2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Mr. Fox
This topic is about Mr. Fox
. Week 6: Author Under 30 > Mr. Fox by Helen Oyeyemi

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Angela (parasolofdoom) Just started this tonight.

Kirin I'm reading this book for this week's challenge too. I picked it because I read Boy, Snow, Bird and enjoyed it. What do you think of it so far?

Angela (parasolofdoom) It's been pretty good. Haven't got too far yet, I had my baby the next day. Was actually doing late night reading when suddenly it was time to head to the hospital!

Kirin Congrats on the birth of your child! Hope you and your baby are doing well.

I finished the book today. I like Oyeyemi's writing style but this book wasn't for me. There wasn't enough connectedness between the stories for me to get a good sense of how they fit within the triangle between Mrs. Fox, Mr. Fox and his muse. Maybe if I had done a closer read...

Angela (parasolofdoom) I loved it, I didn't mind the unusual structure. It was actually kinda perfect since I only had a chance to read it in small spurts.

Angela (parasolofdoom) I loved it, I didn't mind the unusual structure. It was actually kinda perfect since I only had a chance to read it in small spurts.