Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

Twitter Tips > Your experience with twitter & tweet services?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Mortensen (kirsten_mortensen) | 6 comments Hi, all,

I am writing a book on indie book marketing, and one of the chapters will be on Twitter.

I'm looking for authors who have used Twitter who are willing to be share their experiences for the book. You can be quoted by name or remain anonymous, whatever you prefer.

I'm particularly interested in talking to authors who have used tweet services.

Anyone whose contribution I use will receive a free e-copy of the book when it is out.

If you'd like to know more, please email me or leave a comment. Thank you!

message 2: by Dennis (new)

Dennis II (dennisnappiii) | 8 comments Hi Kirsten, I'll be happy to contribute.

message 3: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Mortensen (kirsten_mortensen) | 6 comments Excellent, Dennis, thank you!

message 4: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) I used to just use Facebook and decided to make a Twitter feeling it would help me and I have to say it has. Though lately I feel as though I've lacked when it comes to posting relevant information it's good to at least be on there and tweet what's on your mind to let people know your active on it. I've also found retweeting is a common practice and I do it because if I find something useful I share it but at the same time I want people to know I'm interested in it.

I haven't got the whole lists idea down on Twitter, not really sure how that works but when it comes to basic tweeting and engaging with other authors on there I've found it very useful and given today's society it's almost a must have.

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex Morritt (alexmorritt) | 1 comments Hi Kirsten,

I have recently found Twitter to be useful for building a following for my latest book - a short story collection entitled Impromptu Scribe - that in just a few months has attracted a respectable number of relevant and genuine followers i.e. not just bought lists of fans.

Here is the link http://www.twitter.com/ImpromptuScribe

I think you pretty much get out of Twitter what you put into it.

In the past, with two previous publications of mine, the number of relevant Twitter followers took much longer to build, but that was probably due to my spending less time following other relevant people.

The use of relevant hashtags in your tweets is also paramount to ensure maximum retweets.

Hope that helps as an example for your new book.

Best, Alex

message 6: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) I feel I've reached a bit of a breakthrough with Twitter. I have a decent amount of followers, I tweet informative and valuable content, I get a decent amount of feedback, I take part in Twitter chats and I use everything I can associated with Twitter to the best of my ability. I feel if you keep taking part in chats and stay fairly active on there the only way to go is up and your results will show.

Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Impromptu Scribe (other topics)