Addicted to Ink discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Read-a-Thon Archives > February 2015 #inkathon Updates

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexandria (last edited Feb 06, 2015 01:19PM) (new)

Alexandria (starkovalina) | 539 comments Mod
Our February #inkathon will run from Friday February 6 to Sunday February 8. It starts on Friday at 4:00 pm EST or 1:00 pm PST and will end on Sunday at 12:00 am EST (midnight) or 9:00 pm PST. The goal is to shorten your TBR pile, but don't forget to have fun. This thread is where you guys can talk about what books you are reading and share your progress throughout the read-a-thon. You can also use #inkathon on social media.

I'm currently reading Scarlet and an ARC of Seeker. If I finish both during the read-a-thon, I will be starting Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe. What books are you planning on reading for this read-a-thon?

message 2: by Haley (new)

Haley (liteartha) I'm currently reading Dare Me and an ARC of Seed, as well as having just started Red Queen! I might also read my preview of A Darker Shade of Magic if I have the time.

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina Pilkington I have about 50 pages left of The Darkest Part of the Forest that I should finish up tonight. I'm also on page 232 of Hyperion and hope to almost finish that book up. My audio book, Avempartha only has 45 minutes left and then I'll start listening to book #3 in the Riyria Revelations, Nyphron Rising. And I'd also like to start Half a King this weekend, too.

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (raach5897) | 2 comments Christina wrote: "I have about 50 pages left of The Darkest Part of the Forest that I should finish up tonight. I'm also on page 232 of Hyperion and hope to almost finish that book up. My audio book, Avempartha onl..."

How's Hyperion? I've thought about reading it but I'm never sure.

Just started reading The Noviceby Trudi Canavan, the second in the Magicians' Guild trilogy. If I finish all 500+ pages of that, I'll launch right into the next!

message 5: by Kylee (new)

Kylee (kyleerae23) I'm starting a Cold Legacy by Megan Shepherd and hope to finish it in under 3 hours so I can start and maybe finish The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon tonight!

message 6: by Kylee (new)

Kylee (kyleerae23) Haley wrote: "I'm currently reading Dare Me and an ARC of Seed, as well as having just started Red Queen! I might also read my preview of [book:A Darker Shade of M..."

Oh my gosh, I'm so jealous that you're reading red Queen, you'll have to tell me how it is!

message 7: by Kylee (new)

Kylee (kyleerae23) Also guys I'm tweeting my progress with #inkathon if anyone wants to join in, I fins it easier to check updates through twitter on my phone :)

My username is Book_Babe23 if you wanna find me :)

message 8: by Haley (new)

Haley (liteartha) The Bodacious Book Babe wrote: Oh my gosh, I'm so jealous that you're reading red Queen, you'll have to tell me how it is!

I definitely will!
I've just made my first twitter account @booksybadger, but I doubt I'll have figured out the inner workings of the elusive twitter by the time this read-a-thon's through, haha.

message 9: by Alexandria (new)

I will be updating my progress on Twitter as well. I'm @alex_quatchi :)

message 10: by Mrs. Kristin (new)

Mrs. Kristin (kristin_kay) | 33 comments I have a lot of library books to get through (about 15) so I'll be trying to catch up on all of those, but first I need to finish Cress. I have a twitter but haven't used it since 2012 (ha!) but I will post updates there as well :-) @kristinslibrary

message 11: by Grace (new)

Grace (graceisinspace) | 160 comments I'm still reading The Book Thief, and if I finish that this weekend, I am going to demand my parents to drive me to the library so I can get Tiger Lily and Let's Get Lost

message 12: by Kylee (new)

Kylee (kyleerae23) Kristin wrote: "I have a lot of library books to get through (about 15) so I'll be trying to catch up on all of those, but first I need to finish Cress. I have a twitter but haven't used it since 2012 (ha!) but I ..."

I loved Cress, I hope you enjoy!

message 13: by Kylee (new)

Kylee (kyleerae23) Well last night I finished Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout, read A Cold Legacy by Megan Shepherd, and Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I have to work all day but I'm hoping to read Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout and The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon tonight :D

How did last night go for everyone else?

message 14: by Alexandria (last edited Feb 07, 2015 10:19AM) (new)

The Bodacious Book Babe wrote: "Well last night I finished Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout, read A Cold Legacy by Megan Shepherd, and Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I have to work all day but I'm hoping to read Onyx by Jenn..."

Wow you made some great progress! Yesterday I only had time to read 30 pages of Scarlet before bed and then I got too sleepy. Hopefully I do a lot better today, but I'm not going to push myself too hard because I know I'm a slow reader.

message 15: by Virginia (new)

Virginia (vlgrantham) Last night was a bust on the reading front, but I had a fun game night with some friends. As soon as I've finished watching Romy and Michele's High School Reunion this afternoon, I will be jumping into the read-a-thon with Invaded. This sequel came out last week, and I'm ready to jump in!

message 16: by Christina (new)

Christina Pilkington Rachel wrote: "Christina wrote: "I have about 50 pages left of The Darkest Part of the Forest that I should finish up tonight. I'm also on page 232 of Hyperion and hope to almost finish that book up. My audio bo..."

I'm really enjoying Hyperion, but it is a tough book to read for a readathon since it can be dense and a slower read. It's one of those deep book that really makes you think!

And I'd love to know how you're liking the Magician's Guild books. I book the first one but haven't read it yet.

message 17: by Christina (new)

Christina Pilkington Finished up The Darkest Part of the Forest and my audio book. Starting to listen to Nyphron Rising and make another big dent in Hyperion.

message 18: by Haley (last edited Feb 07, 2015 11:59AM) (new)

Haley (liteartha) I finished Dare Me, last night! I'm hoping to put a serious dent in Red Queen by the end of the day, but there's a (rather cute) toddler running around my house which might interfere with those plans.

message 19: by Christina (new)

Christina Pilkington Haley wrote: "I finished Dare Me, last night! I'm hoping to put a serious dent in Red Queen by the end of the day, but there's a (rather cute) toddler running around my house which might interfere with those plans."

I might have a few of those (except they are 8) running around distracting me, too!

message 20: by Alexandria (new)

Today is the last day of the read-a-thon! How is everyone's reading going?

message 21: by Virginia (new)

Virginia (vlgrantham) I finished Invaded and read all of Lola and the Boy Next Door. Next up on my list is to get back to Salvage. This read-a-thon definitely encouraged me to read more this weekend that I had originally intended!

message 22: by Kylee (new)

Kylee (kyleerae23) I'm actually pretty proud of myself, I've had to work every day so far but I managed to read 7 books :D I'm doing an overnight at work tonight though so that's probably all I'll be able to get to... This definitely pushed me to bust out some of my TBR pile though!

message 23: by Alexandria (new)

I'm a really slow reader so I'm still finishing up Scarlet tonight. Right now I'm multitasking between reading, watching the Grammys and watching The Hunger Games on ABC.

message 24: by Mrs. Kristin (new)

Mrs. Kristin (kristin_kay) | 33 comments I wish I read more this weekend but it was my boyfriends birthday so we were out and about all weekend celebrating. I finished Cress and am starting Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham while watching Walking Dead!

message 25: by Grace (new)

Grace (graceisinspace) | 160 comments I have about 80 pages left of The Book Thief. Hoping to finish it tonight or tomorrow? I don't want it to end but at the same time I'm totally ready to move on and read something else.

message 26: by Alexandria (new)

It is a pretty long book, but the ending is so sad :'(

message 27: by Jeatrix (new)

Jeatrix Mannong (JeatrixTravelsthroughpages) | 15 comments i'm about to finish Scarlet, and i can't wait for Cress!

message 28: by Alexandria (new)

The #inkathon is now over. How did everyone do?

I read Scarlet, The Queen's Army, and some of Seeker. I didn't accomplish that much, but I'm still satisfied considering that this was my first read-a-thon. I had fun and I hope you guys did too.

message 29: by Grace (new)

Grace (graceisinspace) | 160 comments I finished The Book Thief last night. I need a few days to recover.

message 30: by Kylee (new)

Kylee (kyleerae23) I had a great time and I hope everyone did too! Now I'm just a little overwhelmed by all the reviews I need to catch up on haha

Did you guys have enough fun that you'll participate in one next month too? :)

message 31: by Dory (new)

Dory (fishthatreads) TBH, I forgot it was THIS weekend until notified by Alex, who really needs to catch up on reading Seeker no matter how daft it is so we can get to Since You've Been Gone.

I was reading Grave Mercy and Seeker.
The plots are kinda similar in a sense so i got a bit confused with character names and props used.

message 32: by Alexandria (new)

Sorry! I've been trying to read Seeker but it's kind of confusing me. Hopefully it will get better soon.

Also, yes I will be participating in next month's read-a-thon as well!

message 33: by Dory (new)

Dory (fishthatreads) I'll participate too. If its over a weekend again ill sure do it, and set more time aside.

@Alex Ive got a schedule. Trying to keep onto it.

message 34: by Virginia (new)

Virginia (vlgrantham) I'd be up for another next month for sure!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.