YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Dark Places
This topic is about Dark Places
BUDDY READ: Mystery/Crime > Dark Places by Gillian Flynn ---> Restarting March 10th 2019

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Rachael (last edited Jan 26, 2015 02:13PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Libby Day was just seven years old when her evidence put her fifteen-year-old brother behind bars.

Since then, she has been drifting. But when she is contacted by a group who are convinced of Ben's innocence, Libby starts to ask questions she never dared to before. Was the voice she heard her borther's? Ben was a misfit in their small town, but was he capable of murder? Are there secrets to uncover at the family farm or is Libby deluding herself because she wants her brother back?

She begins to realise that everyone in her family had something to hide that day... especially Ben. Now, twenty-four years later, the truth is going to be even harder to find.

Who did massacre the Day family?

message 2: by Book Goblin (new)

Book Goblin (imaginarymazes) | 38 comments Tentatively joining this one!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

If the starting date is actually Feb 12th 2015 (which I'm guessing it is), I'm in!

message 4: by Marga (new)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments I think I'll be joining this one, too! Though I'm still not sure bc school.

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Oops sorry! I meant 2015 ;) Date changed

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments I just started this! I'm in the first chapter but gonna make an early prediction:

(view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 15% (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments I don't really like Libby... She acts like she's entitled to sympathy and monetary contributions because of what she went though over 20 years ago!

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 34% (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 58% (view spoiler)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 4th of January 2016

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Manveer (manveerssj4) Commenting for Notifs.

message 13: by Abby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Abby | 5454 comments I'm joining in. Will start later today.

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments I'll join this! I'm probably not going to start on the 4th, because I have another buddy read then, but I shouldn't be too late starting :)

Manveer (manveerssj4) I will probably start just before sleeping tonight :)

Manveer (manveerssj4) I have started! Read a few pages.

Well, Libby is a really interesting character, and quite realistic too.

Manveer (manveerssj4) I'm in and starting to build some theories. Did anyone else start?

message 18: by Abby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Abby | 5454 comments Manveer wrote: "I'm in and starting to build some theories. Did anyone else start?"

I'm not usually one to form theories. I just like to be in the moment in books, on the same page as the characters.

Manveer (manveerssj4) Abby wrote: "Manveer wrote: "I'm in and starting to build some theories. Did anyone else start?"

I'm not usually one to form theories. I just like to be in the moment in books, on the same page as the characters."

Not theories as such. Just various possibilities of what could be. I can't help that but my brain does that on its own. Then I look at the facts and scrap them one by one.

message 20: by Amy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy | 2561 comments I'll be starting this in the morning, sorry I am a little late I had two buddy reads on the same day. :)

message 21: by Abby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Abby | 5454 comments 23%: (view spoiler)

Manveer (manveerssj4) Abby wrote: "23%: [spoilers removed]"

Exactly what I was thinking :P
Interesting character And boy, what a jealous hypocrite. Can't stand other girls getting the same privileges.

40% Done! Won't take me long to finish, I think.

Manveer (manveerssj4) 60%

(view spoiler)

Manveer (manveerssj4) I know this was supposed to be a buddy read and all, but I'm finished already. Not giving out any spoilers. Finish up fast so we can talk :)

message 25: by Abby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Abby | 5454 comments 42%: (view spoiler)

message 27: by Amy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy | 2561 comments Page 62 (this is awkward to reference, there's no chapter numbers) (view spoiler)

message 28: by Amy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy | 2561 comments Page 109 (view spoiler)

message 29: by Abby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Abby | 5454 comments 76%: (view spoiler)

Manveer (manveerssj4) Amy wrote: "Page 109 [spoilers removed]"

I know! That was weird and disgusting, both at the same time.

message 31: by Abby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Abby | 5454 comments Amy wrote: "Page 109 [spoilers removed]"

That made me really uncomfortable too!

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments I'll be getting this from the library today, hopefully starting tomorrow :)

message 33: by Amy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy | 2561 comments Victoria wrote: "I'll be getting this from the library today, hopefully starting tomorrow :)"

I'll still be here to discuss with you. :)

For some reason it's taking me a while to read, it's disturbing so far but good!

message 34: by Amy (last edited Jan 06, 2016 02:34PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy | 2561 comments Page 162 (view spoiler)

Manveer (manveerssj4) Amy wrote: "Page 162 [spoilers removed]"

Exactly my thought process when I was around that part.

Manveer (manveerssj4) Victoria wrote: "I'll be getting this from the library today, hopefully starting tomorrow :)"

Hey! Welcome aboard :)
We'll discuss when you finish up.

message 37: by Abby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Abby | 5454 comments Finished: (view spoiler)

Manveer (manveerssj4) Abby wrote: "Finished: [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 39: by Amy (last edited Jan 07, 2016 07:46AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy | 2561 comments Page 204 (view spoiler)

message 40: by Amy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy | 2561 comments Page 243 (view spoiler)

message 41: by Amy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy | 2561 comments I'm so tempted to read your 'finished' spoilers by the way. The not knowing is killing me.

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments I'm only about 50 pages in, but I have to talk about it already! (view spoiler)

message 43: by Amy (last edited Jan 07, 2016 01:51PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy | 2561 comments Victoria wrote: "I'm only about 50 pages in, but I have to talk about it already! [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

I really like this book, it's good to ramble on about.

Manveer (manveerssj4) Yeah. This book is good to ramble about yeah :P

And @Amy, you are having the same theories as me!

message 45: by Amy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy | 2561 comments Abby wrote: "76%: [spoilers removed]"

You were spot on with that guess Abby! :)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments Up to page 162. (view spoiler)

message 47: by Amy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy | 2561 comments Finished! (view spoiler)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments Up to page 233 (view spoiler)

Manveer (manveerssj4) Amy wrote: "Finished! [spoilers removed]"

Wow! you must really hate the book. (view spoiler)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments Finished! I was just casually sitting in my room swearing to myself as it all came together. (view spoiler)

« previous 1