Shut Up & Read discussion

Past-Read It & Reap Books > {Read It & Reap 376} Bathory's Secret by Romina Nicolaides

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Leigh | 15450 comments Mod
What is Read It & Reap?

Our Read It & Reap program is designed with authors in mind. Our goal is to help indie and self-published authors promote their books. If you are signing up to review Please Remember you have 3 weeks to read and review and post the links to your review on this page! For more information about RI&R and our Rules & Requirements click here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/7...

Please note: Failure to comply with Read It and Reap rules regarding reviews will result in members being added to the "banned from RI&R" list.

Title: Bathory's Secret

Author: Romina Nicolaides

Genre: Fantasy/Historical Vampire Fiction

: Formats Available: Mobi, Pdf

Pages: 252

Synopsis:

The year is 1609 and fourteen year old Kati lives a quiet rural existence with her mother in the outskirts of Csejthe Castle in Hungary, the home of the powerful Countess Erzsébet Báthory.
After a malaria epidemic has killed off most of Báthory’s staff, the Countess personally shows up at Kati’s house offering her a job at the castle. Kati is happy to go if it’ll help her mother break out of poverty and drive away the debt collectors left behind by her father’s untimely death, despite the rumors that surround the noble woman and her fortress.
Once at the castle, the Countess ensures that Kati is illiterate before giving her the task of binding a series of centuries old secret notebooks which hide a blood soaked and violent history.
As the months progress Kati discovers that her new mistress is fearsome, cruel and dangerous, but she is unable to leave the castle without fear of retribution. She realizes that her only hope of understanding and escaping the Countess hides within the journals she is unable to read.
When one of the Countess’s students, a young girl from a wealthy family brought to the castle for lessons in nobility and etiquette, volunteers to teach Kati how to read, the maid cannot believe her luck and dedicates herself to learning this new skill. The two girls become friends and soon enough Kati learns how to read. When Erzsébet leaves for Vienna during Easter, leaving Kati to finish the endless task of binding, she seizes the opportunity to read the Countess’s journals and is inadvertently thrust into a world she could never have imagined. Finding herself in a desperate situation she must now uncover the secret behind the Countess’s erratic behavior by studying the journals and stop her before it’s too late for her and everyone she loves.

The first 15 people to sign up leaving their email address, format they require will receive this free ebook for review

Review Due Date: February 17, 2015

message 2: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (last edited Feb 24, 2015 01:09PM) (new)

Reviewers:
1.Holly Cara- hollycara@gmail.com -mobi
2.Boba- bobaboba1980@gmail.com -mobi
3.Maryann- azmtns@gmail.com -pdf
4.Nicole- Nikkikearn@gmail.com -pdf
5.Usagi6661- palomisshadows@gmail.com -pdf
6.Deanna- ldsbunny1@yahoo.com -pdf
7.Jenny- jennyfalcone2009@hotmail.com -mobi
8.Demonkittie (Amy)- mydemonkittie@gmail.com -mobi
9.Alyssia
10.Sarah- cat2002116@yahoo.com -mobi
11.Carina- vixie1989@gmail.com -pdf

message 3: by Holly Cara (new)

Holly Cara Price (holly_cara_price) hollycara@gmail.com

message 4: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Holly Cara wrote: "hollycara@gmail.com"

What format do you need? Mobi or pdf

message 5: by Holly Cara (new)

Holly Cara Price (holly_cara_price) either one works for me. thanks!

message 6: by Paloma. (new)

Paloma. (hecate98) palomisshadows@gmail.com

message 7: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Usagi6661 wrote: "palomisshadows@gmail.com"

message 8: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Holly, I added you.

message 9: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Abbo (abbobooks) | 45 comments bobaboba1980@gmail.com
epub,mobi, pdf

message 10: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Boba wrote: "bobaboba1980@gmail.com
epub,mobi, pdf"

I have added you.

message 11: by Maryann (new)

Maryann | 74 comments I would like to review please! azmtns@gmail.com pdf

message 12: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Maryann wrote: "I would like to review please! azmtns@gmail.com pdf"

I have added you.

message 13: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 78 comments Nikkikearn@gmail.com - Whatever works on my nexsus - thank you!

message 14: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Nicole, I added you.

message 15: by Paloma. (new)

Paloma. (hecate98) Leigh wrote: "Usagi6661 wrote: "palomisshadows@gmail.com"

What format do you need? Mobi or pdf"

pdf ^^

message 16: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (deannalaw) | 2 comments I would love to review this, been waiting for this one! In pdf please!

ldsbunny1@yahoo.com

message 17: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

I have added everyone.

message 18: by Hopeless (new)

Hopeless Sky  (hopelessgirl) | 10 comments hilaryalisonswift@gmail.com

message 19: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Bassima wrote: "hilaryalisonswift@gmail.com"

message 20: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Falcone (jennyfalcone2009) | 25 comments jennyfalcone2009@hotmail.com mobi please

message 21: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Jenny wrote: "jennyfalcone2009@hotmail.com mobi please"

I added you.

message 22: by S.J. (last edited Jan 29, 2015 05:03AM) (new)

S.J. Abbo (abbobooks) | 45 comments Leigh wrote: "Boba wrote: "bobaboba1980@gmail.com
epub,mobi, pdf"

I have added you."

message 23: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Abbo (abbobooks) | 45 comments Boba wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Boba wrote: "bobaboba1980@gmail.com
epub,mobi, pdf"

I have added you.""

my link text

message 24: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Boba, thank you for your review. I have posted your link. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 25: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Falcone (jennyfalcone2009) | 25 comments Leigh wrote: "Jenny wrote: "jennyfalcone2009@hotmail.com mobi please"

I added you."

Thank you for adding me Leigh. I am very sorry, but I can not get the mobi file to open on my kindle or my computer even though I have a reader for mobi files. Would I be able to get the pdf version?

message 26: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Jenny wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Jenny wrote: "jennyfalcone2009@hotmail.com mobi please"

I added you."

Thank you for adding me Leigh. I am very sorry, but I can not get the mobi file to open on my kindle or my comp..."

No problem. I will send it to you.

message 27: by Amy (DemonKittie) (last edited Jan 30, 2015 06:29PM) (new)

Amy (DemonKittie) (demonkittie) | 502 comments I would love to review this if I could. mydemonkittie@gmail.com mobi is preferred.

message 28: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Demonkittie (Amy) wrote: "I would love to review this if I could. mydemonkittie@gmail.com mobi is preferred."

I have added you.

message 29: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (deannalaw) | 2 comments Thank you for graciously allowing me to read this book. Here is a link to my review on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2GCKYJ4...

message 30: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Deanna wrote: "Thank you for graciously allowing me to read this book. Here is a link to my review on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2GCKYJ4......"

Thank you for your review.

message 31: by Lys (new)

Lys (lysrowan) If it's not too late, I wouldn't mind reading this one, since there are still slots open :)

message 32: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Alyssia wrote: "If it's not too late, I wouldn't mind reading this one, since there are still slots open :)"

I will add you.

message 33: by Sarah-Jayne (new)

Sarah-Jayne Briggs | 184 comments I would really like to read this book, if possible, please? Mobi format and my e-mail address is cat2002116@yahoo.com.

Thank you.

Sarah

message 34: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Sarah wrote: "I would really like to read this book, if possible, please? Mobi format and my e-mail address is cat2002116@yahoo.com.

Thank you.

Sarah"

I added you.

message 35: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Falcone (jennyfalcone2009) | 25 comments I hope I did this right. Here is my review link from amazon
http://www.amazon.com/review/R3C9D5K6...

message 36: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Jenny wrote: "I hope I did this right. Here is my review link from amazon
http://www.amazon.com/review/R3C9D5K6..."

Yes, you did. Thank you for your review.

message 37: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Falcone (jennyfalcone2009) | 25 comments Leigh wrote: "Jenny wrote: "I hope I did this right. Here is my review link from amazon

Yes, you did. Thank you for your review."

Leigh, do you post my review under the book or do I copy from amazon and paste it myself?

message 38: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Jenny wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Jenny wrote: "I hope I did this right. Here is my review link from amazon

Leigh, do you post m..."

You have to do it. Did you mark the book as read and rate it? Copy and paste your review on the book site.

message 39: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Falcone (jennyfalcone2009) | 25 comments Leigh wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Jenny wrote: "I hope I did this right. Here is my review link from amazon

Leigh,..."

thank you. I will do that now.

message 40: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Jenny wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Jenny wrote: "I hope I did this right. Here is my review link from amazon

Yes, you did. Thank you for your re..."

Thank you.

message 41: by Sarah-Jayne (new)

Sarah-Jayne Briggs | 184 comments I've just finished reading this book and here are the links to my review:

Goodreads

Amazon UK

Amazon US

My Blog

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the book on Barnes and Noble.

Thank you for the opportunity to read this.

message 42: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Sarah, thank you for your review.

message 43: by Romina (new)

Romina Nicolaides (ronicolaides) | 4 comments Thanks for taking part everyone! :)

message 44: by Maryann (new)

Maryann | 74 comments I'm sorry my review is late!! Here it is:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I also posted on Amazon! Thank you for the book!

message 45: by Carina (new)

Carina | 262 comments Leigh - I just noticed there were spaces left on this one. If the author is still amenable I'd like to review this - should be able to have a review up by the end of next week...

message 46: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Maryann wrote: "I'm sorry my review is late!! Here it is:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I also posted on Amazon! Thank you for the book!"

Thank you for your review.

message 47: by Romina (new)

Romina Nicolaides (ronicolaides) | 4 comments Carina wrote: "Leigh - I just noticed there were spaces left on this one. If the author is still amenable I'd like to review this - should be able to have a review up by the end of next week..."

Sure thing Carina, I don't mind so long as it's a sterling review ;)

message 48: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Carina wrote: "Leigh - I just noticed there were spaces left on this one. If the author is still amenable I'd like to review this - should be able to have a review up by the end of next week..."

What is your email address and format you need? Mobi or PDF?

message 49: by Carina (new)

Carina | 262 comments Hi Leigh,

PDF please - vixie1989@gmail.com

Romina - I don't promise anything but this does seem to cover my favourite genre so you never know ;)

message 50: by Romina (new)

Romina Nicolaides (ronicolaides) | 4 comments I've sent it to you just now :)

« previous 1