The Reading Challenge Group discussion

The Rosie Project (Don Tillman, #1)
This topic is about The Rosie Project
Group Read Archive 2014-16 > Genre Group Read (February: Romance/Chick Lit) - The Rosie Project, by Graeme Simsion

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Faye, The Dickens Junkie (new)

Faye | 1415 comments Mod
February's Genre Group Read will be The Rosie Project, by Graeme Simsion!

Reading and discussion commence on February 1. Please keep spoilers behind spoiler tags.

Roseanne | 1209 comments I read this book last year and I loved it

message 3: by Sam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sam I've also already read this book, lovely light read.

Kassandra | -1 comments I read this one last year as well and really loved it. Im going to try and read the sequel this month. Enjoy the book!

message 5: by Holly, That Geeky One (new) - rated it 4 stars

Holly (hollycoulson) | 1949 comments Mod
I might try fit this in! I've heard many good things about it. I feel like I'm one of the only people who haven't read it yet!

megan | 868 comments I will definitely read it.
I'll probably read The Time Traveler's Wife as well. It got a super close second place and I already own it (bottom of the pile book), and it is the month for romance reads after all.

message 7: by Holly, That Geeky One (new) - rated it 4 stars

Considering The Timetravellers Wife was so popular in the polls, feel free to make it a buddy read for February, if people want to! :)

Srividya Vijapure (theinkedmermaid) | 221 comments I read this one last year and absolutely loved it! I am in fact reading its sequel at present.

Roseanne | 1209 comments I am planning on reading the sequel too.

message 10: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new) - rated it 4 stars

Renee M | 4709 comments Mod
Or maybe a BuddyRead of The Rosie Effect for those of us who read The Rosie Project last year???

Roseanne | 1209 comments I would definitely be up for a buddy read of the rosie effect.

message 12: by Melissa (last edited Jan 26, 2015 03:47PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa Coyle | 1557 comments Renee wrote: "Or maybe a BuddyRead of The Rosie Effect for those of us who read The Rosie Project last year???"

I'll do a buddy read for the Rosie Effect, Renee. I've got it on my Feb. to-read list. I love the first book, hope you all enjoy it! :D

Also I'll join in on The Timetraveler's Wife.

message 13: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new) - rated it 4 stars

I just bought the Kindle version of Effect. It was $9.99, if anyone is interested.

Kassandra | -1 comments Hmm, I don't usually read things on schedule but I would be interested in doing the buddy read for The Rosie Effect too.

message 15: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new) - rated it 4 stars

Great! I've set up a BuddyRead thread for Effect, so we can get out of the way of the Project discussion. Anyone interested in reading the sequel can meet up over the for chatting. :)

Tracey | 916 comments I've been meaning to read this one

message 17: by Holly, That Geeky One (new) - rated it 4 stars

Me too, Chase! Really looking forward to it!

Karolyn | 112 comments I started it last night and finished it today. I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. Very entertaining. Now I'll have to read the sequel.

message 19: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yes!

Becca Tyler (scrappybec) | 294 comments I'm reading a chunkster right now. Rosie Effect will be next.

Carol (goodreadscomcarolann) | 17 comments Great book! I read it last year.

megan | 868 comments The Rosie Project is featured as my city's book of the month for February. I stopped at Half Price Books, Barnes & Noble, and Books & Co and none of them had any in stock. Fourth stop was Target, which had a whole display and 20% off the already cheaper price. <3 Target

Cheryl Schneider (cltschneider) | 76 comments Just picked this up last night at HPB. Working my way through the last 30% of my latest Gabaldon book and then on to this one. Can't wait!

message 24: by Holly, That Geeky One (new) - rated it 4 stars

Finished this yesterday and really enjoyed it! I often don't like romance novels, but this one was really sweet, and Don really made the book!

Will definitely attempt to read the sequel before the end of the month!

Luvs2read | 7 comments Just looked at this today and it ironic. Visited my daughter last weekend and she gave me this book because she loved it. She bought yhe second and said i have to read the first. So I will be reading it ASAP.