Book Trailers - Check Them Out! discussion

No Dogs in Philly: A Lovecraftian Cyberpunk Noir (Special Sin #1)
This topic is about No Dogs in Philly
Science Fiction > No Dogs in Philly (it's a tad creepy)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andy (new) - added it

Andy Futuro My humble addition. iMovie and Logic Pro.

http://youtu.be/u5c3-jNJXKk

message 2: by Andy (new) - added it

Andy Futuro Also, there's a giveaway until 1/31/2015.

message 3: by Ronel (new)

Ronel van Tonder (ronelvantonder) | 3 comments I liked the sounds and the images, but there wasn't anything about the book. At the end of the trailer, I knew the book would be creepy and that's it. In fact, it seems more of a horror than a sci-fi.

IMHO :)

message 4: by David (last edited Jul 21, 2016 06:07AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

David Bennett | 1 comments From the far horizons of the unknown, comes this transcribed tale of a dystopic future roaming with zombies, or Elzi as they are described in the text. Not unlike the disaffected we have living on the streets in any Philadelphian city in this common era.
I love the way the author describes a workplace lockout where workers are protesting "Why is the building closed? Why can't we get to work and trundle in our sad, sad lives?".
She clearly demonstrates an understanding of class polarization between the Gaespora and Elzi as told through the eyes of a private investigator by the name of Saru, who is just a little fashion conscious, but heroic none the less.
Similarly as described in the abstract, she is on a mission to find a blue eyed girl who could just save the world, but in a funny imaginative way.
Will she take the ten million fat bucks, or will the heart pounding adventure be enough?
Personally I would collect the bounty in a sequel. (Spoiler alert)!