Bookclubbing with Holly discussion

Read-A-Thons > Read That Trilogy Read-a-thon!

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollybygollybooks) | 15 comments I have noticed that the majority of bookworms (including myself) have a bad habit of not completing trilogies! That is why I decided to create this Readathon for February! We can all get caught up with a trilogy! :D

When this is happening:
Starts: February 15 midnight in your timezone
Ends: February 19 midnight in your timezone

Rules:
1. Read a trilogy within the 5 days of the readathon!
2. Includes graphic novels or any other type of books that may be easier to read in the allotted time
3. May read first 3 books in an ongoing series if you would rather catch up with a series!

**If you do not own all of the books in a trilogy you want to read, you can always substitute the three books for any of your choosing. That way more people are able to participate!!!**

message 2: by Sanja (new)

Sanja  | 6 comments Holly wrote: "I have noticed that the majority of bookworms (including myself) have a bad habit of not completing trilogies! That is why I decided to create this Readathon for February! We can all get caught up ..."
Awesome :) another way to push me to read more :)

message 3: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (trnjoanna) Oh amazing. Thanks Holly. I think I'll read Shatter Me. I've been dying to read this series but I've never got time or I'm always reading something else.

message 4: by Luz (new)

Luz Ruybal (Luz26) | 4 comments OOOO! Great idea! I'll have to see what books I have at home and really want to read.

message 5: by Olena (new)

Olena Patsevko (deardeerdrinkduff) What about Beautiful Creatures (Darkness, Chaos) be Kami Garsia?

Victoria (thepetitebookblogger) (thepetitebookblogger) Can anyone recommend a good trilogy? thanks

message 7: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (cynthiaortiz) Sounds Great! I need to do this.

message 8: by Makayla (new)

Makayla (Allikay29) | 5 comments I might finish The Summer Trilogy by Jenny Han or start the lunar chronicles because I got the first book for only $1.99 paperback on book outlet!

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura Chartier (hellolaura45) So excited for this! I'll either be reading the Ruby Red trilogy, the Summer trilogy or the Tyrell trilogy. Depends on my mood.

message 10: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (ramblingbooks) Deidre ~Young At Heart Mom~ wrote: "I'm going to read 'The Syrena Trilogy' by Anna Banks. It's been on my TBR shelf for ages."

Deirdre I absolutely loved that series! I hope you enjoy it as well!

This is such a great idea, I have so many books/series on my shelves I'd love to get through so this is going to take some thinking about before I can choose one.

These Violent Delights (Robin) I will go for the Grisha Trilogy

message 12: by Inez (new)

Inez White (inezadeniumwhite) I am going to be reading the Lunar chronicels. I've heard such amazing things about these books that I just have to read them!

message 13: by Alreem (new)

Alreem I will read the Angelfire series, I have been wanting to read it for this month but I didn't know if I could squeeze it into my February TBR, this Read-a-thon is my chance :)

message 14: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 8 comments I think I'm actually going to read The Maze Runner trilogy! I was going to read the Matched trilogy, but I think it will be easier to get through TMR. :) excited!

message 15: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 8 comments I think I'm actually going to read The Maze Runner trilogy! I was going to read the Matched trilogy, but I think it will be easier to get through TMR. :) excited!

message 16: by Lauren (new)

message 17: by Lauren (new)

message 18: by Lauren (new)

message 19: by Lauren (new)

message 20: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 8 comments Wow sorry I just totally posted that comment like 8 times. Sorry!!

message 21: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heididrie) | 2 comments Great, I will be joining!
Already started though, 'cause I also need to work.
I'm planning on reading 'The Lunar Chronicles" by Marissa Meyer.
So: Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer , Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer & Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer

message 22: by Sanja (new)

Sanja  | 6 comments I will be reading The Parasol Protectorate by Gail Carriger mainly because they were sitting on my shelf for a while now and since I'll be getting new books that I'm going to read immediately, I decided it'll be now or very very later

message 23: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 8 comments Switched again...

message 24: by tiara (new)

tiara (tiarareads444) I'm in. Maybe I can't read LOTR trilogy by Tolkien in 5 days but I'll try to finish the first book (Fellowship of the ring) and the book I'm currently reading which is Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky. Love the idea of this read-a-thon. :)

message 25: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelhannah) | 4 comments I've already started the Monument 14 trilogy because I know 5 days won't be long enough for me to finish 3 books! I'm really enjoying it so far