Queen Maas' Assassins discussion

TOG: Characters' Fates > Sam Cortland ~ Character Fate

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ilreleonewikia (new)

Ilreleonewikia | 4 comments Baby please come back here! We need you!

message 2: by Lois (new)

Lois I love Sam so much! *cry* :'(

message 3: by Aasha (new)

Aasha Ramlal My name is Sam Cortland and i will not be afraid....
Me: Dies.

message 4: by KritikaB (new)

KritikaB | 10 comments So heart broken when he's gone.....

message 5: by Ilreleonewikia (new)

Ilreleonewikia | 4 comments Evry moment in HoF when Sam was mentioned .... i can't breathe.

message 6: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (jabberwockyslayer) | 171 comments ^^^^

Team Sam Forever

message 7: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (jabberwockyslayer) | 171 comments I can't even handle all of my feelings regarding Sam.

message 8: by Zuzi (new)

Zuzi | 30 comments yeah i felt like they are quite similar too:)

message 9: by Abbey (new)

Abbey (ash12) | 52 comments I love sam and i hated it when he died cos of what celaena did after
she can never love again like she loved sam

message 10: by H. (new)

H. Santiago | 1 comments Whenever I read ToG and she mentioned Sam I would get really sad, even before I read assassins blade. So then when I finally did read assassins blade, I knew he was going to die so I didn't really....hmm like...try to love him as much and then when he did die, I was still sad although a big portion of it was based on celaena and her reaction to it. I just wish I could have loved him more as a character (not that I don't of course)

message 11: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey Gallups | 15 comments Like the bickering celeana has between them both is so similar. Idk I just wish Sam would come back

message 12: by KritikaB (new)

KritikaB | 10 comments I would be so very happy if Sam get resurrected. I agree that Chaol is kind of similar to Sam but, I feel that Sam would be able to accept Celeana/Aelin for who she really is.

message 13: by Ale (new)

Ale (bookishunicorn) Yeah, but i think it'll be pointless if he is brought back. She has changed and nothing can guarantee it'll be the same between them again... I don't know, everything is as it has to be and he unfortunately died, but the memory is still there so...

message 14: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 83 comments I've seen comments on tumblr and I was just like "people really REALLY like Sam!!" I have yet to read Assassins Blade. I've seen some theory's on tumblr about Sam so here I go on trying to sum them up (only 2 so far)

1.)The monster thing in the Catacombs in CoM
One theory I really liked was that since (sorry bout this) Sam was killed so violently that you could barely see him. The monster thing was disformed and weird. The creator of the theory (I forgot) said that maybe Sam is that monster. The creator also stated that, "The creature had something familiar about it"

2.) (This on left me up at night. It's for true Chaol and Dorian haters)
This one I found kinda funny!! Aelin finds SAMs body after years of his death. She makes a giant fire and makes CHAOL AND DORIAN SACRIFICES TO THE GODS FOR SAM TO COME BACK ALIVE!!!!! The creator of the theory said that both Dorian and Chaol have traits that match Sams. If both Chaol and Dorian were sacrificed then Sam would return.

3.) (I know I said 2 but this is my personal theory)
I think that in one of the books, The king should resurrect Sam but it won't exact be Sam. He would kinda be zombie like in a way. Aelin would would be so happy to see that Sam is alive and she would not think before running and embracing him. Zombie, demon Sam will pull out a sword and almost stab her. Chaol/Dorian/Rowan/Aedion would yell that he's about to stab her she would eventually have to kill him. Sam would be saying come on Celaena you love me don't you I really miss you! Just one stab and I'll be with you forever! You'd like that won't you? She would think about which would be better life or Sam and happiness. Eventually she would kill him. Kinda a boss battle XD She would be in tears and be really hurt once she kills him and whoever she's with will keep telling her "he wasn't real that wasn't real Sam!!"

Teen wolf Fans would understand that New Sam would act like Void Stiles!

message 15: by Lexie (new)

Lexie I like that third theory that would be cool.

message 16: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rjscottie) | 13 comments Sam. Next to Celaena, he's my favorite character.

message 17: by Amethyst (new)

Amethyst (theamyst) | 1 comments Sam is AMAZING. Before I read the Assassin's Blade, I totally shipped Celaena and Dorian, but then I read Assassin's Blade, and WOW. I am ENVIOUS of Celaena (yeah, I get crushes on book characters A LOT) Sam is just... he's perf.

message 18: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Agreed. Sam was just amazing.

message 19: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Sunga (amelsunga) | 17 comments What if Sam comes back as a Valg? Highly unlikely, but. Just what if.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I would love Sam to come back, but not as a zombie or Valg. Because then he'd be evil and SJM would just have to kill him all over again. Which would tear me to pieces...all over again.

imashamedofmyoldreviews (pleasedontjudgeme_ichanged) I just hope he'll come back soon or that he'll come back, period! Maybe if Aelin could get all the 3 Wyrdkeys and open a portal to get him back along with Nehemia, Sorscha and Lyria. That would be DOWNRIGHT EPIC!

message 22: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilreviews) | 9 comments Watch the SJM interview with Sasha Alsberg. There is a part where Sarah talks about Sam... And how he is not ever coming back

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Hannah wrote: "I've seen comments on tumblr and I was just like "people really REALLY like Sam!!" I have yet to read Assassins Blade. I've seen some theory's on tumblr about Sam so here I go on trying to sum them..."

I like that idea... I will cry. But I love it.

message 24: by chloe (new)

chloe  (chloesworld) Didn't SJM say that Sam is 100% dead? I mean it would be awesome if he came back but it would probably mess with my rowaelin

message 25: by Lexie (new)

Lexie I prefer Sam over Rowan. But as someone said before, Sam was probably perfect for Celaena, not Aelin. If he really did come back, so much has changed, and maybe they wouldn't go as well together with how Aelin has turned out now.

message 26: by Tristen (new)

Tristen (bo0kenthusiast) | 731 comments ^^^Yup

Plus it would just be kind of awkward because Aelin has already accepted that he is dead and there was that whole grave scene and yeah.....

message 27: by Chloe (new)

Chloe | 58 comments Well Sam is dead so you can't actually predict his fate. But if he get resurrected or something (which I really doubt) it'll ruin Rowan and Aelin (which I hope will happen).
TEAM DORIAN FOREVER!!!!!

message 28: by Chloe (new)

Chloe | 58 comments Tristen wrote: "^^^Yup

Plus it would just be kind of awkward because Aelin has already accepted that he is dead and there was that whole grave scene and yeah....."

true that

message 29: by daniela (new)

daniela | 14 comments or you know instead of the novella we could just have him come back in the new TOG or whatever, that would make me super happy, team sam!! (even though hes dead)

message 30: by Bella (new)

Bella | 53 comments Team sam all the way ;-;

message 31: by Tristen (last edited Dec 11, 2016 01:37PM) (new)

Tristen (bo0kenthusiast) | 731 comments Eluciya wrote: "While I would love it if Sam came back to life, it would be really awkward between Sam, Aelin/ Celaena and Rowan"

Totally.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I miss Sam. I love him

♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥ (judeduartegreenbriar) | 6 comments Danielle's Reading wrote: "I miss Sam. I love him"

I know! He was amazing in The Assassin's Blade.

message 34: by Feyre✧・゚: (new)

Feyre✧・゚: (illyrianfemale) | 8 comments no.
no.
no.
why. did. this. have. to. happen.
I AM HALF DEAD AND WILL NEVER LIVE AGAIN. WHY DID SAM HAVE TO DIE????

message 35: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 30 comments I miss Sam so so so so much. Every time I hear his name I cry. He's just perfect. He's so kind and compassionate. I like him more than Rowan because of that. Celaena obviously loved him so much.