Fashion Book Lovers! discussion

Announcements > Are you interested in Japanese trend fashion?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yuuki (new)

Yuuki Nakashima (yuukin) | 4 comments Tokyo Fashion Wiki English Edition Categorized in 30 different fashions 150 amateur models You can check every kind of fashion in Tokyo by SJP Editorial Team
Tokyo Fashion Wiki English Edition: Categorized in 30 different fashions 150 amateur models You can check every kind of fashion in Tokyo

This e-book shows you many kinds of styles in Tokyo, Japan. If you are interested in Japanese fashion and pop-culture, you should enjoy it!! Check it out!! :-)

message 2: by Jamie (last edited Jan 28, 2015 02:14AM) (new)

Jamie  (jaymers8413) | 524 comments Mod
Yuuki wrote: "Tokyo Fashion Wiki English Edition Categorized in 30 different fashions 150 amateur models You can check every kind of fashion in Tokyo by SJP Editorial Team
[book:Tokyo Fashion Wiki English Editio..."

Is it still free? ;)

message 3: by Yuuki (new)

Yuuki Nakashima (yuukin) | 4 comments Unfortunately, it's $2.99 now. :-(

message 4: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 37 comments Sounds fun! Looks like it's still free if you have kindleunlimited :D
Checking it out!

message 5: by Yuuki (new)

Yuuki Nakashima (yuukin) | 4 comments Lindsay wrote: "Sounds fun! Looks like it's still free if you have kindleunlimited :D
Checking it out!"

Wow, is it still free for kindleunlimited? Since I'm just a translator for the book, I didn't know that!!
I hope you'll enjoy it!!

message 6: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 37 comments Yuuki wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Sounds fun! Looks like it's still free if you have kindleunlimited :D
Checking it out!"

Wow, is it still free for kindleunlimited? Since I'm just a translator for the book, I didn'..."

Yep! :)

message 7: by Lindsay (last edited Mar 05, 2016 04:07PM) (new)

Lindsay | 37 comments Yuuki wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Sounds fun! Looks like it's still free if you have kindleunlimited :D
Checking it out!"

Wow, is it still free for kindleunlimited? Since I'm just a translator for the book, I didn'..."

Yuuki, I just finished reading the e-book. I'm curious if most people in Japan would be familiar with all the different style names. Would you know the answer to that? Also, do you know if the photos were of people that were randomly found on the streets?

message 8: by Yuuki (new)

Yuuki Nakashima (yuukin) | 4 comments Lindsay wrote: "Yuuki wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Sounds fun! Looks like it's still free if you have kindleunlimited :D
Checking it out!"

Wow, is it still free for kindleunlimited? Since I'm just a translator for the..."

Of course, older people and those who are not interested in fashion are not familiar with the style names. And some of the names are not so common outside of Tokyo. (Especially, ones that are named after the name of place in Tokyo.) But if you usually read fashion magazines or watch trend programs on TV, you should be familiar with most of them.
As for the models, I don't know because I'm an outsourced translator. However, it's very common that fashion magazines take photos of ordinary people on the street in Japan. I live in the fourth biggest city in Japan and I often see photographers for a local fashion magazine downtown. The photographers ask pedestrians to let them take photos. I'm not fashionable so I haven't asked but I have seen my friends on the magazine several times.

message 9: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 37 comments Yuuki wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Yuuki wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Sounds fun! Looks like it's still free if you have kindleunlimited :D
Checking it out!"

Wow, is it still free for kindleunlimited? Since I'm just a tr..."

Wow! You've seen your friends in the fashion magazines several times? That's so fun! Thanks for chatting with me about this; it's super interesting to me. :)

message 10: by Jamie (new)

Jamie  (jaymers8413) | 524 comments Mod
Thanks for all the additional information! I need to check this out!