2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

The House of the Seven Gables
This topic is about The House of the Seven Gables
. Week 5: Number in Title > The House of the Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Krista (k_lou) | 48 comments I picked this as I am trying to read only books I have at home, I have a large amount of books and many unread, this is just one of them.

message 2: by Tammy (new)

Tammy I'm trying to read some of my books from home too! I'll never be able to read all the books I want to read! The list keeps getting longer!

message 3: by Lou (new) - added it

Lou LaJeunesse | 45 comments I started this boook yesterday. I had read this one a very long time ago. It made me think about that first read. I was very young when I read it and as I was reading I thought oh wow! the time that this was written in and the verbage shoot I don't think many of the youngsters today would either be able to get a lot of comprehension or be even able to read it. I was an avid reader and read above my age level at that time but why is it that I feel that way now. Is it entirely due to our children in todays sociiety do not read as much because of tv video and games etc. ...all of the new technology. I think they are missing out on a great deal what do you think?

Krista (k_lou) | 48 comments Haven't finished, I think I've been putting it off with any excuse I can, at the moment I'm not a big fan, sometimes I just want to tell him to get on with it, it's akin to listening to someone tell a long winded overly detailed story your not overly interested in hearing while you sit there with a polite smile mentally writing out your grocery list.

Krista (k_lou) | 48 comments I found this book frustrating and to be perfectly honest, tedious. Sorry to say. I am glad I've read it as it has been floating around my house waiting to be read for years, I didn't mind the story either, I thought it would make a nice short story, he does waffle on, which is probably why it is classed as a romance, its a romance of words from the author. Took me two weeks though, and this is a short novel, but I found myself wanting to do anything but read it.