2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2015 > Marielle's 75 in 2015

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marielle (new)

Marielle This year I set my reading challenge on 75.
I will keep track of the progress in this thread. Mostly I read English, some Dutch, I will try to provide the English link :-)

Furthermore, I read something here about donating books: a great idea, since my bookshelves are triple layered.

message 2: by Marielle (last edited Jan 27, 2015 09:20AM) (new)

message 4: by Megan, Challenges (new)

Megan (lahairoi) | 6450 comments Marielle wrote: "The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry
Gabrielle Zevin

books: 2/75
(ebook)"

One of my fav books of last year! What did you think?

message 5: by Marielle (new)

Marielle I really liked it. It took me some time to get used to the quotations at the beginning of the chapter, since part of the story is already revealed prior to the chapter. But I love books about bookshops and I also added some books to my TBR from this book :-)

message 6: by Marielle (new)

Marielle Room

Books 3/75
Own book, but loved it. Will try to donate to friend

message 7: by Marielle (new)

Marielle About Room: it reminded me of a book I read years ago for my exams: Being there by Jerzy Kosiński

message 8: by Marielle (new)

Marielle I'm up to 13 books already.... Due to a flue and earinfection I have lots of time to read (there's an upside on every downside :-))

4: Tuesdays with Morrie: on my list for a long time and I loved it. Mixture of warmth, caring for / /thinking about those who are leaving us and also laughs
5: Everything I Never Told You: good thing I had to stay in bed, so I could read, read, read.....
6: Scandalous reading inbetween at the height of the fever
7: Dodelijk patroon, 5th book in the Harry Hole series. Loved it!! Started 6 right away, but that one is still on my nightstand
8: The Angel Maker read because it was BOTM in one of my GR groups. Not sure I really liked it, too much loose ends on my behalf
9: IV faction book (mixture of facts and fiction :-)), couldn't put it down
10: While We Were Watching Downton Abbey same as number 6
11: To Kill a Mockingbird: since part 2 is coming out and I still haven't read the first book by Harper Lee.. finally cut out the time reading it
12: Big Little Lies recommended by other groups and I really liked it (see comment on number 5)
13: I Refuse: A Novel

message 9: by Cassandra (last edited Feb 14, 2015 09:54AM) (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Sorry to hear that you've been sick, but at least you were able to get in lots of reading time. What is your favorite book of the year so far?

message 10: by Marielle (new)

Marielle that's a difficult question...

If I *had* to choose (*gunpoint*), I would say Room.

But that is also because I have been wanted to read that one for a long, long time.
The book hasn't disappointed me, on the contrary!

But the books are very different, some easygoing, some mustreadliterature (which I enjoyed also very much). Right now I am reading the latest Shopaholic chicklit and I love it.
It's the variation that also appeals to me

message 11: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments I like to vary my reading too. Sometimes I'm in the mood for something deep and important, and sometimes I'd rather just be entertained. It's nice to change it up!

I haven't read Room yet, but it's been on my TBR list for a LONG time.