What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Girl in the Woods (Fjällbacka, #10)
This topic is about The Girl in the Woods
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Adult Mystery/ Suspense? Two time periods/ storylines: Little girl is missing on family's farm & found dead by a lake. 20-30 years later, actress reluctantly returns to same hometown for filming, she's suspected of killing girl. Read 2017-2018. [s]

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ana (new) - added it

Ana Velásquez | 6 comments Suspense (I Think) -Two different time periods/chronologies.

1. A girl is lost on her farm while her parents where home and people look for her and then they find her near by a lake and shes dead. The girl is under 7 i think, and her mom wakes up and notices her bed is unmade and thinks she was with her father because he always wakes up early to moan the loan or something like that because they live in a big farm. And when dad arrives turns she´s not with him and they call the police and i think the policeman is a friend of theirs and then they find her nearby a lake i think. I think she has a sister or maybe she has a cousin or something like that.

2. Second chronology is that a woman comes back to town, and it´s a very little town and she´s an actress and they are filming in town and she didnt want to come back i think because she was one of the girls she was with that they accused her of killing her or something and she has a son, i think, or a daughter and the daughter is a littlre rebelious i think and she starts hanging out with the kids of the people who were mean to her and telling her she was a murder.

I read it about three or two years ago but i didnt finish it and i read it in spanish. but also i think it was placed in a country like ukraine or a scandinavian state.

Hope you know which one i´m talking about. thank you
!

message 2: by Kris (last edited Jan 04, 2021 04:54PM) (new)

Kris | 28564 comments Mod
Ana, is this book for adults (or teens)?

In the second storyline, was the actress a playmate (same age) of the little girl from the first storyline - and she was accused of killing the little girl? How many years have passed?

Would you say the story definitely didn't place in the U.S.?

message 3: by Ana (new) - added it

Ana Velásquez | 6 comments Kris wrote: "Ana, is this book for adults (or teens)?

In the second storyline, was the actress a playmate (same age) of the little girl from the first storyline - and she was accused of killing the little girl..."

Adults, definitely.

It could def be placed in the US, i don't know why in my head it isn't but at this point I def think it could.

Also, yes, I think she is accused of killing the little girl, and I think about 20 or 30 years, didn't finish reading it, and got half through but then i forgot where i read it, who borrowed it or why i read it so cant tell much about the ending either.

message 4: by Kris (last edited Jan 05, 2021 09:29AM) (new)

Thanks. Would you call this a mystery novel?

I added some details to the header/topic title. You can update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, click the "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 5: by Ana (new) - added it

Ana Velásquez | 6 comments Kris wrote: "Thanks. Would you call this a mystery novel?

I added some details to the header/topic title. You can update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Deskt..."

yes probably mystery, not suspense. I´m gonna edit it as well. Thank you!

message 6: by Kris (new)

You're welcome.

message 7: by Ana (new) - added it

Ana Velásquez | 6 comments Just remembered a detail that there has never been a murder or accident like this in the town so when the kid dissappears the whole town helps them look for the kid and is devastated with the news. The child was under 7, i think.

message 8: by Jane (new)

Jane | 10 comments Could this be The Remaking by Clay McLeod Chapman?

message 9: by Ana (new) - added it

Ana Velásquez | 6 comments Jane wrote: "Could this be The Remaking by Clay McLeod Chapman?"

It's not :( but definitely will put it on my Want To Read list! Thanks!

message 11: by Ingo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ingo (ilembcke) | 571 comments Ana wrote: "Jane wrote: "Could this be The Remaking by Clay McLeod Chapman?"

It's not :( but definitely will put it on my Want To Read list! Thanks!"

For other people to check out, for the click:
The Remaking by Clay McLeod Chapman The Remaking

message 12: by Ana (new) - added it

Ana Velásquez | 6 comments Paige wrote: "The Girl in the Woods?"

OMG!! IT´s this one!!! THANK YOU!!!! I´ve lost all hope. In spanish it´s called La bruja

THANK YOU!!!

message 13: by Paige (new)

Paige | 425 comments Yay! Glad I could help.