YA Today Book Club discussion

General > Participation

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alisha (last edited Jan 28, 2015 04:49AM) (new)

Alisha (booksandthingswithalisha) | 261 comments Mod
Hey everyone!

I hope you are all reading and enjoying the book club picks. I just wanted to post a little discussion here and see how many people are still with us when it comes to the following:

Polls
Discussions
Reading of the books

I know things have been kind of wonky, and I know there isn't much participation. I'm hoping to change that and get back to what the book club is meant to be.

So if you could just simply comment below with "here" or a suggestion for the book club. I will know that you are still participating in the group overall.

I'm here. :)

message 2: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Beck Kalnasy (kaylabeck) | 153 comments Mod
I'm here, but I always forget to comment on the discussions while I'm at work, and I currently don't have internet at home. Hopefully, everything will get sorted on my end soon.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (smruggles) | 1 comments My suggestion is I'll give you the sun by Jandy Nelson!
=)

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (4bakergirls) | 5 comments I'm here, but for the last several books I've already read them prior to the group deciding to read, and so I forget to come back and discuss. But I'm here!

message 5: by Sara (new)

Sara | 19 comments I am here I have a suggestion Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone) book 2 ( I have enjoyed the first book)

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (sloughry) | 12 comments I am here. and i just saw that it says only new release YA books! haha..

message 7: by Alisha (new)

Stephanie wrote: "I am here. and i just saw that it says only new release YA books! haha.."

We actually did a poll and change the range from books published in the last 6 months to books published in the last year. So we figure that would be better. we know that the avid readers of this group probably have read most if not all of what is out there already.

message 8: by Alisha (new)

Does anyone else have any other suggestions for book picks in February? I will make the poll soon.

message 9: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Beck Kalnasy (kaylabeck) | 153 comments Mod
Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5) by Marissa Meyer Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy, #1) by Pierce Brown Zodiac (Zodiac, #1) by Romina Russell

message 10: by Sara (new)

Sara | 19 comments Daughter of smoke and bone book 2

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (sloughry) | 12 comments the ruby circle is coming out feb 10th..its new, ya and i can't wait!! we could do that

message 12: by Alisha (new)

Thank you for all the suggestions. I will take all of them into consideration and post the poll.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Here

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Here

message 15: by Alisha (new)

Yay! Thanks!