English Translations of Scandinavian/Nordic Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Group read-alongs > February 2015 read-along

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (last edited Jan 28, 2015 03:23PM) (new)

Ken Fredette (klfredette) | 4311 comments Mod
February's line-up of books published this month is awesome. We start out with Sara Blaedel and her book The Forgotten Girls. Next we have Helene Tursten with her book The Beige Man. Followed by The Dangerous Game: Anders Knutas series 8 by Mari Jungstedt. And we finish up with a new book by Jussi Adler-Olsen which is not a Department Q mystery, but a war story, called The Alphabet House. Good reading.

message 2: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (new)

I have 3 out of the four coming to me this month from my local library. The Dangerous Game is the only hold out.

message 3: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (new)

Well it's January 30 and I have the library's book by Sara Blaedel. Not due out until February 3. Even says published February 2015.

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan (susanthomas) Two of these that interest me are not yet available. I'm going to go back and read an earlier Helene Tursten because I prefer to read series in order and I'm not current with her books. I'll be reading Night Rounds since I had managed to miss it in the past.

message 5: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (new)

Well I finished The Forgotten Girls by Sara Blaedel and live my life as a mental health counselor again. Funny my hospital closed after 10 years. Brings back memories. Anyway read this book because it is a good one that extends what you want to know about Louise Rick and her friend Camilla. You won't be disappointed.

message 6: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (new)

I got The Beige Man from the library. First chapters pretty good. Irene Huss comes in in the second.

message 7: by Richard (new)

Richard (ricoh) | 42 comments Waiting on The Dangerous Game: Anders Knutas series 8 by Mari Jungstedt via Amazon

message 8: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (last edited Feb 05, 2015 05:28PM) (new)

Well I had to add a book to read for this month by Yrsa Sigurðardóttir called Someone to Watch Over Me: A Thriller. Its been out in England for a while now it's being published in the US. Love Yrsa.

message 9: by ???!!! (new)

???!!! | 133 comments Kenneth wrote: "Well I finished The Forgotten Girls by Sara Blaedel and live my life as a mental health counselor again. Funny my hospital closed after 10 years. Brings back memo..."

This will be my first by this author. Will it be ok to read this book without reading her prior series?

message 10: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (new)

???!!! wrote: "Kenneth wrote: "Well I finished The Forgotten Girls by Sara Blaedel and live my life as a mental health counselor again. Funny my hospital closed after 10 years. ..."

Yes, her prior books bring her history, but this book brings it all back. Louise and Camilla have a lot of history together.

message 11: by ???!!! (new)

???!!! | 133 comments Great. Now I just have to wait for my turn in the library. :)

message 12: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (last edited Feb 07, 2015 03:01PM) (new)

Just to let you know Jorn Lier Horst's book The Caveman has finally been added to Goodreads so we can show it being published on February 19th. There are 6 books you can choose from this month. Click on the heading for more books in heavy green under the currently reading books.

message 13: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (new)

Finished The Beige Man by Helene Tursten. It ends the way it should. Kids leaving home.

message 14: by Heather (new)

Heather (barrygreenback) | 9 comments Couldn't get hold of the first in the series so reading Number 2 Night Rounds and shall see what I think then carry on if available through my local library :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Buried - Jussi Adler-Olsen, has just been published in the UK today. It's Department Q book 5. I ordered it to arrive on my Kindle this morning and have just started to read it.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

I think it was published in the US as The Marco Effect

message 16: by Heather (new)

Heather (barrygreenback) | 9 comments Eventually got around to finishing Night Rounds Helen Tursten, really enjoyed it , very well written and I like Irene , bit too much about the dog, that reminded me of other books where the detective has a dog (and more detail about that than the husband!) - Karin Fossum- perhaps it's inevitable that they feature so often when the author is a dog owner?!Will now read the others - thanks for introducing me to another author