Steampunk Reads discussion

End Trails - Two Stories of the Weird West (End Trails #1)
Almost steampunk - a weird western series

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Hudson | 18 comments I hope this isn't too far off-genre to be allowed here!

My first weird western ebook End Trails has reached the towering heights of the top 20 western-horrors on Amazon since it came out at the start of the month (that's not all that impressive, of course, given the genre's niche status), but it's a start!

Here are two excerpts, one from each story:

The Lying Room

Thirteen Bullets

The follow-up novella, Given Names, comes out early next month. You can read a mini-blurb here, and I’ve just blogged the opening passage as a teaser.

GIVEN NAMES - End Trails Volume 2

I’ll post a more substantial chunk next week, and anyone who subscribes to my mailing list before the book comes out (also at those links) will get a free copy on the day. Somewhere down the line I want to start earning money from my writing, but for now I'd settle for a bunch of happy readers writing happy reviews!

message 2: by James (last edited Jan 29, 2015 01:51PM) (new)

James Joyce (james_patrick_joyce) Andrew wrote: "I’ll post a more substantial chunk next week, and anyone who subscribes to my mailing list before the book comes out (also at those links) will get a free copy on the day"

I compared our book ratings and decided I may be interested, especially in a free copy, to review. But I swear I couldn't find any reference to a mailing list. (I don't just click things until I find something... that's dangerous)

message 3: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Hudson | 18 comments Hi James, I'd be delighted to see your review when you're done, here's the mailing list link:

http://j.mp/ALH-MailingList

It's a MailChimp form with a few quirky (and thoroughly optional) questions to answer - although so far everyone who signed up has answered all of them, for reasons that may become clear when you read them yourself!

message 4: by James (new)

James Joyce (james_patrick_joyce) Done.

message 5: by James (new)

James Joyce (james_patrick_joyce) I've just recently joined and you'll be among my first text reviews. I'll share on Amazon, too.

message 6: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Hudson | 18 comments Here’s one more taster of my Weird Western novella Given Names before it comes out next week!

Just to reiterate the point at the end of that post: I’d really much prefer to give people a free copy of this, ideally in return for honest reviews. If you’re interested, add yourself to this mailing list and you’ll receive a 100% discount code on the release day (that’s next Monday).

message 7: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Hudson | 18 comments Given Names is available now - there's a whole slew of links here, including instructions on how to get a copy half-price!

I hope you give it a try, and let me know what you thought - blogging, Goodreads and Amazon reviews are all very much appreciated...

message 8: by James (new)

James Joyce (james_patrick_joyce) Downloaded. Putting it in my currently reading list. I'll post a review.

message 9: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Hudson | 18 comments I look forward to it, thanks.

message 10: by Omar (new) - added it

Omar Wilson | 1 comments I've just started a Weird Western kick - Finished several issues of "The Sixth Gun" and the "Dead man's Hand" anthology, and currently reading "Karen Memory".
I've added "End Trails" to my to-read list.

message 11: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Hudson | 18 comments Quick heads-up: as of today, all my self-pub'd ebooks are available via Amazon's KINDLE UNLIMITED program, which means you can read them for free (provided you're a subscriber).

The weird westerns:
End Trails, two stories of supernatural revenge
my Given Names, a Native American coming-of-age novella

And dark fiction in themed pairs of stories:
Dark Matters, Crime meets Horror
Absences, Pre-Post-Apocalyptic SciFi
Aftermaths, Post-Apocalyptic SciFi

If you're a Kindle Unlimited subscriber, I hope you'll give them a try! If not, they can still be bought via the normal Amazon marketplace - and they will be available free for a short time later in the year, so keep your eyes peeled...