just so weird that no one has addressed it - even as - you're here now this is your life get used to it (at least until she tries her first escape).

Yea - I'm not sure about Jenna either.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Ok.. I'm having a hard time reconciling the Linden from the beginning of the book to the Linden of now... Clearly I'm giving him too much credit. The Linden at the beginning of the book would never open Rhine's window for her ~ but Gabriel would...

message 28: by Penni (new) - added it

Penni | 994 comments Linden is an enigma. I think his dad is behind a lot of it. And just the way he was raised - entitled. He thinks what he lives is normal and right. However, I still think he has to have known something about what was happening at that van at the beginning. I wonder if we will find out later more what is in his head.

message 29: by Penni (new) - added it

Penni | 994 comments Chapter 15 - (view spoiler)

message 30: by Penni (new) - added it

Penni | 994 comments Ah - he's shocked that she had parents and knew them. Wonder if they will start talking now.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments "What made you want to be a bride?"

Hmmmm... Clueless...

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Now I'm creeped out... Gabriel...

(view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Chapter 20

(view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Chapter 22
(view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Just finished!
(view spoiler)

Let me know if you're interested in continuing on with book 2? I have no time frame in mind so am flexible if you would want to wait until next month to read. (no pressure)

message 36: by Penni (new) - added it

Penni | 994 comments Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Now I'm creeped out... Gabriel...

[spoilers removed]"

I don't know - I'm just to the part that he was missing.

I want to keep going, but only have so much time to listen.

message 37: by Penni (new) - added it

Penni | 994 comments Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Just finished!

Ok wow. I didn't think Cecily would have done that to Rhine... But since she came through for her in the 11th hour, I'm guessing she didn't mean to do it out of spite but was jus..."

I have a feeling I will want to continue. It would more than likely have to be next month though if you could wait until then. My February is booked to the ma\x....

message 38: by Penni (new) - added it

Penni | 994 comments I'm on Chapter 17......

Hope to finish by tonight. Dang this work and kid stuff always getting in the way of reading lol.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Haha! It really does!!! Finish at your own pace though - I'll be around. ;)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments I'm glad y'all are liking it! It's rather dark and an original concept. The author is really young herself.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments PS - Next month is totally fine. I knew you were just trying to squeeze Wither in this month so am just happy that worked out!

message 42: by Penni (new) - added it

Penni | 994 comments OK - so tell me.

With all the hologram stuff and other high tech stuff running around, does Vaughn not have cameras in the place? Is that how he knew about the kiss?

Right now, Linden is asking Rhine about whether she knew that Jenna had sisters and that they died. Has he not put 2and 2 together yet?

Did Vaughn do something to kill Jenna sooner?

If this thing is a virus, why doesn't it spread and kill other people?

The whole Vaughn/baby thing is weird.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Remember when we called Linden clueless? Well, I really think he is.. In fact, Rhine uses that very term for him herself! It's like he lives in his own little bubble... And since he's never lived a life remotely close to what the sister-wives have had to endure and his dad has seemingly raised him under a protective shell, I don't think he had any idea how the other half lives - so to speak.

Gun shots? He probably thought it was a muffler back firing.. For real!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I still need to know more about this virus...

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments A lot of your thoughts and comments are along the lines of how I was thinking too at the same place..

Holograms - what a fake world.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Oh, I meant to really, really, REALLY agree with the weirdness if the Vaughn & baby thing.... I felt really bad for Cecily as well as kind of surprised she didn't go off on the old man. I guess that's not her way though.

message 47: by Penni (new) - added it

Penni | 994 comments Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "A lot of your thoughts and comments are along the lines of how I was thinking too at the same place..

Holograms - what a fake world."

There is a lot of parallels drawn - holograms vs real world, reflection vs. real, what's better, reality or fantasy, and of course lots around freedom - are we free, what is it, is it worth it.

message 48: by Penni (new) - added it

Penni | 994 comments Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Oh, I meant to really, really, REALLY agree with the weirdness if the Vaughn & baby thing.... I felt really bad for Cecily as well as kind of surprised she didn't go off on the old man. I guess t..."

I'm supposing because it is a boy? And since Vaughn had not u/s he knew it was a boy so that's why it got to live? But he's not letting it out of his sight and it seems like such an unhappy baby I'm wondering if what he is doing to it makes it uncomfortable in some way. He also seems to want to keep Cecily from getting too much of a hold on it.

I'm on chapter 24 and I'm getting so close. I don't want to put it down. RL may intervene, but I'm close.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Penni wrote: "Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "A lot of your thoughts and comments are along the lines of how I was thinking too at the same place..

Holograms - what a fake world."

There is a lo..."

Honestly there was a point in this book that I thought she should just ask Linden and/or Vaughn to bring Rowan to the house to live since Vaughn wanted his son happy by keeping her there and Linden would surely understand her wanting her brother there. I know she's a "kept woman" under lock and key with very little/no freedoms. But her life before really sucked too!

message 50: by Penni (new) - added it

Penni | 994 comments I just got to the part where Cicely told Rhine that she was the one that told Vaughn and Rhine told her she killed Jenna by doing that. That girl is clueless - as Rhine says a perfect match for Linden.

I'm so close to the end - so close so close.

« previous 1 3