What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Childrens book about a zoo keeper and a duck-billed platypus

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura | 3 comments Please help!!
Desperately searching for a book from my childhood (book will be at least
20 years old). From memory it was about a zoo keeper and a duck-billed platypus. the zoo keeper could never remember what the animal was and called it all sorts of different names. Can anyone help?!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5006 comments Was this a picture book or chapter book?
If picture, were the illustrations, colorful, realistic, watercolor, black and white, full page, etc?

Part of a series?
Anything about the cover?

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura | 3 comments From what I remember it was mostly a picture book but that could be incorrect.
I think it was a one off . Definitely in colour and more cartoon style than realistic. I recall that it reminded me a lot of the Percy the Park Ranger series - both in content and picture images.
Probably not much help but that's all I can remember! Desperately trying to think of the zoo keepers name but cannot come up with anyhing.

message 4: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (handmaiden) | 391 comments Rabbit and His Friends, by Richard Scarry, has some similarities to what you describe.

Rabbit and His Friends by Richard Scarry

None of the platypus's animal friends know what kind of animal he is (he doesn't know, himself, either). There is no zoo keeper, but there is a circus man.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura | 3 comments That's pretty accurate but not it unfortunately :( thank you though!
Possibly wasn't a zookeeper but there was definitely a main male character of some form

message 6: by Jean (last edited Jan 30, 2015 03:06PM) (new)

Jean Robinson | 9 comments Laura wrote: "... Desperately trying to think of the zoo keepers name but cannot come up with anyhing."

You have to appreciate the irony: On the one hand we have a story about a man who cannot remember the name of an animal, on the other hand we have a woman who cannot remember the name of a man in a story. :)

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Laura, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Laura, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.