Keeper of the Lost Cities (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #1) Keeper of the Lost Cities discussion

Sophie's Ships

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alana H In your opinion, who is a better match for Sophie? (Dex, Fitz, or Keefe)
*Whispers* Team Dex all the wayyyy....

message 2: by Mackenzie (last edited Apr 07, 2015 11:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mackenzie KEEFE FOREVER
Well, Fitz too actually.

PinkPepper KEEFE & FITZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL the WAY

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Keefe and DEX DEX DEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 5: by Abi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abi Dex, Keefe or Fitz... I can't pick!!!!!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I love them all too!

Brooke Nobody wrote: "Keefe and DEX DEX DEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..."

My opinion exactly. :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

:D

YEPPPP

Sage Flinn I think that she will and should pick Fitz, but if I was her I'd SO chose Keefe. I like Dex and I think he's sweet but he strikes me as more of a best friend not boy friend. Team Fitz! ;)

message 10: by Ruby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ruby Dex or Keefe DEFINITELY

Fitz just.....mmph. In this book, anyway, I have yet to read bk 2 (but I'm getting it in less than a week!!!!!)

message 11: by Grace (new) - added it

Grace  Wright Sophie and Dex, then maybe Sophie and Fitz.

message 12: by Nadia (new) - added it

Nadia Mazonson Sophie and Keefe, because Dex is her cousin (it doesn't matter who her genetic parents are, she's still related to him), and because Fitz is way too perfect and not developed enough. And because they actually have chemistry. Team Foster-Keefe!!

*Amelia* The first book is sadly lacking in Fitz, I agree.
But he gets more development later guys, don't worry!

message 14: by Lynn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn Shook Keeeeeeeeeeefeeeeeee toooootaaaaalllllyyyyy
Keefe keefe keefe keefe

Chloe keeeeeeeeeeeefe maybe fitz but not Dex he is more of a best friends

message 16: by Oj.Miller (new) - added it

Oj.Miller Fitz he cares for sophie

message 17: by Lynn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn Shook Tam or Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeefe!!! i feel like it would be sweet if tam has more layers than his stern personality! but mainly i am
TEAM FOSTER KeEEeeeeeeEEEEEEFe all the way!!!'

AllyCatt OMG pay attention people! Keefe totally hits on her the whole time and she hits back! In books 4,5,6 they totally realize each others feelings. Plus, Dex is a BEST friend not a BOYfriend, and Fitz is still cute,(DUH) and there is a slim chance, but I think there's no spark. TEAM FOSTERKEEFE FOREVER!!!!!!! sorry needed to fangirl!

Mocha Lattè HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one says Fitz is not as cute if not cuter with Sophie than Keefe is. PLUS FITZ HAS NOT LEFT SOPHIE TO GO JOIN THE OPPOSITE SIDE, LIED TO HER, AND COMPLETELY MAKE SOPHIE CRY, MISTRUST, AND HATE HIM. IN SOME BOOKS IT IS HINTED AT THAT FITZ LIKE, LIKES SOPHIE, WHO BY THE WAY LIKE, LIKES HIM BACK. I MEAN SHE TRUSTS THE FLIPPING DUDE ENOUGH FOR HIM TO BE HER COGNATE, CALLED HALFWAY ACROSS THE WORLD WITH HER MIND TO GET HIM TO COME SAVE HER (WHICH HE DID), AND SHE EVEN KEPT HIS SECRET ABOUT MR. SNUGGLES. IF THIS IS NOT SUFFICIENT PROOF THAT FITZIE IS THE BEST SHIP TO SHIP REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE AND I WILL GIVE YOU MORE PROOF.

message 20: by Kim (new)

Kim Nguyen Erm... I like either Fitz or Keefe it’s hard to chose one ;-; I still don’t know what to decide but.................. I think the books are leaning over to Keefe so I’m trying my hardest to not choose Keefe but he’s like... really cheesy. And then there is Fitz obviously wayyyyyyyy too perfect for his on good but I’m only on book four ;).

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Sophie should be with Keefe.
#TEAM FOSTER-KEEFE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 22: by Kasey (last edited Oct 16, 2018 01:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kasey Thacker I think its going to be Sophie/Keefe. He's got a lot more character development and screen time then Fitz overall. I think at some point Fitz is going to confess to her and they'll kiss... only for Sophie not to feel any spark between them.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grace AGREED!!!!!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Kasey wrote: "I think its going to be Sophie/Keefe. He's got a lot more character development and screen time then Fitz overall. I think at some point Fitz is going to confess to her and they'll kiss... only for..."

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Team Sophie/Dex for me too. My favorite ships are always the characters who are best friends so naturally I love the Sophie/Dex pairing and even though I know Sophie/Fitz are going to end up as a couple I’ll still always want Sophie/Dex! I’ve only read the first book so far but I look forward to seeing how their friendship grows and develops over the course of the series.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

HAVE YOU NOT READ THE BOOKS PEOPLE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

message 28: by Mia (new)

Mia Love this series!! Absolute favvvv.

So... the whole ship issue.

I agree that she is obviously going to pick Fitz, but I would totally pick Keefe. He just reads boyfriend to me. Dex is best as her best friend!

Avocado Keefe and Sophie! Or Fitz and Sophie

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Not SoFitz.

Sasha Dex was my favorite at first, but unfortunately that's not gonna happen :( they should even stop calling him the best friend at this point since he's barely in the books

I think Sophie will end up with Keefe, but I don't think she should. I think they have such a great friendship and they wouldn't be good with anything more. However, she and Fitz have always had more of a romantic connection imo, and there is less friendship to lose with them together.

Sasha I have so much more to rant ab with this, but just all in all, I think she will end up with Keefe, but I am kind of dreading it. I am getting tired of all his "you are going to hate me". He cares SO much about her, and almost seems too good for Sophie at this point.
Anyway, I guess we will see!!

Sasha Sage wrote: "I think that she will and should pick Fitz, but if I was her I'd SO chose Keefe. I like Dex and I think he's sweet but he strikes me as more of a best friend not boy friend. Team Fitz! ;)"

accurate

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

In book one I shipped Dexphie.

In book two I shipped Sokeefe.

In book three I shipped Fitzphie.

Now I’m reading book five and I just can’t decide!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

RIGHT

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

??????

Neeraja Honestly, at first I thought Fitz would be a better fit but

***SPOILER ALERT!!!***

after the last book, I felt like their relationship was failing when they decided to be together. So now, I go for KEEFE!!!

Maddie FITZ AND SOPHIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maddie soooofiitttzzz

message 40: by Biana (new)

Biana  Vacker Callie wrote: "Uhhhh
KEEFE!"

Yeah me too!!!

Maddie uhh no

Maddie booo sokeefe

message 43: by Biana (new)

Biana  Vacker Sophitz? Even after Legacy?

Sokeefe2019 This is like super far off but I kind of ship Sophie and tam because he just seems like super nice to her. Idk :) but I’m like more than 50 percent sokeefe obviously hahah

message 45: by Biana (new)

Biana  Vacker Does Tam really like her? I thought he liked Bianna.

message 46: by Biana (new)

Biana  Vacker Kasey wrote: "I think it's going to be Sophie/Keefe. He's got a lot more character development and screen time then Fitz overall. I think at some point Fitz is going to confess to her and they'll kiss... only for..."

OH MY GOD!! I totally agree!!

Nathalooloo Why does Sophie have to make this so hard!!! I have no clue who to pick! Though I have to admit, who doesn't love an extremely powerful girl (the most) who is always is in the middle of exiting and almost always confidential adventures?
(I have to go with... Fitz... Though Dex comes next.)

message 48: by Yuliana (new) - added it

Yuliana SPOILER WARNINGS UP UNTIL LEGACY

I once read a comment where a person described the relationship between Sophie + Fitz and Sophie + Keefe like this: Fitz is the guy that Sophie likes in her head but that in her heart she likes Keefe. I think that's a very accurate description of her relationship with the two. To anyone who's been reading my comments throughout the other Keefe vs Fitz chat/thread (and i was one of the OG people there haha), you'd know that I'm a strong Sophie + Keefe supporter. However, I too had a lot of hope for Dex (in the first two books), then Fitz (third and fourth, maybe fifth book), until I ultimately decided that Keefe was the best option for Sophie.

Let's be honest, Shannon Messenger didn't really give the Dex + Sophie ship a chance to float, what with their kiss being "dry and non-passionate" and then the whole "Sophie is adopted by a couple that is somewhat related to Dex's family".

I thought Fitzphie had potential UNTIL Exile, when we saw Fitz's anger issues + how he really just blamed everything on Sophie and she. took. the. blame. Is that what a strong couple should do? Sure, he apologized later but who was the one who told Fitz to apologize? Who was the one that supported Sophie during that time? KEEFE.

In certain aspects, Fitz is even LESS mature than Keefe. Every time Sophie doesn't want to open up to Fitz about something, he thinks she's hiding crucial info from him or that she doesn't trust him or that she doesn't like him, while usually she's not mentally prepared to open up and share what's bothering her. Keefe, on the other hand, understands Sophie's need to have some privacy as he himself struggles to expose his personal struggles. Therefore, when he opens up to Sophie, we all see the vulnerable side of him, which shows just how much he trusts and respects her.

In fact, in one of the short stories set before the beginning of Flashback, this exchange happens between Keefe and Ro:

"I'm not sabotaging anything! Sophie's not some prize that Fitz and I get to fight over. She's a person. And she has her own feelings — and no one knows those feelings better than I do!" Ro blinked, and he realized he'd shouted that super loud... Keefe's hands curled into fists, and he sucked in a deep, slow breath before he said, "I'm going to the tribunal. Because two of my friends are going to be there. And they're going to need me. You can whine about it all you want..."

TLDR: While Fitz could have been an amazing partner for Sophie, recent events in Exile and Legacy invalidate him, for me. Keefe is more emotionally in-tune to Sophie, which makes him the better option for her.

Anyways, if you got to the end of this comment, woohoo! I'm glad you read this whole rant. Let me know y'all's thoughts.