Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived: BOM/SGOM > SGOM February 2015: ♥ Friends to Lovers Romance

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4356 comments Reserved.

message 3: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 Well I am going to dip my toe into the challenge waters and I have a book that appears on the "When Friends Fall in Love" list on my TBR pile:

Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore Graceling by Kristin Cashore

message 4: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I might go with one of these or something else entirely !heehee
Seducing Cinderella (Fighting for Love, #1) by Gina L. Maxwell Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #1) by Tere Michaels Painted Faces (Painted Faces, #1) by L.H. Cosway Down for the Count (Dare Me, #1) by Christine Bell Blue By You by Rachel Gibson

message 5: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1318 comments Are we reading The Newcomer this month? That would be a perfect Friends to Lovers book!

I'm going with Almost Perfect and Playing for Keeps for this month's read.

Christine (Cagnes) (cagnes) | 56 comments I think I'll go with these...
Leo (A Sign of Love) by Mia Sheridan The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred

message 7: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Anyone have any suggestions?

message 8: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Trea wrote: "Are we reading The Newcomer this month? That would be a perfect Friends to Lovers book!

I'm going with Almost Perfect and Playing for Keeps for thi..."

No we'll read that one in March . We are alternating between that series and Hell on Wheels (Black Knights Inc., #1) by Julie Ann Walker .

message 9: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1318 comments ShoSho wrote: "Trea wrote: "Are we reading The Newcomer this month? That would be a perfect Friends to Lovers book!

I'm going with Almost Perfect and [book:Playing for Keeps|1138..."

Ah! I was expecting it for next month and requested it from the library. Will have to return it and check it out again next month!

message 10: by Holli (last edited Feb 21, 2015 07:35PM) (new)

Holli | 69 comments Eee! I have books to read for this in my re-read TBR pile. (okay, I'll stop bouncing up and down before I knock the heavier items off my desk)

The Forever Kiss, Angela Knight
The Man Within, Lora Leigh 2/21/15

As a start anyway. :-D

Holli

message 11: by Oleander (new)

Oleander | 188 comments Playing for Keeps (Neighbor from Hell, #1) by R.L. Mathewson is my choice

message 12: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 512 comments I have a bunch on my radar. I'll be reading a few or more of these.

Hot Head (Head, #1) by Damon Suede Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1) by R.K. Lilley Perfection (Neighbor from Hell, #2) by R.L. Mathewson The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1) by J.A. Redmerski The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) by Jessica Sorensen Fall from India Place (On Dublin Street, #4) by Samantha Young Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling, #4) by Nalini Singh

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Davis (ginnywoolf) I'm in! I will either read "The Duke and I" and/or "Romancing Mister Bridgerton" both by Julia Quinn. I recommend "Just One of the Guys" by Kristan Higgins...That was actually my first romance novel (!).

message 14: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Jan 28, 2015 03:17PM) (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Sarah wrote: "I'm in! I will either read "The Duke and I" and/or "Romancing Mister Bridgerton" both by Julia Quinn. I recommend "Just One of the Guys" by Kristan Higgins...That was actually my first romance nove..."

I loved Just One of the Guys by Kristan Higgins great book !

message 15: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 512 comments Sarah wrote: "I'm in! I will either read "The Duke and I" and/or "Romancing Mister Bridgerton" both by Julia Quinn. I recommend "Just One of the Guys" by Kristan Higgins...That was actually my first romance nove..."

That's my favorite Kristan Higgins book!

message 16: by Ezinwanyi (last edited Feb 18, 2015 11:33AM) (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments Friends to Lovers Subgenre theme
Read 4 of 7

✓1) Home the Hard Way(Done 2/4) ★★
✓2) Mark Cooper versus America (Done 2/13) ★★★★
✓3) Rocky Mountain Heat(Done 2/15) ★★
✓4) Nothing Ventured(Done 2/18) ★
5) Gives Light
6) rock

Home the Hard Way by Z.A. Maxfield Mark Cooper versus America (Prescott College, #1) by Lisa Henry Rocky Mountain Heat (Six Pack Ranch, #1) by Vivian Arend Nothing Ventured by Jay Northcote Gives Light (Gives Light, #1) by Rose Christo rock by Anyta Sunday
(view spoiler)

message 17: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 96 comments hoping to get these few in...

Wallbanger
Lover at Last
No More Mr Nice Guy
Mine to Possess

message 18: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments Yea! Now to look through my library...

message 19: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments ShoSho wrote: "I might go with one of these or something else entirely !heehee
Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #1) by Tere Michaels for..."

Faith & fidelity is one of my favorite m-m books

message 20: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "

Faith & fidelity is one of my favorite m-m books"

It's been recommended to me more than a few times .It looks very good!

message 21: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments ShoSho wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "

It's been recommended to me more than a few times .It looks very good!"

DO NOT GET THE AUDIO. It is the worst audio production ever, Please just read it!

message 22: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "ShoSho wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "

It's been recommended to me more than a few times .It looks very good!"

DO NOT GET THE AUDIO..."

The ebook is on Scribd so ... :D

message 23: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (cleocleveland) | 458 comments I'm a little early for February but I just finished Wrecked (Barnes Brothers, #1) by Shiloh Walker which fits the theme. Truthfully, it was the cover that drew me to it (and bonus points for the cover fitting the characters) and it started a little slow for me but I really enjoyed it in the end.

Other Friends to Lovers that I really liked:

Last Night's Scandal (Carsington Brothers #5) by Loretta Chase - I love all the Carsington books
Tempting the Player (London Legends, #3) by Kat Latham - hero & heroine share custody of an adorable rescue chihuahua

message 24: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Thanks for the rec, Karen. 'Tagged' it.

message 25: by Lina (last edited Feb 01, 2015 01:52AM) (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Just saw this one Secret Seduction (Secret Series, Book #1) by Jill Sanders was free on Smashwords and I thought to myself 'Hey! I might be able to join in with this month's SGOM after all :-)

message 26: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Oh! Thanks, CaroB. That one is free on Kindle, too.

message 27: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments Well, this thread has been really quiet! Earlier this month I read Say Yes to the Marquess (Castles Ever After, #2) by Tessa Dare and The Ugly Duchess (Fairy Tales, #4) by Eloisa James . I also read Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer , which is something of a friends to lovers story in a twisted way.

message 28: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I read Sophie & Carter by Chelsea Fine , which was excellent (a short novella) and Say Yes to the Marquess (Castles Ever After, #2) by Tessa Dare , which wasn't as wonderful as I was anticipating, but still good.

message 29: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 361 comments Reading through this thread, I realized that the SFR I'm reading is both an arranged marriage and a friends to lovers trope. The protagonists are both lesser members of royal families and are to marry to cement a political alliance. One is human and the other is most definitely not. They find each other hideously ugly but are determined to make the best of the situation through kindness, acceptance, and senses of humor. Radiance (Wraith Kings, #1) by Grace Draven

message 30: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I'm In No Mood For Love (Writer Friends, #2) by Rachel Gibson - Not sure that Sebastian and Clare can be considered friends but they have known each there for ages.

message 31: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Sandra J wrote: "Reading through this thread, I realized that the SFR I'm reading is both an arranged marriage and a friends to lovers trope. The protagonists are both lesser members of royal families and are to m..."

That book is so interesting, I had to add it! Thanks

message 32: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments I just finished a horror book (Lovecroftian in style), but it had a friends to lovers aspect between the heroine and a guy who'd been hoping for her to like him for a long time: Red Equinox by Douglas Wynne

message 33: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4356 comments Lucky, Lara.

message 34: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1318 comments I'd finished The Newcomer last Saturday, which I didn't care for, and I finished a second one last night: Almost Perfect. It was a quick read, and somewhat enjoyable as well! It does have some flaws, but was well worth reading!

message 35: by Poongothai (new)

Poongothai (poongsa) | 78 comments I read Say Yes to the Marquess (Castles Ever After, #2) by Tessa Dare , a cute story though not as exciting as the first.
I also read Courting Miss Hattie by Pamela Morsi which was a wonderful read

message 36: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Oh, yes, Poongothai. Glad you liked that last one. I wondered if it would still hold up.

message 37: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 84 comments I just finished Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins , it was sweet, although it took forever to reveal their feelings for each other.

message 38: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I've heard it is really good, Elizabeth.

message 39: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 84 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "I've heard it is really good, Elizabeth."

The first time around tried the audiobook and DNFed it but now I read it and I enjoyed it.

message 40: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Ah. GTK. I won't try the audio, then.

message 41: by Anjali (last edited Feb 27, 2015 06:11PM) (new)

Anjali (anjali6678) | 112 comments I am going to copy Lisa Kay, Moderator for one book

1}Sophie Carter by Chelsea Fine ★★★27-Feb-2015
2} Mark Cooper versus America by Lisa Henry ★★25-Feb-2015
3}Ruined by a Rake by Erin Knightley ★★★27-Feb-2015
4} Wallbangerby Alice Clayton★★★★★28-Feb-2015
5} Perfectionby R.L. Mathewson...★★★★27-Feb-2015

message 42: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1318 comments I finished Playing for Keeps today and loved it! I kept my husband from sleeping this afternoon with my howls of laughter! Such an awesome book!

message 43: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments Yesterday I read The Captain's Bluestocking Mistress (The Dukes of War #2) by Erica Ridley . I liked it, but not as much as the previous book. The heroine's inner thoughts are pretty funny.

message 44: by ☘KathyD☘ (last edited Feb 27, 2015 08:15AM) (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 96 comments Friends to Lovers Romance

In Rides Trouble (Black Knights Inc., #2) by Julie Ann Walker — ★★★★★ 2/5
Love Under Siege (Brothers in Arms #2) by Samantha Kane — ★★★★ 2/9
Bound by Law (Men of Honor, #2) by S.E. Jakes — ★★★★★ 2/10
Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1) by Alice Clayton — ★★★★★ 2/13
Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling, #4) by Nalini Singh — ★★★★★ 2/18
Her Forbidden Hero (The Hero, #1) by Laura Kaye — ★★★★ 2/26

message 45: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Nicely done, Anjali, Trea, Lara, and ♥KathyD♥!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.