Staunton Public Library discussion

group > TAB

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayla, The overseeer (new)

Kayla (kaylawhata) | 55 comments A reminder that there will be no TAB next Monday (the 16th) because the library will be closed for President's Day! Our next TAB meeting will be on March 2nd.

message 2: by Kayla, The overseeer (new)

Kayla (kaylawhata) | 55 comments Spring calendar has already been sent to the printer. Below is the Teen portion:

Teen Tech Week: Mozilla Webmaker Tools with Melissa Techman
Thursday, March 12th at 6:30 pm in the 2nd Floor Meeting Room
Try Mozilla’s Thimble tool to remix an existing website and learn a little HTML in the process! We’ll provide the computers and two templates: a mini poster (bring an idea for a favorite book, song, movie, etc.), and an online flipping postcard. Limited to first fifteen participants; sign up at the Reference Desk.

Poetry workshop with Furious Flower Poetry Center
Thursday, April 16th at 6:30pm in the Ground Floor Programming Room
April is National Poetry Month! Come learn about and create your own sonnets with Elizabeth Hoover, assistant director of the Furious Flower Poetry Center at James Madison University.

Spy Training Academy
Thursday, May 14th at 6:30 pm (begins in 2nd Floor Meeting Room)
Do you have what it takes to become a spy? Test your skills at our training academy program.

Regular Programs
Teens & Tweens Book Group.
4th Thursdays at 7:00 pm in the YA area on the 1st floor.
Meet others who like to read and love to talk about their books! Refreshments will be served.
• March 26th: “Technology: A Novel Discussion.” Come ready to discuss your favorite technology inspired book.
• April 23rd: Poetry Month. Bring in your favorite poem to read and discuss.
• May 28th: Do you prefer James Bond or the Gallagher Girls? Bring your favorite spy thriller to share.

Teen Advisory Board (TAB).
1st and 3rd Mondays at 4:00 pm in the 2nd floor Board Room.
TAB is a great way for teens or tweens to volunteer at the Library while meeting new friends. TAB helps with teen programs, chooses materials for the Young Adult (YA) department, assists with Library projects, and more. You can find applications on our website or at the reference desk. This quarter we will meet on 3/2, 3/16, 4/6, 4/20, 5/4, 5/18.

message 3: by Riven, Co-Moderator (new)

Riven (ravenismaven) | 63 comments Do we need to set up anything for the 3D Industry thing?

message 4: by Kayla, The overseeer (new)

Kayla (kaylawhata) | 55 comments Thanks for asking! Alex is probably coming in around 5 tomorrow. He will be bringing his own equipment and at most we might move a table around. If you want to come early, feel free but I think we can manage if not. Hope we get a crowd and that the cold temps don't keep people away!

message 5: by Kayla, The overseeer (new)

Kayla (kaylawhata) | 55 comments We had about 26 people show up! I was pleasantly surprised. I sent out fliers to the Staunton City Schools and about half the kids there were from Shelburne according to a teacher who also attended.

message 6: by Frances, Co-Moderator (new)

Frances (frankie1199) | 28 comments Hey, I just got an email that my first cross country practice starts at 3:30 so I will not be able to tag books tomorrow. That's probably going to be a regular practice time so I will try to figure out another time that will work.
Frances

message 7: by Kayla, The overseeer (new)

Kayla (kaylawhata) | 55 comments Nova wrote: "Hey, I just got an email that my first cross country practice starts at 3:30 so I will not be able to tag books tomorrow. That's probably going to be a regular practice time so I will try to figure..."

Thanks for letting me know! Once you figure out a good time let me know so I can inform Eileen. She's trying to keep a schedule of when we can expect people.

message 8: by Frances, Co-Moderator (new)

Frances (frankie1199) | 28 comments Hey,

I was wondering, I have $1.20 in fines right now, and I thought I wasn't getting any.

Thanks,
Frances

message 9: by Kayla, The overseeer (new)

Kayla (kaylawhata) | 55 comments Frances wrote: "Hey,

I was wondering, I have $1.20 in fines right now, and I thought I wasn't getting any.

Thanks,
Frances"

I waived the fine. You still have a Volunteer account, so I will look into our settings to make sure that card type is still set up to not have fines. Thanks for letting me know!

message 10: by Frances, Co-Moderator (new)

Frances (frankie1199) | 28 comments Thank you so much!