The Reading Challenge Group discussion

Personal Challenges - 2015 > Deborah's personal challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 188 (188 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Pickstone | 563 comments I entered 156 when I first saw the challenge but I will say 200 books this year. I have already read over 20 but have no idea where/how to add date and book read?

message 2: by Camille (new)

Camille (camillesbookishadventures) | 812 comments If you mean add a date to a reply here, look at the little "add book/author" just above the box where you type. You can add titles, authors and book covers.
Here would be a good place to list them as it's your won personal thread.
If you mean in your books in general, go to "my books", where you'll see the list of all the books you have read. You can changed the date when you finished them by clicking on the box corresponding to "date read".
Hope it makes sense, let me know if you need more help!

message 3: by Deborah (last edited Jan 28, 2015 11:54AM) (new)

Deborah Pickstone | 563 comments thank you so much, Camilla! I kind of figured it out last night but only one date would add.....sheesh! lol

I will add them here, then....excellent plan! :)

message 5: by Camille (new)

Camille (camillesbookishadventures) | 812 comments You've read so many books already!
What did you think of "Nefertiti"?

message 6: by Deborah (last edited Jan 29, 2015 01:10PM) (new)

Deborah Pickstone | 563 comments excellent! Have also read The Heretic Queen, which follows on and it's just as good - I really rate Michelle Moran! I get really irritated by historical novelists who "write forsoothly" (Josephine Tey: A Daughter of Time). Moran, like Kate Quinn, writes as if they are having conversations you could join.

And yes....I read so fast it's annoying - as soon as I get into a good book it's over. I'm one of those 'scan' readers and yes - I do take it all in and remember the book! lol

message 7: by Overbooked ✎ (new)

Overbooked  ✎ (kiwi_fruit) | 800 comments Deborah wrote: "I read so fast it's annoying - as soon as I get into a good book it's over. I'm one of those 'scan' readers and yes - I do take it all in and remember the book! lol ..."

You are very lucky to have such a rapid speed Deborah and good luck with your challenge, you're doing such a good job that you'll reach your goal well before year's end!

Do you read according to a prepared list or are you a spontaneous reader?

message 8: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Pickstone | 563 comments I'm a magpie reader and grab whatever I like the look of - the one exception being that I HATE reading a series out of order! So.....pottering around on this site is GREAT for finding reading ideas!

February so far:

Lily of the Nile

Daughters of the Nile

Becoming Marie Antoinette

message 10: by Bella (new)

Bella | 33 comments Deborah,
I noticed you've read a bunch of Elizabeth Chadwick's books. (Which are on my TBR list.) Have you read the new William Marshal biography? Released last December. I read it last month and it was great- not dry at all. The Greatest Knight: The Remarkable Life of William Marshal, The Power Behind Five English Thrones

message 11: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Pickstone | 563 comments Thanks, Bella - I'll put it on order! :)

message 14: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 436 comments Best of luck with your reading journey

message 16: by Deborah (last edited Feb 16, 2015 01:47PM) (new)

message 19: by Bella (new)

Bella | 33 comments Was Dollface any good? I love books set in the 20's.

message 20: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Pickstone | 563 comments It was pretty good - I did enjoy it!

message 25: by Deborah (last edited Mar 18, 2015 02:48PM) (new)

Deborah Pickstone | 563 comments Lady of the Eternal City

Woohoo! got this yesterday - am down to the last 70 pages and had to come to work. Usual rollicking tale :)

The ending is a bit protracted....I think KQ was finding it hard to let go after so many books, as it seems to be the end of this series.

message 30: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 4 comments Also if you want to add a date you began and finished on your review. Click were it says write a review. You don't actually have to write a review but it has a place were you can add the dates. I'm not good at reviews I sort of just leave a little bit about the book to refresh my own mind about the book. My memory isn't that great

message 31: by Deborah (last edited Mar 29, 2015 12:46AM) (new)

message 36: by Deborah (last edited Apr 10, 2015 11:18PM) (new)

message 44: by Deborah (last edited Apr 30, 2015 01:42PM) (new)

« previous 1 3 4