David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Claudia Gray
This topic is about Claudia Gray
Author Q&A > Claudia Gray Q&A (Author of A Thousand Pieces of You) Feb 9-12th

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (last edited Feb 11, 2015 07:31PM) (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
From February 9-12th, bestselling author Claudia Gray (author of A Thousand Pieces of You) will be coming to our group to answer questions about her books, her life as an author, and about anything else you all can come up with!! So get ready for the fun and start thinking of some questions to ask her!

And if you haven't checked out her books yet, I encourage you to try them! They are great reads!

A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray Evernight (Evernight, #1) by Claudia Gray Spellcaster (Spellcaster, #1) by Claudia Gray Steadfast (Spellcaster, #2) by Claudia Gray Fateful by Claudia Gray

A reminder to try to put your questions in bold so they are easy to find. Any spoiler questions must be put in spoiler tags. Thanks!

Questions:

1. Jenny--What gave you the idea for the multi-dimensional universe in A Thousand Pieces of You? Its a very original concept, I loved it!

2. Lauren--If you could come up with a soundtrack for A Thousand Pieces of You, what songs, artists, or albums would it include?

3. Karen--What is your favorite fan moment?

4. Harlee--I was wondering how much say you had in the A Thousand Pieces of You cover? It's very unique and pretty!

5. A.C.--What are your top five favorite Florence and the Machine songs?

6. Kimmy--Do you ever get writers block? If so, what do you do to offset that?

7. Yamile--how did you come up for the idea of Spellcaster?

8. FantasyAngel--Hello Ms. Gray! I was wondering who/what your inspirations were for your characters in A Thousand Pieces Of You? Were any based off of you in some way?

9. Serena--I read Evernight a few years ago and I simply loved it! I was wondering how you came up with the idea? I like the idea of secret societies and add vampires it to, it just makes it all that much better.

10. Serena-- Also, how do you get the mood right for a story?

11. Jen--What's up next for you? Any projects in the works to which we can look forward?

12. Karen--What normally surrounds you when you write?

13. Karen--What's your typical day like?

14. Ryan--Out of all of the books you have written, the Evernight series, Fateful, the Spellcaster trilogy, and this, which is your best book you have ever written and why?

15. Jenny--What YA books do you recommend deserve more hype and recognition?

16. Daniel--What do you think is the key to a really good YA science fiction/dystopia book?

17. David--Do you get the most excited about your writing at the beginning of a project, or at the end? ;)

message 2: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
Amazing!! Can't wait :)

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
This is wonderful, Jenny! You rock!! :)

message 4: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 240 comments I liked the two books I've read by her!

message 5: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Awesome Serena! Which books have you read? I've read the Evernight series, Fateful, and A Thousand Pieces of You. Haven't gotten to her Spellcaster series yet.

message 6: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) This is awesome! I can't wait!! :)

message 7: by Claire (new)

Claire | 7 comments Oh wow that's brilliant I can't wait currently have A thousand pieces of you on my tbr list.

message 8: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Perfect Rosemarie!

You guys can start asking your questions now. I'll start us off, though :)

What gave you the idea for the multi-dimensional universe in A Thousand Pieces of You? Its a very original concept, I loved it!

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire | 2047 comments Hi, Claudia! Thanks for visiting our group. I'm really looking forward to A Thousand Pieces of You - I have it on hold at my local library and I can't wait until it comes in for me!

According to your bio, I see that you have spent time as a disc jockey. If you could come up with a soundtrack for A Thousand Pieces of You, what songs, artists, or albums would it include?

Thanks again!

message 10: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

I didn't know she had been a disc jockey! How cool! Thanks for that tidbit Lauren!

Hi Claudia! Thanks so much for joining us!!

What is your favorite fan moment?

message 12: by Harlee (last edited Feb 09, 2015 08:37AM) (new)

Harlee | 1583 comments Hello Claudia!
I was wondering how much say you had in the A Thousand Pieces of You cover? It's very unique and pretty!

message 13: by A.C. (new)

A.C. Harrah | 379 comments Hi Claudia!

I noticed in your acknowledgements in A Thousand Pieces of You that you thanked Florence and the Machine for inspiration, so what I want to know is: What are your top five favorite Florence and the Machine songs?

message 14: by Kimberly (last edited Feb 09, 2015 12:01PM) (new)

Kimberly | 35 comments Hi there!! To Claudia
Do you ever get writers block? If so, what do you do to offset that?

message 15: by Yamilé Nadra (new)

Yamilé Nadra | 75 comments Hi Claudia!
Thanks for doing this Q and A with us.
I was wondering, how did you come up for the idea of Spellcaster?

message 16: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Gray | 16 comments Jenny wrote: "Perfect Rosemarie!

What gave you the idea for the multi-dimensional universe in A Thousand Pieces of You? Its a very o..."

Hi there! First of all, sorry I'm getting started a bit late; if you've been following my Twitter feed, you know I've had a very adventurous few days in terms of home repair. :/ Onto more enjoyable things --

I got the idea for the multiple dimensions while I was on a book tour that took me all over the US, along with fellow YA authors Lauren Oliver & Dan Wells. Then, immediately afterward, I flew to Australia and did a long tour there with my publicist, Jordan. This took me all over both countries, to several different climates and unfamiliar places, and it felt a bit like waking up in a new world each morning. Yet I always had constants in the people I was traveling with. Something about this struck a chord -- different worlds, same people. And it flowed from there.

message 17: by Claudia (last edited Feb 09, 2015 02:52PM) (new)

Claudia Gray | 16 comments Lauren wrote: "Hi, Claudia! Thanks for visiting our group. I'm really looking forward to A Thousand Pieces of You - I have it on hold at my local library and I can't wait until it comes in for me!

According to..."

I was indeed a disc jockey, though I need to emphasize -- I was not a club DJ or anything like that, more an announcer on the radio. "We'll be coming back to you with the newest from the Judds, after the break." (Yes, it was a country music station.)

That said, I did indeed have a writing soundtrack for ATPOY, which I listened to while I wrote it. Right now I'm not able to get in my house and review the whole playlist, but here are a bunch of the songs I remember off the top of my head:

1) "Breath of Life," Florence + The Machine
2) "The Lightning Strike," Snow Patrol
3) "Too Close," Alex Clare
4) "Once Upon a December," Sarah Morgann
5) "Problem," Natalia Kills
6) "Frosti," Bjork
7) "Echoes," Klaxons
8) "In My Life," Alison Crowe
9) "Down By The Water," PJ Harvey
10) "Two Planets," Bat for Lashes

I also listened to an album titled "Makara" by E.S. Posthumus, really dramatic instrumental music I drew from for the action scenes. Hopefully I can update this with a more complete track listing later in the Q&A!

Hope you enjoy the book. :D

message 18: by Claudia (last edited Feb 09, 2015 03:02PM) (new)

Claudia Gray | 16 comments Karen wrote: "Hi Claudia! Thanks so much for joining us!!

What is your favorite fan moment?"

Oh, gosh, I don't know if I can pick just one -- I've been so tremendously lucky. Fans have been so kind. I find myself remembering some of the lovely events I've done oversees, particularly in Bogota, Manila and Buenos Aires, but everywhere really. The photosets I see for ATPOY on Tumblr always make my day, my week, etc. (I keep hoping someone will post fanfic.) And some emails, comments and tweets have sustained me in moments when I'm feeling down. I guess the best compliment is when a reader says that a book I wrote made them want to be a writer. Very humbling, truly awesome.

message 19: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Gray | 16 comments Harlee wrote: "Hello Claudia!
I was wondering how much say you had in the A Thousand Pieces of You cover? It's very unique and pretty!"

I had no part in creating the image. My only contribution was to dig my heels in about having a cover that would communicate the idea of "different worlds." This turns out to be a difficult concept to visualize. But I knew this was a situation where a girl in a pretty dress wasn't going to cut it, you know? So I just kept arguing against cover ideas that didn't zero in on the scifi aspect of the story. When this design first emerged, it was like, yes!

message 20: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Gray | 16 comments A.C. wrote: "Hi Claudia!

I noticed in your acknowledgements in A Thousand Pieces of You that you thanked Florence and the Machine for inspiration, so what I want to know is: What are your top five favorite Flo..."

Oh, now, this is a tough one.

1) "Breath of Life," which was very much my theme song for this trilogy. I can't fully explain why, since the lyrics don't correlate to the events of the novel. But there's something about the driving intensity of it that really mirrored Marguerite's desperation and conviction, and I listened to it about three hundred times while writing the book. That is not an exaggeration. I just can't recall at the moment whether the iTunes count was at 302 or 304 when I got done.

2) "Drumming Song," and
3) "My Boy Builds Coffins" -- these two were on my writing soundtrack for BALTHAZAR. The first one seemed to get into Balthazar's instability when dealing with Charity, Redgrave and Constantia; the second -- well, I liked the irony of this for a book when the boy in question is a vampire.

4) "All This And Heaven Too," which thus far hasn't been on any writing soundtracks. But I love the joyousness in this, about how two people in love have to work to understand one another, but take delight in learning how to speak each other's emotional language.

5) "Cosmic Love," which was Nadia and Mateo's theme for my SPELLCASTER trilogy soundtracks. I think this is also the first Florence + The Machine song I ever heard, and wow, instantly hooked for life!

Speaking of which -- how long must we wait for a new Florence album? I YEARN.

message 21: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Gray | 16 comments Kimmy wrote: "Hi there!! To Claudia
Do you ever get writers block? If so, what do you do to offset that?"

I don't really believe in writer's block. As Dan Wells says, writing is the only profession where we claim we just can't do it, for some completely indescribable reason. Plumbers don't say, Nope, got plumber's block, can't fix pipes today.

IMO, what we call writer's block is usually one of three things:

1) We don't know what we want to write. For this I would suggest outlining, at least as far ahead as what you want to work on that day or that week. Or even just the scene! Once you have a game plan, it's a lot easier to get started. (And if there's nothing you want to work on write now -- look at your old idea and ask yourself how you could make it exciting/inviting/the thing you couldn't wait to get back to.( I think this helps.

2) It's not going well; the words are coming slowly; the whole process feels like hauling rocks. Honestly, I think this is natural. Just haul the rocks. I find that often, after a day or two like this, I'll look back and realize the work I've done during that time isn't half bad -- sometimes we're just not in a good place to assess/connect with our own work.

3) Burnout. I'm dealing with a bit of this right now myself. I've written something like 300,000 words in the past six months, and my brain has become very interested in sleeping and watching some movies for a while. This is my own fault for not pacing myself. Still, I'm keeping at it, albeit at a slower pace.

I hope this isn't coming across as critical or anything -- believe me, I get the frustration! But I think categorizing one or all of the above as "writer's block" mythologizes it a little bit, and turns it into something we think we can't control. There's no mystical barrier holding us back. The only way out is through, you know? Keep working, keep planning, and sooner or later, you'll be rolling forward again. I have to believe that's true.

message 22: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Gray | 16 comments Yamilé wrote: "Hi Claudia!
Thanks for doing this Q and A with us.
I was wondering, how did you come up for the idea of Spellcaster?"

Well, I wanted to write something with witches, because they have all the power. Also, there are a ton of YA books where the heroine has no idea of her power/ability, discovers it by accident, has a hot guy reveal it to her, etc. And don't get me wrong -- that's a valid story to tell, and I have enjoyed it many times. But there were just SO MANY. So I wanted to write a heroine who knew exactly what her power was, who had worked hard for it, and understood her place in the supernatural world. Nadia sprang from that.

message 23: by Angel (last edited Feb 09, 2015 04:21PM) (new)

Angel (avdreader) Hello Ms. Gray! I was wondering who/what your inspirations were for your characters in A Thousand Pieces Of You? Were any based off of you in some way?

message 24: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Gray | 16 comments FantasyAngel wrote: "Hello Ms. Gray! I was wondering who/what your inspirations were for your characters in A Thousand Pieces Of You? Were any based off of you in some way?"

Not really - except for the way in which all characters reflect *something* about the author. But no one in ATPOY is very much like me in terms of personality.

The core story for this book came together so quickly for me that it sometimes feels like I found these people rather than created them. I do know that Theo was a little mysterious to me until I realized that he's got a lot in common with young Robert Downey Jr./Tony Stark, in terms of looks/smarts/attitude. So that really made him click! Paul's personality flows from the fact that he would have been so far ahead in school -- six to eight years ahead -- and so would always have been the odd one out. That would tend to make you both very self-reliant and very awkward. Marguerite somehow has something to do with the movie "Atonement," and I cannot explain that. At all. It's not linear. Sometimes our brains form weird connections that we can't quite consciously access, you know? As for Marguerite's parents, while they aren't much like these characters, physically or otherwise, I'm sure the *idea* of two genius parents doing their scientific work at home comes from the Murrys in A WRINKLE IN TIME.

message 25: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire | 2047 comments Claudia wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Hi, Claudia! Thanks for visiting our group. I'm really looking forward to A Thousand Pieces of You - I have it on hold at my local library and I can't wait until it comes in for me..."

Thanks for answering my question. :)
That's an excellent soundtrack - Florence Welch is one of my favorites.
Nothing wrong with country - I've always enjoyed the classic stuff and even the neotraditional artists of today.

message 26: by Angel (new)

Angel (avdreader) Claudia wrote: "FantasyAngel wrote: "Hello Ms. Gray! I was wondering who/what your inspirations were for your characters in A Thousand Pieces Of You? Were any based off of you in some way?"

Not really - except fo..."

Thanks so much for answering my question! I love the idea that Theo is kind of like Tony Stark since he's my favorite Avenger so that makes it so much better! I love the other similarities as well! Thanks again!

message 27: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 240 comments Hi, Claudia!

I read Evernight a few years ago and I simply loved it! I was wondering how you came up with the idea? I like the idea of secret societies and add vampires it to, it just makes it all that much better. Also, how do you get the mood right for a story?

I know that's two questions, but I just couldn't help myself.

Thanks,
Serena

message 28: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Gray | 16 comments Serena wrote: "Hi, Claudia!

I read Evernight a few years ago and I simply loved it! I was wondering how you came up with the idea? I like the idea of secret societies and add vampires it to, it just makes it all..."

Two questions = OK by me. :D

1) The idea for EVERNIGHT probably has its roots in my romanticizing the idea of boarding school, when I was growing up. See, I went to the same school K-12; there were only 300 students, all of whom were from my same small town. I lived less than a five-minute walk away. Not a lot of novelty, and sometimes I felt like I couldn't get enough space from school emotionally or physically. So to me, the idea of a boarding school seemed tremendously romantic and interesting. (People who have attended actual boarding schools inform me this is not necessarily true.) As I've always loved all things paranormal/scifi/more interesting than reality, Evernight Academy was a pretty natural next step in my boarding-school daydreams.

You are the first person who's ever asked me about the mood of a story before, I think, and it's a good question, because IMHO it is one of the most important things to accomplish, and one of the trickiest. There isn't one way, I don't think; it's more something you have to consider throughout the writing process. For me, definitely, I sometimes want to let the characters joke around too much. Yes, humor is good, and it's often in-character, but there comes a point where the tension isn't relieved -- it's broken. And you don't want to get there. One of the ways I work on the mood of a story is by creating a soundtrack, which helps me link the emotions of the music and the book. Weirdly enough, if I can't get the soundtrack of a book quite right, I know something is wrong in my conception of the book -- something's got to change. And it's very often the mood of a specific scene or arc.

message 29: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 240 comments Claudia wrote: "Serena wrote: "Hi, Claudia!

I read Evernight a few years ago and I simply loved it! I was wondering how you came up with the idea? I like the idea of secret societies and add vampires it to, it ju..."

Thanks for answering my questions. I can relate to the school situation. I went to a school similar to yours.
I thought you got asked questions about the mood all the time. I like the idea of creating a soundtrack.

Thanks again!

message 30: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenwesner) | 1222 comments Hi Claudia - thanks so much for being here! I'm just about to start ATPOY on audio - and I'm looking so forward to it because I've only heard rave reviews. But I'm wondering - What's up next for you? Any projects in the works to which we can look forward?

message 31: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Gray | 16 comments Oh, I hope you'll enjoy the audio -- I think the reader, Tavia Gilbert, is FANTASTIC.

What's up next for me? Well, the final book in the SPELLCASTER trilogy, SORCERESS, publishes next month (!), and of course in November we have the second book in the FIREBIRD trilogy, TEN THOUSAND SKIES ABOVE YOU. (Check the cover out at my blog if you haven't seen it already: www.claudiagray.com.) And I *do* have one other YA project in the works that I'm not quite at liberty to discuss yet ... but if you follow me on Twitter/Tumblr, you'll get the info as soon as I can share it! (Honestly, I swear to God, this is *really* good.)

message 32: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Claudia wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Perfect Rosemarie!

What gave you the idea for the multi-dimensional universe in A Thousand Pieces of You..."

WOW, that's really cool! You have a great imagination :)

Oh and Lauren Oliver and Dan Wells?? Eeek! I can just imagine the intellectual debate and chats between the three of you! (Unless you were all too tired) :)

message 33: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Claudia wrote: "Harlee wrote: "Hello Claudia!
I was wondering how much say you had in the A Thousand Pieces of You cover? It's very unique and pretty!"

I had no part in creating the image. My only contribution..."

I'm SO GLAD you fought for a good cover. I LOVE that cover, as an artist I was really drawn to it! And after reading it, the cover represents the book WONDERFULLY.

message 34: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Gray | 16 comments Jenny wrote: "Claudia wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Perfect Rosemarie!

What gave you the idea for the multi-dimensional universe in A Thousa..."

If by "intellectual debate" you mean "sitting in a diner until midnight discussing serial killers," yes, that's how it went!

message 35: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

HAHA! Oh I would have loved to been a fly on the wall!

Dan Wells, Lauren Oliver and Claudia Gray in a diner discussing serial killers. Sounds like an intriguing book! ;)

What normally surrounds you when you write?

What's your typical day like?

message 38: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Bada (ryanbada) So I'm actually reading A Thousand Pieces of You right now because of the cover reveal of Ten Thousand Skies Above You. So my question is:Out of all of the books you have written, the Evernight series, Fateful, the Spellcaster trilogy, and this, which is your best book you have ever written and why?

message 39: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

What YA books do you recommend deserve more hype and recognition?

message 40: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 1925 comments Hi Claudia!
What do you think is the key to a really good YA science fiction/dystopia book?

message 41: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Gray | 16 comments Ryan wrote: "So I'm actually reading A Thousand Pieces of You right now because of the cover reveal of Ten Thousand Skies Above You. So my question is:Out of all of the books you have written, the Evernight ser..."

I think I'm supposed to struggle with this question, but I'll be totally honest: It's definitely A THOUSAND PIECES OF YOU. Sometimes a story hits you and you just fall so madly in love with it -- and this was that one. I suspect it shows in the book; certainly the reader reactions suggest that they see it too. This makes me truly happy.

message 42: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Claudia wrote: "Ryan wrote: "So I'm actually reading A Thousand Pieces of You right now because of the cover reveal of Ten Thousand Skies Above You. So my question is:Out of all of the books you have written, the ..."

Thanks for spending some of your valuable time with us, Claudia! I totally get that, and it's the best feeling in the world! My question is:

Do you get the most excited about your writing at the beginning of a project, or at the end? ;)

message 43: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Gray | 16 comments Karen wrote: "What normally surrounds you when you write?

What's your typical day like? "

What normally surrounds me when I write: my laptop (a must), some kind of beverage (tea, Coke Zero, or late in the evening, wine), and my dog, who likes to snuggle next to my leg while I work. Somehow or other I try to have my book soundtrack playing, though that might be through my sound system, on headphones, an audio deck, etc, depending on where precisely I am.

In all honesty, I have no typical day. There are days I'm up at 8 to lift weights, writing all afternoon and going out all night. There are days when I crawl out of bed at 11, run errands in the afternoon and write until 2 in the morning. Right now it's Carnival here in New Orleans, so a long chat with my agent and publicist is about to be followed by my going to a parade. Anything can happen!

message 44: by Claudia (last edited Feb 11, 2015 02:55PM) (new)

Claudia Gray | 16 comments Jenny wrote: "What YA books do you recommend deserve more hype and recognition?"

Gosh, I could name so many. But here are a few I really enjoyed that don't seem to get the love they deserve:

1) FAKE ID by Lamar Giles (though he just got nominated for an Edgar, so maybe the world is catching on to this book at last!) It tells the story of a kid who's in the witness protection program because of his father -- and dad still can't quite bring himself to leave his criminal life behind.

2) COLD KISS by Amy Garvey. For those of you who will still give paranormal a chance! The heroine has brought her late boyfriend back from the dead -- but he's not quite the person he was before. It's tremendously moving, and uses its paranormal elements to illuminate the process of loss and recovery.

3) STEALING HEAVEN by Elizabeth Scott, who has written a few books that have received plenty of love, like LIVING DEAD GIRL. But this one is one of her lesser-read novels, which mystifies me, because I find it delightful. The heroine is a lifelong thief, thanks to her mother pulling her into the criminal world. But then she meets a guy who's trying to solve the local thefts -- and everything gets more complicated.

4) FLYGIRL by Sherri L. Smith. This story of a female aviator in WWII should appeal to anyone who enjoyed CODE NAME VERITY, and it has an added element of depth/suspense -- the heroine is an African-American girl "passing" for white in order to serve her country, and trying to deal with the divide between her life at home and her life as a pilot.

5) GOOD GIRLS by Laura Ruby, which is very sexually explicit for a YA book, but never gratuitously. The heroine hooks up with the guy she likes at a party - and someone sneaks in, takes a photo, and emails it to EVERYONE. Not just other classmates, but also teachers and even her parents. The fallout shows how much we judge teenage girls for having sex, or even wanting sex, and really delves into the heroine's awakening. Her courage in dealing with those who would condemn her is fabulous.

And I'd better stop there, or I could go on forever!

message 45: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Gray | 16 comments Daniel wrote: "Hi Claudia!
What do you think is the key to a really good YA science fiction/dystopia book? "

Dystopia is something I feel less qualified to speak to, because I've never written a dystopian novel, and even though I am a huge HUNGER GAMES fangirl, I haven't actually read that much of the genre. For me, I know, I have to find the future world plausible. Too many of them are built on a central idea that would simply never come to pass -- you know, the people who like red live over THERE and the people who like blue live over HERE, etc. Whereas as fantastical as the Hunger Games are, we know from history that human beings will sometimes make others fight to the death for their amusement. This really happens, dark and twisted as it is, so we believe it in this new context.

As for science fiction - well, here I have the opposite problem, where I love the genre so much that I tend to feel like ANY concept can work if it's written well. For me, at least, this is true. I guess the core of scifi is that it must open up new possibilities, and those possibilities have to be exciting. (Exciting in a good or a bad way -- or both.) If you're not charged up about imagining the possibilities posed by the scifi concept of a book, you're probably not enjoying it.

message 46: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Gray | 16 comments David wrote: "Claudia wrote: "Ryan wrote: "So I'm actually reading A Thousand Pieces of You right now because of the cover reveal of Ten Thousand Skies Above You. So my question is:Out of all of the books you ha..."

Honestly, I love the beginning AND the ending. It's the middle part that makes you want to scream!

message 47: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Hey everyone! Sorry I'm posting this a bit late today, but today is the LAST DAY to get your questions in!

Thanks so much, Claudia, for coming to our group and chatting, answering questions, and just generally being awesome!

message 48: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Thanks Claudia, this has been AWESOME!!

message 49: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Claudia wrote: "Jenny wrote: "What YA books do you recommend deserve more hype and recognition?"

Gosh, I could name so many. But here are a few I really enjoyed that don't seem to get the love they deserve:

1) ..."

Fake I.D. has been on my TBR, I might have to bump it up! I'm not sure I've heard of any of the others, I'll have to check them out! Thanks :)

This has been such a wonderful Q&A! Thanks so much, Claudia!! :)