ThatOneCoupleTV's Bookclub! discussion

Famous Last Words
This topic is about Famous Last Words
Book Discussions > Famous Last Words!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Thatonecoupletv | 56 comments Mod
I don't know about you guys, but I swallowed this book whole! I finished it in like 4 days! I can't wait to hear what you guys are thinking about it!
-Korina

Emily (emmicate) | 1 comments Yeah, it was a real quick read. Like candy.

Justin (ijustincross) | 14 comments I'm hoping to order it tonight! I need a quick read to feel accomplished while I'm reading The Poisonwood Bible since it's so big :o

Stefany Armendariz | 14 comments * Spoiler Alert *

So I read this book in one day, literally, I sat all day reading this book! I think this might be my FAVORITE book ever and I've read a lot of books. Lol.

As I had asked before on the Let It Snow thread..wouldn't it be nice to have a Reed walking around your house? I do have to say though, I asked this before I finished the book.

I didn't expect that at all! I did see Jonathan being the Hollywood serial killer but I was mind blown when it all fell together and it turned out to be Reed. Its crazy how I didn't see that coming. It was perfect! They made us fall in love with hunky hunk hunk when in reality he was this sick twisted man. Lol. This is a good read and I recommend it (:

Stefany wrote: "* Spoiler Alert *

So I read this book in one day, literally, I sat all day reading this book! I think this might be my FAVORITE book ever and I've read a lot of books. Lol.

As I had asked before..."

I felt the same way. Though, I thought it would be too obvious to be Jonathan. So when they started leaning that way, I was kinda getting upset with the author. I felt like she was going to take the easy way....and then BAM. Reed! haha. I only guessed it a split second before she did.

Fun fact: I do a lot of my reading in the bath. So, needless to say, this book was EXTRA creepy when I was reading it in my bath, alone while Dillon was at work! haha!

Justin wrote: "I'm hoping to order it tonight! I need a quick read to feel accomplished while I'm reading The Poisonwood Bible since it's so big :o"

Oh don't worry you will fly through it!

Stefany Armendariz | 14 comments Yes! I agree. When she was putting everything together and connecting it to Jonathan I was thinking, "Really? Her stepdad?" It was sure a twist!

Lol! Too funny! Hope there was no mysterious rose petals in your bathtub.

Justin (ijustincross) | 14 comments I'm actually enjoying this so far! Not far in, but liking it so much within only 50 pages says a lot. And I think it's contained one of my favorite sentences from a book. Ever. "Holy crab shacks, he cute."
Also, THEY MENTIONED MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME, HEATHERS. I'm imagining it now, a girl, dressed in a silky night gown, taking a sip of drain-o filled coffee when all of a sudden BOOM she slams into a glass table. Hehe. Now, Heathers was a comedy, so I don't find that one too revolting, except it's murder sooooo

Justin (ijustincross) | 14 comments I'm actually enjoying this so far! Not far in, but liking it so much within only 50 pages says a lot. And I think it's contained one of my favorite sentences from a book. Ever. "Holy crab shacks, he cute."
Also, THEY MENTIONED MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME, HEATHERS. I'm imagining it now, a girl, dressed in a silky night gown, taking a sip of drain-o filled coffee when all of a sudden BOOM she slams into a glass table. Hehe. Now, Heathers was a comedy, so I don't find that one too revolting, except it's murder sooooo

message 10: by Rhea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rhea Loire *Spoiler Alert*

So I just finished this last night, it was a quick read, I read it in 2 nights, and overall I liked it. There where a few things that made this a book I liked vs one I love. I am not a huge fan of Murder Mystery but this one did have the ghost aspect that made it interesting. I think the author did a good job with the ghost and the interactions. Though the ghost was a little more playful then it may have seemed. She never wanted to hurt Willa, but making her fall into the bathtub, seemed a bit scary because of the scene but was the ghost having a little fun.

My problem with this book was that from the time that Willa and her Mom moved to LA and talk of the Hollywood Killer came up, people kept telling her she wasn't the killers type and that made me have the suspicion that Willa was going to be a victim. For me Reed was never that interesting, he did not draw me in. I knew Willa thought he was attractive but I was not pulling for them as a couple.

When they started pushing toward the killer being Jonathan, I started to think about both Reed and Jonathan but to me Reed seemed to be the more likely killer, he was always around, working in Jonathan's office, he had complete run of the place and had the knowledge of the movies in question. The movie references where confusing to me because I am not a huge movie person.

All in all I liked the book and would probably recommend it

Rhea wrote: "*Spoiler Alert*

So I just finished this last night, it was a quick read, I read it in 2 nights, and overall I liked it. There where a few things that made this a book I liked vs one I love. I am n..."

So glad you liked it!!!

I think that if you had watched the movies referenced then the book may have been a little different. I knew about half of them so I got to see the difference, as a reader, between when I got the reference and when I didn't.

It wasn't an incredibly "deep" book as far as murder-mysteries go. But I think, for me at least, it was a nice pallet cleanser between series.

Justin (ijustincross) | 14 comments Another book down and the book club is still chuggin' on.
Right before I picked up Famous Last Words, I had just finished the worst book I have ever wrapped my hands around (literally), Heart of Darkness. I was craving something with characters, a story, an writing that I would fall in love with; I got all that I wanted for sure.
So I love horror movies, especially ones with killers who kill people in odd ways, and relentless spirits messing with people. Obviously, this book mentioned those quite a bit and I loved that! And not many people talk about Heathers, BUT THERE WAS A WHOLE MURDER BASED ON IT. Basically, I loved the story.
And the characters, ohhhhh. I love them. A lot of them were a tad bit shallow and annoying, but that's why I enjoyed them. And let me take a second to talk about the killer. Right when the killer was introduced I guessed it was them. As the story went on, I found myself second-guessing my guess but still doubting who the book was pointing towards. But in the end I was right and I was thrilled. I didn't mind that I figured out who it was, it was actually kind of fun!
I just loved this book a lot. I think this might be my favorite book club book so far!

Justin wrote: "Another book down and the book club is still chuggin' on.
Right before I picked up Famous Last Words, I had just finished the worst book I have ever wrapped my hands around (literally), Heart of D..."

I am so glad you guys are liking it!!! I think you are right about guessing the killer. I don't think it was supposed to be one of those "hard to figure out" mysteries. Knowing really didn't mess it up in any way.

And Heart of Darkness is the WORST!!!! Ugh!