Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 70k YA Fantasy

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ak (new)

Ak Madison | 1 comments Looking for someone to swap stories with. I'm happy to Beta Read yours if you'll read mine. I'd swap 3 chapters at a time and my turn around time is usually a couple days, sometimes I can get it back to you same day.

I want to know overall feelings on the chapters.

I like romance, ya fantasy, sci-fi, but I have a hard time with miltary or fighting/war. Make sure you're interested in YA Fantasy cause I want you to read the whole thing a few chapters at a time if we mesh.

Here's the query:

After years of mental and physical abuse at the hands of her family, fifteen-year-old Faiyth is at a breaking point. Resolute to end the abuse by any means necessary, she demands to know the reason behind their hate. But questions about her towering height and different features lead to a secret her "family" has hidden since her birth. She's not one of them at all; she's an elf.

Enraged by their deception, Faiyth's turbulent emotions turn her usually docile magic deadly, leaving her greatest tormentor, a young boy, near death. Exiled for her crime, she's sent to the elven town of Elentan where she begins to flourish under the guidance of a magic tutor. With her powers strengthening, she's on the verge of fitting in for the first time ever. But then her magic lashes out again, injuring the son of an influential politician and earning her a powerful enemy, one who believes she's too dangerous if left alive.

Now her focus shifts to surviving the sudden barrage of murder attempts. With her teacher and friends battered and burned in the many attacks, things are quickly spiraling out of control. Determined to stop the attacker before someone ends up dead, she rushes headlong into a trap where she faces the truth as her enemy knows it; she may not be the hero after all. With her powers proving more dangerous and uncontrollable every day, the world might be safer with her dead.

message 2: by Justine (new)

Justine Joseph (ajthahippie) | 1 comments Woah I'd love to read this, although I'm not writing anything right now. Is it still ok for me to tell you what I think. This seems like a really good story and I'm wondering how it will turn out.

message 3: by Maura (new)

Maura Milan I'm currently finishing up a 85k word fantasy novel. I'd love to swap pages if you're interested!

message 4: by K.P. (new)

K.P. Merriweather (kp_merriweather) | 129 comments i'd love to swap. i have a ya fantasy at 80k so far (gotta write the last 5 chapters!) its pdf and you can take your time