Cozy Mysteries discussion

Featured Cozy Authors > Featured Author - Feb 2015 - Maddy Hunter

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) The featured for February is Maddy Hunter!
Here’s a link to her website: http://www.maddyhunter.com/

Maddy Hunter has endured disastrous vacations on three continents in the past five years. Despite this, she aspires to visit all seven continents in the future. G'Day to Die is the fifth novel in her critically acclaimed, bestselling Passport to Peril mystery series featuring Emily Andrew -- Alpine for You (an Agatha Award nominee for Best First Mystery), Top O' the Mournin', Pasta Imperfect, and Hula Done It? are available from Pocket Books. Maddy lives with her husband in Madison, Wisconsin.

Passport to Peril
Alpine for You
Top O' the Mournin'
Pasta Imperfect
Hula Done It?
G'Day to Die
Norway to Hide
Dutch Me Deadly
Bonnie of Evidence
Fleur de Lies
From Bad To Wurst - 2015

Alpine for You (Passport to Peril, #1) by Maddy Hunter Top O' the Mournin' (Passport to Peril, #2) by Maddy Hunter Pasta Imperfect (Passport to Peril, #3) by Maddy Hunter Hula Done It? (Passport to Peril, #4) by Maddy Hunter G'Day to Die (Passport to Peril, #5) by Maddy Hunter Norway to Hide (Passport to Peril, #6) by Maddy Hunter Dutch Me Deadly (Passport to Peril, #7) by Maddy Hunter Bonnie of Evidence (Passport to Peril, #8) by Maddy Hunter Fleur de Lies (Passport to Peril, #9) by Maddy Hunter

message 2: by Sharmon (new)

Sharmon (tpgirl) | 77 comments I have read the first four in this series and find them funny....I think I am at the fifth one G'Day to Die, so I ordered it from the library. I may get it and realize that I have already read it.

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 324 comments This goes perfectly with our read around the world challenge! I have a bunch of these in my TBR and I was going to start them soon for the challenge, so now I will start next month.

message 4: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina The Book Lover | 388 comments Melissa wrote: "This goes perfectly with our read around the world challenge! I have a bunch of these in my TBR and I was going to start them soon for the challenge, so now I will start next month."

Just what I was about to say, this series is perfect for the Around the World challenge!

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 7476 comments It's as if you could read my mind! I have Alpine for You waiting for me at the library and I wasn't planning to start it until next month. Now I can use it for the author of the month and the around the world challenge!

message 6: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (tiffanigold) | 3 comments I just ordered the first four of this series from Amazon. Will start reading them next week when they arrive.

message 7: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (tiffanigold) | 3 comments I just ordered the first four of this series from Amazon. Will start reading them next week when they arrive.

message 8: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Douglas (teachgiftedkids) | 199 comments Thanks again for introducing me to another new cozy author. I've ordered Fleur de Lies as my first book to read.

message 9: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments I've read 4 of these. Will check to see if I have any in The Pile.

message 10: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (debbiegray) | 316 comments I ordered Alpine for You from paperbackswap yesterday. I haven't read this author before.

message 11: by Donna (new)

Donna | 27 comments I've read the first five and really liked them; they all made me laugh out loud. I have Norway to Hide on hold at the library.

message 12: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Oh good, this will provide me with the impetus to read Dutch Me Deadly, which has been awaiting on my Kindle.

message 13: by Jenn (new)

Jenn C | 33 comments I'll jump in and try G'Day to Die - even though it's the fifth in the series, it's the earliest one that my library carries.

message 14: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 1887 comments Just picked up Dutch Me Deadly from the library. I haven't read the earlier ones, so hope this isn't a mistake, but it's the earliest in the series my library has.

message 15: by Serena (new)

Serena (aesa70) Is the front page of the Group going to be updated with the February read? I'm used to just going there instead of having to look around (different Groups put things under different folders) for the current BotM.

This is a series I've been meaning to read so will be reading it this week.

message 16: by Kimberly (last edited Feb 04, 2015 06:23PM) (new)

Kimberly | 678 comments I went to my library yesterday, and they only have three of this author's books. And, after reading G'Day to Die (the earliest one my library has to offer), I'm gonna have to ILL the first ones. I thoroughly enjoyed it! :) It's taken me less than 24 hours to finish it. ;) I only put it down to sleep last night. I found it very entertaining, especially with all the seniors and their antics. :) I also enjoyed the mystery, trying to figure out what happened to those that had died. And, this book will add to my World Traveler Challenge-the fifth continent I've been to. :) Now, on to the next one I checked out, Bonnie of Evidence. :)

message 17: by Linda (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 7476 comments Just finished Alpine for You. While it was pretty good and liked seeing how the series started, I think it does get better though (I've also read books 2 and 4 previously).

message 18: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 1887 comments Finished Dutch Me Deadly and had very little trouble jumping late into the series. Nana is a hoot, but I personally felt the foibles of the senior citizens was just a tad overdone. I enjoyed this one enough to read others if I can find them used (my library only has two of them).

message 19: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 324 comments Finally getting to start Alpine for You today, I'm very excited! I've been waiting to read this series for a while.

message 20: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 324 comments I finished Alpine for You and am working on Top O' the Mournin'. I'm enjoying this series. It can be a bit silly, like how Emily keeps falling into bodies of water, but I'm still liking it. Now if I could just get more reading time!

message 21: by Leslie (new)

Leslie I finished Dutch Me Deadly, Dutch Me Deadly (Passport to Peril, #7) by Maddy Hunter . While I thought the murder plot was good, I found the supporting characters (the traveling seniors) weak. Not sure I would read another...

message 22: by Melissa (last edited Mar 06, 2015 09:09AM) (new)

Melissa | 324 comments I finished Pasta Imperfect and I am really enjoying this series. It does get a bit over the top at times, but I still find the books very entertaining. I did think the motive, when revealed, was pretty weak in this book.

After reading three in a row, I'm taking a break to read a couple of other books but anticipate getting back to this series soon. I'm looking forward to the upcoming Hawaii and Australia settings in the next couple of books. My two main hobbies are traveling and reading, so these books really make me want to get out to some of these other locations!

message 23: by Julesy (new)

Julesy | 1338 comments I forgot to weigh in on this discussion. I have read a few of the books in this series, including G'DAY TO DIE when I went to Australia and HULA DONE IT when I went to Hawaii. Such fun to be able to relate to the book when travelling to the same places! Now that all of these books are available on audio, I can't wait to read more in the series since I'm an audio junkie. I haven't been reading in order, but want to go back and start reading in order because I got spoiled by the love interest when jumping ahead in the series.

message 24: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 197 comments I just stumbled across this series. Have only read the first book but currently on the second. Quickly becoming a new favorite series of mine.