Bookentine Readathon discussion

Introduce Yourself?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelleellengrace) I probably should have started this thread sooner but didn't even think about it.
This is so all you lovely people can talk to eachother and see what book's each of us will be reading all sorts of stuff like that.
I'm Michelle, I'm 20, I have a booktube channel that has introduced me to so many people and is also the reason this readathon even exists. The last book I read was The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel and I am currently reading World After by Susan EE

message 2: by Ely (new)

Ely (earlgreybooks) I was literally about to start this thread, Michelle.

So hi everyone! I'm Ely (pronounced like Ellie), I'm 19 from Australia. I have a blog and a booktube and I'll be doing updates on both throughout the readathon, as well as on here and Twitter.

The last book I finished was I Was Here by Gayle Forman and I'm currently reading Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and Frankenstein (for class.)

I've been subscribing to everyone's channels, or at least the ones I can find. If I haven't subscribed to you, then feel free to leave your channel below and I will!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, I'm Elin and will attend this read a thon. I planned to read a lot of books. Updates throughout this will either happen on my blog (http://elinsliteraryworld.blogspot.no/) or twitter (@MsFoshaug). Looking forward to this read a thon :)

message 4: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Tom (laurelotom) Hi, my name is Lori and I have a blog temporarily called Lori Writes A Blog (thatloricanales.wordpress.com). I do not booktube yet, but I might start by the time this read-a-thon comes along, if I can pluck up the courage!

The last book I read was Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyeyemi and I am currently reading The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan.

I'll add as many of the channels as I find as well. Always interested in discovering new channels :)

message 5: by Ely (new)

Ely (earlgreybooks) Welcome Elin and Lori! Can't wait to see what you're picking up for the readathon :)

Alex (Pucksandpaperbacks) (pucksandpaperbacks) Hi! My name is Alyssa, I blog and make Booktube videos. I've been looking for something like this, I'm so excited!!!

The last book I read was Every Day by David Levithan. Currently reading, This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Thropper.

I am a HUGE Contemporary lover!

youtube.com/pucksandpaperbacks
pucksandpaperbacks.wordpress.com

message 7: by Jemma (new)

Jemma (Aussie BookWorm) (jemmaaussiebookworm) | 1 comments Hey there, I am really hoping to be able to do this readathon!!! :D

My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9An...

message 8: by Ely (new)

Ely (earlgreybooks) Welcome Alyssa and Jemma!

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2 comments Hi!! My name is Michelle, I just started a booktube channel about a month ago and this is the first readathon that I'll be kind of updating on youtube & I'm really excited about it.

The last book that I read was The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and I am currently reading reading Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine.

I am not a huge contemporary fan so I will appreciate suggestions at any time!(:

message 10: by Ely (new)

Ely (earlgreybooks) Welcome Michelle! So glad you're participating :)

Recommendation wise.Well, here are some of my favourites...

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell Solitaire by Alice Oseman The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson The DUFF Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1) by Maureen Johnson

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelleellengrace) Hi everyone so lovely to meet you all thankyou for participating it's great making all these connections and bonding over books.

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelleellengrace) Michelle I can confirm of the books I've read that Ely has suggested they are a great place to start.
I would also suggest : Adorkable by Sarra Manning and The Distance Between Us by Kasie West

message 13: by Erika (new)

Erika | 6 comments Hi! I'm Erika! I've recently become addicted to watching booktube and picking up new suggestions. I blog about my adventures in baking and devour books as much as I can. The last book I read was Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris and I'm currently reading Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris.
Excited for the readathon!

message 14: by Katelynne (new)

Katelynne (k_char) Hi, I'm Kate, 29 and from Canada. I don't booktube or blog but I found this through Booktubers and figured I'd give it a shot. Going to try to hit all the challenges but will try to wrap them into 3 books only due to time constraints!

I mostly read contemporary this will just be a fun way to knock off a couple more off my list and count towards my reading challenge for the year!

message 15: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1 comments Hi everyone! I'm Sam, I'm 28, currently residing in British Columbia and excited to get back into reading after quite a dry spell in 2014. I've been doing good so far this year and I'm happy to be a part of this read-a-thon. If anyone has any suggestions of books that take place in Canada I'd appreciate it! ^_^

message 16: by Katelynne (new)

Katelynne (k_char) Samantha wrote: "Hi everyone! I'm Sam, I'm 28, currently residing in British Columbia and excited to get back into reading after quite a dry spell in 2014. I've been doing good so far this year and I'm happy to be ..."

Hey Samantha! Some Canadian Contemporary! I have stolen most from the Canada Reads challenges by CBC because they usually pick some great ones. I haven't read all of them but here's a random list!

The Cure For Death By Lightning - not my fave but great reviews!, some questionable stuff goes on, so that's my warning
King Leary
Ru
Il pleuvait des oiseaux - There's an english translation, I haven't read this one.
No Great Mischief
The Blind Assassin
The Book of Negroes - Loved this, may be too long for a week!
Larry's Party
Lullabies for Little Criminals
A Complicated Kindness
Mercy Among the Children
Fruit: A Novel About a Boy and His Nipples
The Fat Woman Next Door Is Pregnant
Fall on Your Knees
The Jade Peony
Nikolski
Half Blood Blues
Annabel

ooo I found some to add to my list too!

message 17: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Rudnick (sherrisue76) | 1 comments Hi my name is Sherri, I'm 38 but really feel like I'm in my twenties. I live in Pennsylvania in the US but would rather live in the warmer climate of Florida or California! My goal is to work in a library or bookstore. Besides goodreads, I have a blogger page, The Passionate Book Lover and am trying to get up the nerve to start booktubing. I'm a little on the shy side about doing it. Here is my list that are all on Scribd:
Rumor Has It by Jill Mansell
It Had To Be You by Susan E. Phillips
The Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux
Sex, Lies, & Online Dating by Rachel Gibson
Summer at Willow Lake by Susan Wiggs
Millie's Fling by Jill Mansell
The Sunflower by Richard Paul Evans

message 18: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 4 comments Hi my name is Kelsey and I live in Oregon. I'm 32 almost 33. I am married with a 15 month old girl. I love reading and hope to read three books for this challenge. I work full time from home so my time is limited. But here are the books I plan to read: To All The Boys I've Loved Before, Looking for Alaska and I'll Give You The Sun. This will be my first read-a-thon so I'm pretty excited I found this group.

Ulrica Lejbro (vastmanbok) | 11 comments Hi,
I'm Ulrica. I'm 40 and the mother of two children 3 and 6 years old and I read when ever they give me a chance ;)
I have a book blog (in Swedish)
http://vastmanbok.blogspot.se/

Looking forward to this Bookentine Readaton - I just have to figure out what books to choose ...

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelleellengrace) Welcome everyone, its so good to meet you all and I hope you all have great fun getting through some of your contemporaries this week and just have fun reading in general. So happy you are all doing this!

message 21: by Gem (new)

Gem (thornyew5531) Hi everyone, I'm Gemma. This is my first readathon and I can't wait to get started.

message 22: by Minttu (new)

Minttu (menthae) | 3 comments Hi there! Minttu from Finland joining in. I'm a single mom of two. Now studying to become a chef. Food is my great love story, food and books :) still working on my TBR list.

message 23: by Tat (new)

Tat (readandrun) Hi! I'm Tanya. I'm a 24-year-old graduate student and I run a book blog called Read. Run. Study. (http://readrunstudy.wordpress.com/). I love read-a-thons and am currently on a contemporary kick, so this event is perfect for me.

I'm planning to read The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks, Every Day by David Levithan, and maybe Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin.