Goodreads Ireland discussion

Introductions > Luciana

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Luciana (new)

Luciana Damasceno (lucydamasceno) | 11 comments Hi everybody, I am very happy to join this group. I am from Brazil, but I have lived in Ireland since 5 years ago with my Irish partner.

I am a book lover, but I haven't read much of Irish authors to be honest, except for the classics - Joyce, Wilde, Stoker...as far my mom told me, the first book I read by myself was Gulliver's Travel, but still, all translated into Portuguese!

So, I am hoping this group will give me some suggestions about Irish new authors and maybe some classics I haven't hearad about. I am a fan of crime, thrillers, fantasy and sci-fi, but I read anything really.

I apologize in advance for my English mistakes, but I will do my best!

Thanks!

message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul Welcome Luciana. Your English is great so don't worry about that. Jump in to the threads and you will definitely find some intetesting books ☺

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma Flanagan (emma89) Welcome to the group. You've joined at a good time if your looking to expand your knowledge Irish writers as we are just finished selecting our quarterly Irish reads for February - April.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello Luciana, nice to meet you.

message 5: by Trelawn (new)

Trelawn Hello Luciana, welcome to the group.

message 6: by Luciana (new)

Luciana Damasceno (lucydamasceno) | 11 comments Thank you, Paul, Emma, Theresa and Trelawn. I will have a look at the threads and the February-April list for sure!

message 7: by Donna (new)

Donna McCaul Thibodeau (celtic_donna) | 1141 comments Hello Luciana and welcome! What part of Ireland do you live in? The weather is quite different from Brazil!

message 8: by Luciana (new)

Luciana Damasceno (lucydamasceno) | 11 comments Very different indeed! I used to live in Dublin, Donna, but I have moved to Galway.

message 9: by Donna (new)

Donna McCaul Thibodeau (celtic_donna) | 1141 comments Lovely part of the country. I'm from Ireland (Derry) but now live in Florida so the weather here is also quite different!