OTAKU: Anime, Manga & Cosplay! discussion

Anime > Currently Watching

Comments Showing 1-50 of 289 (289 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Marie (naturechild02) | 287 comments Mod
What are you watching right now?

message 2: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (cybador) It's not anime, but I WAS watching WWE Raw tonight before I found out the show was just going to be clips of last night's Royal Rumble. There's a huge blizzard in the northeast (where Raw was scheduled to take place) and traffic and air travel have both been disabled, making an episode of the show impossible.

message 3: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

We're in the middle of Season 2 of InuYasha. I've seen the entire series before, just rewatching it with the kids now.
Surprisingly, my 6 year old with the super short attention span loves it!

message 4: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (cybador) Did you have to tell your daughter to "sit"? Hehe!

message 5: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Oswarii!

message 6: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

I just hate that we're watching it dubbed. I can't stand their voices!

message 7: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (cybador) It would be alright if someone like Steven Blum was doing the voice work. He and Scott McNeil are my favorites.

message 8: by Kageyama (new)

Kageyama Tobio (kageyamatobio) | 13 comments Currently (trying to) watch:
Sword Art Online 2 or Gun Gale Online
Death Note

I waited for SAO 2 to finish airing before I started, although I was hesitant since I didn't like the first season. Especially not the second half.

I always felt out of the loop for Death Note since I was like the only one who hasn't watched it... I always wanted to watch it, but newer anime or anime with my preferences always got me sidetracked.

As for the (trying to) part that I added... What can I say? School really is screwing it up for me.

Also, I am currently watching Kuroko no Basuke Season 3 and Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-Bu Love as it currently airs.

message 9: by Kamiko (new)

Kamiko (kamiko1108) | 39 comments I just finished Kaichou wa Maid-sama.

message 10: by Michelle Von (new)

Michelle Von  (catsandfantasy) | 0 comments Just finished watching every Hetalia episode ever last night, and just got into Kamisama Kiss the other day as well [which is really cute!] :)

message 11: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Kamiko wrote: "I just finished Kaichou wa Maid-sama."

Love that series and the manga!

message 12: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Michelle E. wrote: "Just finished watching every Hetalia episode ever last night, and just got into Kamisama Kiss the other day as well [which is really cute!] :)"

Hetalia is on my list of stuff to watch this year.

message 13: by Michelle Von (new)

Michelle Von  (catsandfantasy) | 0 comments @Marie:

Hetalia is awesome! The stereotypes are a bit heavy-handed sometimes, but it's pretty funny for the most part. It's awesome, for me, to see how Prussia is portrayed in Hetalia, since I'm of Prussian heritage and Prussia seems to get overlooked a lot in general (and "Prussia" is just plain funny!). :]

message 14: by Katie (new)

Katie (sfladreaming) | 14 comments I most recently finished Freezing, I loved it! Not sure what to move onto next. I have seen AOT, SAO 1 & 2, Soul Eater, Romeo + Juliet, some OHSHC, some Rosario + Vampire, & some Free. Suggestions????? :)

message 15: by Katie (new)

Katie (sfladreaming) | 14 comments Nishinoya wrote: "Currently (trying to) watch:
Death Note

I waited for SAO 2 to finish airing before I started, although I was hesitant since I didn't like the first season. Es..."

I know what you mean, my son keeps telling me I need to watch Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood but there are too many others that I WANT to watch so I haven't gotten to it. He also wonders why I haven't watched any more Fairy Tale other than what he started me on. I probably saw the first dozen episodes & love it! However, I am intimidated by how many episodes there are!!!! I think the longest anime I have seen so far is Soul Eater. He is just about caught up with One Piece but those long running series make me hesitate! Lol

message 16: by Katie (new)

Katie (sfladreaming) | 14 comments By the way, I CANNOT WAIT to watch Seraph of the End!!! Have read all the manga thus far. ;)

message 17: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Season 3 of Inuyasha now and they put Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood back on Netflix so the kids and I can finish watching it too!

message 18: by Ebony (new)

Ebony (ebbie_magic) | 1 comments season two of once upon a time.....

message 19: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

We're still on Season 2 as well. Love Once Upon A Time!

message 20: by Michelle Von (new)

Michelle Von  (catsandfantasy) | 0 comments Watching Death Parade, Kamisama Kiss season 2, Tokyo Ravens and Assassination Classroom (all dubbed, so I'm a bit behind on them all because fewer dubbed episodes have been released of them so far), as well as Karneval (better than I was expecting) and Space Dandy ( kinda meh, but can't. stop. watching!).

message 21: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

I kinda wanted to see Space Dandy though I'm super picky about space anime.

message 22: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

I've never seen D. Gray Man. Just another one I haven't gotten around to yet.

message 23: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

You're more into shoujo, right?

message 24: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

I can think of a few off the top of my head.
Anything Hayao Miyazaki.
The Vision of Escaflowne
Angel Beats
Clannad and Clannad After Story
Sekirei
Fruits Basket (of course)
Love Hina
Black Butler

That's all I can think of right now as far as shoujo. I know I've seen plenty more but I tend to watch more comedies, action, horror and sci-fi than high school dramas.

message 25: by Michelle Von (new)

Michelle Von  (catsandfantasy) | 0 comments Pretear was a pretty cute shoujo. It's one of my faves. D.Gray-man (manga and anime) is incomplete, but it's a decent anime, and the manga is my most favorite ever.

message 26: by Kamiko (new)

Kamiko (kamiko1108) | 39 comments Anyone recommend some good anime/manga?

message 27: by Kamiko (new)

Kamiko (kamiko1108) | 39 comments Thanks!

message 28: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Kamiko wrote: "Anyone recommend some good anime/manga?"

Give me a genre, I'll give you awesomeness.

message 29: by Kamiko (new)

Kamiko (kamiko1108) | 39 comments Anything that's like Fairy Tail, Kaichou wa Maid-sama.

So I have pretty mixed feelings. Fantasy, action, a little bit of romance, I guess...

message 30: by Michelle Von (new)

Michelle Von  (catsandfantasy) | 0 comments I love Kamisama Kiss!♥♥♥ I'm currently watching season 2 dub. Can't wait until Monday for S2:E2!!!!

@Kamiko: Some of my fave anime are
♡Psycho-Pass
♡Kamisama Kiss
♡D.Gray-man
♡Shiki
♡Legend of the Legendary Heroes
♡Hetalia
♡K
♡Pretear
♡Laughing Under the Clouds
♡Death Parade
♡Black Butler
I feel like I'm forgetting some... ;-D

message 31: by Kamiko (new)

Kamiko (kamiko1108) | 39 comments Thanks!

message 32: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Kamiko wrote: "Anything that's like Fairy Tail, Kaichou wa Maid-sama.

So I have pretty mixed feelings. Fantasy, action, a little bit of romance, I guess..."

I definitely agree with Michelle about Black Butler, I loved it!
Let's see, fantasy, action and some romance. I can think of a few. Pretty much all the ones I said up in message 27.

I'd also include:
Inuyasha
Naruto
The Slayers (Including Next and Try, haven't seen the newer series yet)
.Hack//Sign
G Gundam
Tales of the Abyss (Also a kick-ass video game)
Blood +
DN Angel
Rurouni Kenshin
Earth Girl Arjuna
Ah My Goddess (I've only seen the OVAs and movie but I hear the series is good too.)
Soul Eater

That's all I can think of right now in that general genre. Now if you want some ideas on more hardcore action/drama/horror or sci-fi, I definitely can think of a lot more!

message 33: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

avidreader81 wrote: "Yes, I love it!"

I thought of another I watched not too long ago called Heaven's Lost Property. It was cute!

message 34: by Michelle Von (new)

Michelle Von  (catsandfantasy) | 0 comments I also reccomend Ghost Hunt. It took me a few episodes to get into it, but Ghost Hunt, Black Butler and D.Gray-man were really the first three anime that got me hooked on the whole thing :)

message 35: by Kamiko (new)

Kamiko (kamiko1108) | 39 comments Thanks, I really appreciate all your suggestions!

message 36: by Michelle Von (new)

Michelle Von  (catsandfantasy) | 0 comments Happy to do it :P

message 37: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Garrison wrote: "It's not anime, but I WAS watching WWE Raw tonight before I found out the show was just going to be clips of last night's Royal Rumble. There's a huge blizzard in the northeast (where Raw was sched..."

If you want a horror anime that will knock you on your booty, check out Elfen Lied. Awesomesauce.

message 38: by Kageyama (new)

Kageyama Tobio (kageyamatobio) | 13 comments Katie wrote: "Nishinoya wrote: "Currently (trying to) watch:
Death Note

I waited for SAO 2 to finish airing before I started, although I was hesitant since I didn't like th..."

I must agree with your son that you need to watch FMAB, but I understand the conflict of having other anime to watch; it's like we mentally choose the more efficient one: if I can watch 3 anime series that total to 60 episodes combined, why watch only 1 anime series yet still watch the same amount of episodes.
The longest series I am watching is Cased Closed, but I am so behind.

message 39: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

I'm so behind on Naruto Shipuuden. Ridiculously so.

message 40: by Kamiko (new)

Kamiko (kamiko1108) | 39 comments I'm reading Special A

message 41: by Kamiko (new)

Kamiko (kamiko1108) | 39 comments Just finished. I loved it! It was really what I was looking for, and it was similar to Kaichou wa Maid-sama.

message 42: by Haley (new)

Haley | 6 comments Yona of the Dawn. There's only 22 episodes out, but there'll be more coming soon! It's like some jacked up love pentagon, but it's good!

message 43: by Michelle Von (new)

Michelle Von  (catsandfantasy) | 0 comments Watched the movies in the Eden of the East series this past week (The King of Eden and Paradise Lost). The final movie was a total cop-out; in the end, it basically just undid what the TV show and King of Eden accomplished, and the world went back to what it was doing before. It made me sad because I really liked the TV show portion of the series.

The third anime movie I watched in the past week was King of Thorn, a horror movie. Not good. Interesting concept on one hand, but I was left with some major questions that ruined it for me :-/ Plus, I just kinda found it more depressing than scary. The hprror anime Ghost hunt was creepy fun; this one, not so much.

message 44: by Haley (new)

Haley | 6 comments *Wines* Ohhh!! The site that I was watching Yona of the Dawn on makes you be a premium member to watch the last episode!! NO! You don't do that to people! You just don't!

message 45: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Haley wrote: "*Wines* Ohhh!! The site that I was watching Yona of the Dawn on makes you be a premium member to watch the last episode!! NO! You don't do that to people! You just don't!"

Oh man, that sucks!!

message 46: by Haley (new)

Haley | 6 comments I watched it. And all I'm gonna say is if you don't want to be left at the worst possible cliff hanger, wait for the next season to come out.

message 47: by Kamiko (new)

Kamiko (kamiko1108) | 39 comments I have a question to anyone who's read/watched these three.

Naruto or Fullmetal Alchemist?

Then whichever one you like better vs. One Piece

message 48: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

Depends on exactly what you're looking for. Naruto is more family oriented, with some slap-stick comedy and action.
Fullmetal Alchemist has some comedy but is much more serious and thought provoking. More adult themes.
Honestly, I like both pretty equally.

Never watched One Piece. I have a cousin who loves it but it just never drew me in.

message 49: by Kamiko (new)

Kamiko (kamiko1108) | 39 comments I want to choose one, since the number of episodes are pretty daunting, except for FMA

message 50: by Marie, otakuqueen (new)

There is a lot of filler in the original Naruto series. You can probably look up which episodes to skip though.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6