The Perks of Being a Book Girl discussion

Introduce yourself!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gracie (new)

Gracie Tyler (gracie1913) | 10 comments Mod
We want to know who you are! State your name and favorite book!

These Violent Delights (Robin) Thanks for the invite Gracie!

My name is Robin. My favorite color is purple. I'm a Capricorn, have a birthstone of Garnet, and was born in the year of the Tiger. My favorite animal is a Tiger. I love playing bad mitton in the summer. I love camping, fishing, and hunting.

I am currently trying to succeed in pursuing a career of working with solar panels.

I have a blog at http://wherebooksleadus.blogspot.com

My favorite books include:

Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck Tiger's Quest (The Tiger Saga, #2) by Colleen Houck Tiger's Voyage (The Tiger Saga, #3) by Colleen Houck Tiger's Destiny (The Tiger Saga, #4) by Colleen Houck I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak Frankenstein by Mary Shelley Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2) by Alexandra Bracken In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3) by Alexandra Bracken Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress #6) by Jeaniene Frost First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Twice Tempted (Night Prince, #2) by Jeaniene Frost Bound by Flames (Night Prince, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Up From the Grave (Night Huntress #7) by Jeaniene Frost

Probably more but that's all I could think of at this moment.

I love TV shows such as True Blood, Face Off, Cake Boss, American Dad, and Stalker.

I love movies such as 10,000 BC, RED, all 4 Underworld movies, all the Resident Evil movies, James Cameron's Avatar, Zombieland, The Mummy, The Mummy Returns, Priest, Pompeii, I, Frankenstein, Journey To The Center Of The Earth, all 6 Hobbit and LOTR movies, The Book Of Eli, Push, & many more

Can't wait to discuss with you guys!

message 3: by Gracie (new)

I want to read half those books! And I'm reading the Sookie Stackhouse series and I'm going to have a True Blood marathon this week end!

message 4: by Gracie (new)

I want to read half those books! And I'm reading the Sookie Stackhouse series and I'm going to have a True Blood marathon this week end!

message 5: by Alizabeth (new)

Alizabeth | 5 comments My name is Liz and I'm a HUGE book nerd! My favorite book include: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3) by Rick Riordan The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5) by Ally Carter The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3) by Julie Kagawa If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman

But that's only the beginning. I have a burning passion for books as well as my favorite tv show the vampire diaries. I love book to movie adaptations as well. harry potter, hunger games, if I stay and divergent just to name few. But someone really need to remake the percy Jackson movies because those sucked.
In my free time I read(duh), write, dance, and post on my Instagram fan account for the vampire diaries ( @missxdelenasalvatore )
So that's pretty much me! Thank you Gracie for inviting me to your group :)

message 6: by Gracie (new)

Welcome Liz! I love all those movies. And I love TVD. And your book list is just like amazing!

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie (infinitelybooks) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Katie, thanks for inviting me Gracie.
I have so many favourite books that to say them all would take a century. (however my fav fav is Splintered) I love books, films and tv shows especially Vampire Diaries and Once upon a time. I love to write a lot and am attempting to write a book. I play guitar and piano and I dance.

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Benson Hi, I'm Michelle! *waves*

Some of my favorite books/series: The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices, Divergent, Legend, The Darkest Minds, The Lunar Chronicles, Fangirl, Angelfall, Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, Hunger Games, Harry Potter, pretty much all Sarah Dessen books, If I Stay, TFIOS, The DUFF

and some tv favs: The Vampires Diaries, The 100, Once Upon a Time, Teen Wolf, Sherlock, New Girl, Gossip Girl, Scandal, HTGAWM

Thanks for the invite :)

message 9: by Kat (new)

Kat Williams | 2 comments Hello ladies!

My name is Eleanor and my favorite genres are YA and Fantasy!

Fave Book Series:
Song of the Lioness Quartet
Protector of the Small Quartet
Harry Potter (of course!!)
Green Rider Series
Magic's Pawn Trilogy (Valdemar Chronicles)
LoTR

Fave Stand-Alones:
Seer and the Sword
The Hero and the Crown
Blue Sword
Heir Apparent

Fave Non-Fic:
Wasted
Not That Kind of Girl

Fave Authors:
Tamora Pierce
J.K. Rowling
J.R.R. Tolkien
Victoria Hanley

There are so very many more, but that's a sampling.

My Netflix List:
Haven
Hemlock Grove
Orange is the New Black
Revenge
Once Upon a Time
Parks and Rec
Bates Motel
The Office (always and forever <3)

message 10: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 2 comments Hello! My name is Jessica and this is my first blog group! how exciting :)

My favorite color is blue and I'm obsessed with penguins <3 I'm currently in college to get my degree in Art Education :)

Some of my favorite series would be:
Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Switched (Trylle Trilogy, #1) by Amanda Hocking Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver The Vampire King (The Kings, #1) by Heather Killough-Walden The Heat (The Big Bad Wolf, #1) by Heather Killough-Walden

I just chose the first books in the series to show :)

My favorite tv shows would have to be Once Upon A Time, Vampire Diaries, The Librarians, Haven, HIMYM, Friends, and Property Brothers- they're just too cute to NOT watch ;)

Anyways, that's pretty much me!

message 11: by Kat (new)

Kat Williams | 2 comments Jessica wrote: "Hello! My name is Jessica and this is my first blog group! how exciting :)

My favorite color is blue and I'm obsessed with penguins <3 I'm currently in college to get my degree in Art Education :)..."

Haven for the win! That show is great!I love the strange happenings and troubles. I'm just starting Season 3 and can't wait to see what's to come.

message 12: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 2 comments Eleanor wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Hello! My name is Jessica and this is my first blog group! how exciting :)

My favorite color is blue and I'm obsessed with penguins

Haven for the win! That show is great!I love t..."

Agreed!! I have 6 more episodes to watch of the season that just got done,, i think it's 5? lol. it's soo intense!

message 13: by Destini (new)

Destini (firelordazula) Hi I'm DJ, (I'm a girl if my name is a little too ambiguous ) I've never joined a book group before. (so yay!) Um, my favorite color is orange, I like elephants(?!?!), and I'm an Aries (and I like parenthesis too apparently)

Um favorite books: Throne of Glass, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Winner's Curse, the Jewel, Falling Kingdoms, Shatter Me, Cinder and the Brokenhearted. (among many others)

TV: I watch WAY too much tv to post everything: HTGAWM, Scandal, Arrow, the Flash, Jane the Virgin (near everything else CW shows), Once Upon a Time, Revenge, and I recently saw an episode of Empire but I'm still iffy on whether I like it or not

OH! and Firefly, its been off air for ten years, but still obsessed.

And thanks for the invite!