Genre Specific Review Groups discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Genre Review Groups > Romance Review Group (finished)

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brandy (last edited Jan 30, 2015 08:28AM) (new)

Brandy | 64 comments This is the romance review group, which will include all types of novels classified as romance (i.e. paranormal romance, etc). As with other review groups, you will be expected to read and give an honest review of the book assigned to you. Assignments will be made after the group sign-up has filled.

Participants are expected to post reviews to Goodreads. If the review is positive (three stars or higher on Amazon), the review should be posted to Amazon as well, if the book is available there. This makes having accounts with both Goodreads and Amazon.com a requirement. The author and reviewer can discuss other sites to post reviews as well -- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, etc.

This topic will be updated with the list of authors as they sign up with their names and Goodreads links to their books. First come; first serve. This is an authors only peer review group.

If a reviewer and the author agree that the review should not be posted to Goodreads due to quality issues, the reviewer is relieved of the requirement of posting the review. If this occurs in the first round, the second reviewer is relieved of the requirement to read and review the book. This is entirely at the discretion of the reviewer and is not intended in any way to manipulate the rating of any book.

Please post to this topic, both when you receive review copies and when you post the reviews.

If you are going to be late with your review, either post to this topic as soon as possible or message the author and the moderator.

If your book has not been reviewed by the deadline for either round, contact the review group moderator. This is necessary to make certain that the review process is fair for everyone.

1. Michelle Abbott Just Stay
2. Vanya D. Soundings: Water Elemental
3. M.C. Heartburn: The Dream
4. Brian O'Hare Fallen Men
5. Charlotte Cyprus Kiss of The Fey
6. Taylor Lavati A Reliant Love

Round 1 (1/30/15-3/30/15):
Michelle reads M.C.
Vanya reads Taylor
M. C. reads Brian
Brian reads Michelle
Charlotte reads Vanya
Taylor reads Charlotte

Round 2 (3/30/15-5/30/15):
Michelle reads Charlotte
Vanya reads Michelle
M.C. reads Vanya
Brian reads Taylor
Charlotte reads Brian
Taylor reads M.C.

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelleabbott) | 4 comments Would love my NA contemporary romance, Just Stay, to be included Just Stay by Michelle Abbott

message 3: by Vanya D. (new)

Vanya D.  (vanya_drum) | 2 comments Hi, I would love to enroll Soundings Water Elemental by Janine Donoho . It releases on Feb. 27th so I'd like reviews to be posted on or around that date. Thanks!

message 4: by M.c. (last edited Jan 27, 2015 07:46AM) (new)

M.c. Hekim | 4 comments Hi. I'd like to submit my time travel romance novel (80,000 words). It can be downloaded for free at http://goo.gl/opjSr4

Thank you.

message 5: by Brian (last edited Jan 27, 2015 01:54PM) (new)

Brian O'Hare (brianohare26hotmailcouk) | 100 comments Normally I would push my mystery novel but I think I will give my 'contemporary' romance a go. Please include
Fallen Men by Brian O'Hare https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 6: by Samantha (new)

Samantha March (SamanthaMarch) | 1 comments I would love to submit the paranormal romance novel Ruby's Letters!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 7: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Cyprus (charlottecyprus) | 6 comments I'd like to submit my fantasy/romance novel Kiss of the Fey Kiss of The Fey by Charlotte Cyprus

message 8: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Lavati (taylor_lavati) | 12 comments I would love to submit my NA dark romance A Reliant Love. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 9: by Brandy (last edited Jan 29, 2015 07:02AM) (new)

Brandy | 64 comments Thank you everyone! We have reached six and I will post the reading schedule soon.

message 10: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Cyprus (charlottecyprus) | 6 comments I have received Soundings: Water Elemental and begun reading.

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelleabbott) | 4 comments I've downloaded Heartburn: The Dream and will begin reading soon.

message 12: by Brian (last edited Feb 02, 2015 03:36AM) (new)

Brian O'Hare (brianohare26hotmailcouk) | 100 comments Have just purchased my two books (A Reliant Love by Taylor Lavati and Just Stay by Michele Abbott). Have a couple of promised reviews to write but I hope to read and review both of these books very soon.

Note to M.C and Charlotte: You're in for the shock of your lives...in the opening pages...but please stick with it. It does get better.

message 13: by Maren (new)

Maren McCaffrey (we2sisters) | 3 comments Chasing Shadows I would love to both review and be reviewed! You can see my reviews on my goodreads profile if you would like to get to know my style!

message 14: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 64 comments The groups are closed for this round as we already have six. Please feel free to sign up when we open the next round. Thank you!

message 15: by Brian (new)

Brian O'Hare (brianohare26hotmailcouk) | 100 comments Note to Michele.

Loved Just Stay. Have posted review on Goodreads, (although there are loads there already) and on Amazon.com where you also have over 40 reviews. But my review might have more impact on Amazon.co.uk where there are currently only three reviews.

message 16: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelleabbott) | 4 comments Brian, thanks so much for such a fantastic review. You made my day :-)

message 17: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Lavati (taylor_lavati) | 12 comments My Review for Kiss of Fey
http://www.amazon.com/review/R39VKD4Y...

message 18: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Cyprus (charlottecyprus) | 6 comments I posted the review for Surroundings: Water Elemental on Amazon, Goodreads, and Amazon.uk.

message 19: by Vanya D. (new)

Vanya D.  (vanya_drum) | 2 comments Thanks Charlotte!

message 20: by Brian (last edited Mar 01, 2015 04:42AM) (new)

Brian O'Hare (brianohare26hotmailcouk) | 100 comments Hi, Taylor. I have posted my review of A Reliant Love on Amazon.com; Amazon.co.uk; and Gooodreads.

message 21: by Ica (new)

Ica Iova | 85 comments Hi, I would like to become part of the group. My book is a romantic comedy - Let It Snow.

message 22: by Ica (new)

Ica Iova | 85 comments I'm new to the group and wasn't sure if I could post two books in the same post so here is another Contemporary Romance - Boundaries. I'd love to read and review any type of romance.

message 23: by Brian (new)

Brian O'Hare (brianohare26hotmailcouk) | 100 comments Hi Ica,

It's not my place to respond to your query, I think, but if you look at the rules above you'll see, regrettably, that entries for this particular review group closed on Feb. 10th. But keep your eyes on Goodreads; genre specific review groups are opening up all the time.

message 24: by Ica (new)

Ica Iova | 85 comments Thanks Brian. I'm still finding my ways around here, but luckily I got here just on time.

message 25: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 64 comments Brian's right. Thanks so much for the interest but this round is close for now. But please join us for the next round.

message 26: by Brian (new)

Brian O'Hare (brianohare26hotmailcouk) | 100 comments Hi Brandy,

I purchased and reviewed both of the books assigned to me several weeks ago. The deadline for review one has come and gone. Disappointed that no has reviewed my book.

message 27: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 64 comments I will follow up with your reviewers to see what is going on. Thanks for letting me know.

message 28: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Cyprus (charlottecyprus) | 6 comments Brian, even though the deadline for the second round hasn't passed I do want to assure you that I will be reading your book. I'm in my last semester in college so it is taking some time, but it will be done by the deadline!

message 29: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 64 comments Thank you Charlotte!

message 30: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Wright (imahappywriter) | 1 comments Hello!
Hi new friends! I am the EIC of Pen Name Publishing and French Press Bookworks and I'm here to help some of my authors get reviews for their new books.

This title releases today, 4-7-2015. More information can be found at http://www.frenchpressbookworks.com/w...

We are looking for readers/reviewers for Ayesha L. Shoulders' new title, When Love's Knot Enough. When Love's Knot Enough

message 31: by Brian (new)

Brian O'Hare (brianohare26hotmailcouk) | 100 comments Thank you, Charlotte. I knew from your earlier email that you would deliver. Sorry for sounding as if I was criticising you. Please take all the time you need.

message 32: by S.C. (new)

S.C. Ellington | 1 comments HI--I am requesting reviewers for my two currently published novels, as well as my upcoming release. ARCs are sent directly to Kindle's via Kindle email addresses.

All my novels are new adult "steamy" contemporary romances. Unsettled/Surrounded were re-edited as of April 2015. I would love to have my books read by your group.

If interested, please email author@scellington.com

Thanks

message 33: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Cyprus (charlottecyprus) | 6 comments I posted my review of Fallen Men on here and Amazon.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.