The Sneetches and Other Stories The Sneetches and Other Stories discussion

An over view of "The Sneetches"

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie Stadler Throughout Dr.Seuss’s ABC book, the eccentric use of brightly colored illustrations and rhyming literature makes it very easy for a child to recall each letter. Dr.Seuss’s brilliance on each page triggers a childs imagination to help them have a deeper understanding of the alphabet. The use of strange word combinations make it a silly yet effective way to learn.

Nicky I love reading this with my kids - they love the story and you're right like all the Dr Seus books they make learning fun, but I also like the message in the story which to my mind is 'belly stars' or not, we're all the same underneath. First schools can be places were differences are something new and I like to use this story to explain how it would feel to be the ones left out or made to feel 'different' and how silly it was to try and look the same as anyone else.

message 3: by Angie (new)

Angie Stadler Totally agree! Looking back at it, it is so easy to relate and see how the children had bullies all around, and this can totally help them cope!