Would You Buy This Book? discussion

Read This Before Posting!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (last edited Jan 29, 2015 12:03PM) (new)

Brian Foster (bwfoster78) Just started this group, so I'm still trying to get everything figured out. Check back for edits :)

Let's start a new topic for each book. Also, genre folders would be a great idea. If an existing folder works for you, use it. If not, create an appropriate one.

(EDIT: One of the members told me he couldn't add a folder. I don't know if he just couldn't figure it out, if there's a permission somewhere that I need to reset, or if it's not possible for non-moderators to create folders. If anyone knows the answer, let me know! In the meantime, let me know if you need a genre folder created.)

Very important note on taking the advice offered:

Nothing written in this group is intended to tell an author, "You should change this or this." Not even those statements that directly say, "You should change this and this."

The purpose of this group is for real consumers to give you feedback on how they're perceiving your Amazon book page. Their comments - and mine particularly - are simply an expression of personal taste.

My advice is to carefully consider each comment to determine if there's merit in doing something to address it. If yes, do something about it. If no, heed Elsa's advice and Let It Go.

Thanks.

Brian

message 2: by Shelley (new)

Shelley | 1 comments Thanks for this idea Brian. I am looking forward to it's growth. Your points are relevant and I think this will be a great tool for all authors once they discover it.

Blessings,
Shelley

message 3: by Brian (new)

Brian Foster (bwfoster78) Shelley,

Good to hear it!

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Brian

message 4: by Sylvie (last edited Jan 29, 2015 09:23AM) (new)

Sylvie | 7 comments Not quite sure how this works. I thought I posted link to my Amazon page but am not sure where it has gone. Then I tried posting a link to my latest book and I'm not sure where that is either. Never have hacked this IT business.
Do I add the Amazon link here? Or the link to my book?
Or what? Thanks.

message 5: by Brian (new)

Brian Foster (bwfoster78) Sylvie,

Since you're having issues, reply to this post with the title of the book, and I'll create a thread.

Thanks.

Brian

message 6: by Sylvie (new)

Sylvie | 7 comments Brian wrote: "Sylvie,

Since you're having issues, reply to this post with the title of the book, and I'll create a thread.

Thanks.

Brian"

Thank you Brian. The title is "It'll be Better Tomorrow" and it's an anthology of short stories celebrating advancing years (of which I have much experience!)

message 7: by Brian (new)

Brian Foster (bwfoster78) Sylvie,

Great. I'll get it posted as soon as I get back to a real computer. Some stuff is just too much of a pain on the phone.

message 8: by Sylvie (new)

Sylvie | 7 comments Brian wrote: "Sylvie,

Great. I'll get it posted as soon as I get back to a real computer. Some stuff is just too much of a pain on the phone."

Very grateful. Best, Sylvie