Coffee & Books discussion

Archives > February 2015 Signups!

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (last edited Feb 17, 2015 05:56PM) (new)

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) | 2950 comments Mod
The Silver Linings Playbook:
Rach
Angel
Leanne
Garrett
Demetra
Bajen
Alissa
Diane
Holli
Becky
Tatiana
Sheena

The Rosie Project:
Leanne
Andrea
Martina
elina
Dewlanna

Dark Places:
Rach
Andrea
Demetra
Ashley
Marissa
Julie
Zoe
Dewlanna
Jennifer

The Bone Clocks:
Rach
Bajen
Ashley
Janina
Tatiana
Gail

message 2: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (new)

How can I not - Silver Lining, Dark Places and Bone Clocks

message 3: by Leanne (new)

Leanne (bookgirl91) Sign me up for the Silver Linings Playbook please

message 4: by Leanne (new)

Leanne (littlebunnylibrary) | 53 comments I'd like to sign up for the Rosie Project please

message 5: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 28 comments Rosie Project and Dark Places for me please

message 6: by Gar (new)

Gar (dublin_reader) Andrea wrote: "Rosie Project and Dark Places for me please"

Both great reads Andrea. I really enjoyed Rosie Project

message 7: by Gar (last edited Jan 28, 2015 04:25AM) (new)

Gar (dublin_reader) Garrett wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Rosie Project and Dark Places for me please"

Both great reads Andrea. I really enjoyed Rosie Project"

I will sign up for Silver Linings Playbook

message 8: by Gar (new)

Gar (dublin_reader) Sofia wrote: "All these books have been loaned out of my local library have to wait until the end of the week to get them ordered in :("

Sofia you planning to read them all

message 9: by Demetra (last edited Feb 04, 2015 09:06AM) (new)

Demetra (dedra_de) | 80 comments Dark Places and Silver Linings Playbook

message 11: by Alissa (new)

message 12: by Gar (last edited Jan 28, 2015 07:29AM) (new)

Gar (dublin_reader) Alissa wrote: "I'm in for The Silver Linings Playbook!"

Thats two the same books we will be reading this month Alissa :)

message 14: by Alissa (new)

Alissa Patrick (apatrick12211) Garrett wrote: "Alissa wrote: "I'm in for The Silver Linings Playbook!"

Thats two the same books we will be reading this month Alissa :)"

We have great taste!!

message 15: by ash (new)

ash (novellyrooted) Dark Places and The Bone Clocks!~

message 16: by Gail (last edited Jan 28, 2015 12:30PM) (new)

message 17: by Marissa (new)

Marissa | 10 comments I was able to get electronic version of Dark Places. So I'm reading it now--so far so good. I enjoyed Gone Girl so I'm hoping this doesn't disappoint!

message 18: by Marissa (new)

Marissa | 10 comments So how does this work (I just joined). You start chats with those reading the same book?

message 19: by Holli (new)

Holli (hollidemyan) | 43 comments Sign me up for Silver Linings Playbook :)

message 20: by Becky (new)

Becky | 109 comments I am going to read The silver linings Playbook. I already read Dark places & the rosie project.

message 21: by Alissa (new)

Alissa Patrick (apatrick12211) Marissa wrote: "So how does this work (I just joined). You start chats with those reading the same book?"

Rachel will open up specfic threads for whatever book/books you want to discuss. So it'll be easier to discuss that way =)

message 22: by Martina (new)

Martina | 11 comments The Rosie Project for me...

message 23: by Janina (new)

Janina (sylarana) If I can get it in time from the library, I'll be reading the Bone Clocks ..

message 24: by Leanne (new)

Leanne (littlebunnylibrary) | 53 comments Sorry I'm now going to have to forget The Rosie Project for the time being, I've just been sucked in to another book that I absolutely have to read!

message 25: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (redreadingglasses) | 13 comments The silver linings playbook and bone clock for me please! :)

message 26: by Julie (new)

Julie Edwards | 19 comments Dark places for me. :))

Zoe Elizabeth (Booksatlunch)  (booksatlunch) | 60 comments I'm in for Dark Places

message 28: by ♥elina♥ (new)

♥elina♥ (lifeoncapilano) The Rosie Project for me!!!!

message 29: by Dewlanna (new)

Dewlanna | 111 comments I've been wanting to re-read The Rosie Project (my nomination) before starting The Rosie Effect. So I'm in for that one!

And I think I'll also give Gillian Flynn a try with Dark Places.

message 30: by Gar (last edited Feb 09, 2015 06:14AM) (new)

Gar (dublin_reader) Just started reading Silver linings playbook good read so far, some funny parts

So anyone else reading this

message 31: by Sheena (new)

Sheena Davis (sheenad) | 126 comments Yes! I just picked up Silver Linings. I'm in the middle of A Sudden Light and will read SL next. I have Rosie Project & Bone Clocks on hold at the library, and am hoping they'll come in in time to read them this month too.

message 32: by ash (new)

ash (novellyrooted) I finished dark places!

message 33: by Gar (new)

Gar (dublin_reader) Ashley wrote: "I finished dark places!"

Ashley what you think of Dark Places.

Read it last year did enjoy it

message 34: by ash (new)

ash (novellyrooted) @Garrett~ Yes I did, and gave it 4 stars. I had my theories at the beginning of the book- all of which fizzled by the end. I was not expecting that ending!

message 35: by Gar (new)

Gar (dublin_reader) Ashley wrote: "@Garrett~ Yes I did, and gave it 4 stars. I had my theories at the beginning of the book- all of which fizzled by the end. I was not expecting that ending!"

Yes me too I had some theories early on too. If you haven't read Sharp Objects I recommend it.

message 36: by ash (new)

ash (novellyrooted) I'm planning on reading that! Just have to get my hands on the book

message 37: by Gar (new)

Gar (dublin_reader) Angel wrote: "Garrett wrote: "Just started reading Silver linings playbook good read so far, some funny parts

So anyone else reading this"

I just started it and am liking it already!"

I really enjoyed it hope you enjoy it as much as I did Angel

message 38: by Gar (new)

Gar (dublin_reader) Angel wrote: "Garrett wrote: "Angel wrote: "Garrett wrote: "Just started reading Silver linings playbook good read so far, some funny parts

So anyone else reading this"

I just started it and am liking it alrea..."

@Angel well feel free to message me if you like to discuss the book.

message 39: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 4 comments Sign me up for Dark Places please.

message 40: by Demetra (new)

Demetra (dedra_de) | 80 comments I read Silver Linings Playbook as well. I liked it way better than the movie! I'm hoping the discussion pages get put up soon so we can share! I'd love to hear other people's opinions!

message 41: by Gail (new)

Gail | 57 comments Anyone else reading The Bone Clocks?

message 42: by Gar (new)

Gar (dublin_reader) Demetra wrote: "I read Silver Linings Playbook as well. I liked it way better than the movie! I'm hoping the discussion pages get put up soon so we can share! I'd love to hear other people's opinions!"

Have to say I really enjoy Silver Linings Playbook. The book was funny and enjoyable.

message 43: by Holli (new)

Holli (hollidemyan) | 43 comments So far Im enjoying Silver Linings Playbook. Its a very easy and interesting read.

message 44: by Sheena (new)

Sheena Davis (sheenad) | 126 comments Demetra wrote: "I read Silver Linings Playbook as well. I liked it way better than the movie! I'm hoping the discussion pages get put up soon so we can share! I'd love to hear other people's opinions!"

Totally agree. Loved the book, the movie .. meh. I really didn't like all the changes and think I would have liked the movie more if I would have waited longer before watching and had some time to forget some of the details from the book. This post does a great job of listing many of the issues I had. Don't read if you haven't read the book, spoilers!

message 45: by Sheena (new)

Sheena Davis (sheenad) | 126 comments Gail wrote: "Anyone else reading The Bone Clocks?"

Yes, just finished it yesterday.

message 46: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (new)

Im such an awful Mod :(

Im so sorry!!!

The discussion posts are up, and the sign up list has been updated!