Black Coffee discussion

Archives > Empire

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 138 comments I've only seen the pilot, but DAMN, this promises to be explosive. It's getting a lot of notice and good reviews. I plan to do some binge watching to catch up. I'd love to have someone to talk with about it.

BTW, Taraji Henson as Cookie rocks it!

message 2: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 790 comments yes a very good show and something different to watch on TV. I am a big Taraji fan and as usual she plays the character very well.

message 3: by Ray (new)

Ray S | 8 comments I love this show! I'm a huge Taraji fan. What do you all think of the brothers? I can't believe the oldest one is being so awful. The middle one is going to do great things! My mouth fell open at the end of this past episode. Not sure if everyone is caught up so I don't want to spoil it.

message 4: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 790 comments I like the middle brother the most. I like the direction the show is going. Good drama and suspense

message 5: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 138 comments Ironically the middle brother is the one with his father's drive. I'm believing he could take over Empire one day.

message 6: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 790 comments I dont trust the father's girlfriend and I have a feeling he and cookie will get back together

message 7: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 9 comments I was just strolling and saw this post. I love Empire. I watch it the day it sires and then watch it another 2 or 3 times ( smile)
I don't trust the father's girlfriend neither.
The oldest brother listening to his wife trying to get the other 2 brothers upset with one another. each show gets better and better.
I'm team Cookie. Taraji is doing an excellent job

message 8: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 790 comments I agree each show gets better and better

message 9: by Tazzyt2bossye (new)

Tazzyt2bossye I think Lucius is still in love with Cookie but he knows he did her wrong. Plus her loud mouth is intimidating as heck!

message 10: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 138 comments I don't want Cookie to take him back. He abandoned her in prison, abused his gay son, and who knows what else.

message 11: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 9 comments All I know is that Lucius illness better be long, very long because I'm not going to want this show to end. Lol
At my job there's about 6 of us that goes out to lunch the next day and discuss Empire.

Tuesday I have my have and have nots and Mary Jane
Wednesday I have Empire
Thursday I have Scandal and Have Nots

I have never watched this much TV before
But I'm loving it

message 12: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 790 comments I watch the same shows Barbara. I think real TV is back. all those reality TV shows is getting a bit extreme

message 13: by Barbara (last edited Feb 10, 2015 10:38AM) (new)

Barbara | 9 comments Maya wrote: "I watch the same shows Barbara. I think real TV is back. all those reality TV shows is getting a bit extreme"
yes I agree the reality show are nothing but a screaming match. I want to watch a show that has drama and good and leaves me talking about it days after.. Reality has drama and leaves me with a headache ( lol)im trying to hang with my last reality show ATL housewives but about ready to turn them out too

message 14: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 790 comments I use to watch ATL too, but I only watch a select few as of lately

message 15: by Lee (new)

Lee | 708 comments Loving it. Cookie "ain't" no joke!

message 16: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 790 comments Lee wrote: "Loving it. Cookie "ain't" no joke!"

last night episode was so good. Cookie really makes the show

message 17: by Barbara (last edited Feb 19, 2015 10:53AM) (new)

Barbara | 9 comments Empire just gets better and better
Do you guys think the security guard saw Boo Boo Kitty spike the singers tea?
remember when he nodded for Terrance to come over to him, I think he told him.
I think his losing his voice he did it on purpose pretending like he lose his voice
what do you guys think?

message 18: by Barbara (last edited Feb 19, 2015 10:55AM) (new)

Barbara | 9 comments coworker sent this to me this morning:

It's only been on the air for two weeks, but Empire is arguably the hottest show on TV.

Ratings have been through the roof for the musical drama and the network has taken note by renewing it for a second season. Hallelujah!

The Lee Daniels-produced drama, which stars Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson, premiered earlier this month to stellar ratings. According to The Hollywood Reporter, it is the only drama this season that attracted more viewers in its second week than on its premiere night. In fact, the ratings tied Shonda Rhimes' How to Get Away With Murder—not an easy feat—and an impressive 1.1 million viewers have watched Empire on demand.

Looks like we have more Cookie and Lucious to look forward to.

message 19: by Barbara (last edited Feb 19, 2015 10:58AM) (new)

Barbara | 9 comments Andrea wrote: "I don't want Cookie to take him back. He abandoned her in prison, abused his gay son, and who knows what else."

I'm not sure how I want them together or apart. I know the chemistry and storyline with them apart is good.

Boo Boo Kitty is so slick and sneaking she probably has all kinds of stuff on Lucious he cant leave her. But he can shoot her ( he don't have a problem shooting anyone )

message 20: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 1078 comments Barbara wrote: "coworker sent this to me this morning:

It's only been on the air for two weeks, but Empire is arguably the hottest show on TV.

Ratings have been through the roof for the musical drama and the net..."

It has been renewed for a second season!

message 21: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 138 comments Are you glad or sorry to see Cookie and Lucious get together? I'm pissed that Cookie let herself be manipulated by that heartless man. I know it was an emotional moment but I still don't trust him. On the other hand, I'm pleased that the other heifer got showed up. You just know she's going to get back at them both in some evil way. (Can't Believe how she drugged that poor woman for her evil purposes; just hoping it was caught on camera). In most ways, she's actually more suited to Lou because they're both self-centered and heartless.

Previews: Jamal's new love interest is seriously HOT.

message 22: by Shockexchange (new)

Shockexchange | 2 comments Empire is big and over the top. It reminds me of the '80s soap operas like Dallas and Dynasty. One of the best shows on TV right now. The show uses real musicians and is helping to discover new talent also.

message 23: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 9 comments Andrea wrote: "Are you glad or sorry to see Cookie and Lucious get together? I'm pissed that Cookie let herself be manipulated by that heartless man. I know it was an emotional moment but I still don't trust him...."

I didn't think Cookie and Lucious would got together that quick. It's going to be interesting how this plays out.

message 24: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 9 comments Shockexchange wrote: "Empire is big and over the top. It reminds me of the '80s soap operas like Dallas and Dynasty. One of the best shows on TV right now. The show uses real musicians and is helping to discover new tal..."

I loved Dallas and Dynasty

message 25: by Shockexchange (new)

Shockexchange | 2 comments "I didn't think Cookie and Lucious would got together that quick." - I agree with you. The show could have kept the sexual tension going through Season 2 and then let them hook up in Season 3. I don't think the producers necessarily knew the show would be a hit so they wanted to get the drama started in Season 1 to ensure it would be renewed.

Power (Starz), another show I like, had a similar issue. It let viewers know 50 Cent's character was behind the drama with Ghost's organization. They could have kept viewers guessing through Season 2. However, if they didn't get the drama started early the show may have been canceled. Networks are not giving these shows one or two years to develop. They want ratings from jumpstreet or they may get yanked.

SE