2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

The Witches of Echo Park (The Witches of Echo Park, #1)
This topic is about The Witches of Echo Park
. Week 4: Published This Year > The Witches Of Echo Park By Amber Benson

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah | 186 comments I chose this book from a list of books on goodreads that were set to be published early this year. I figured that since this category fell in the first month I would need a book published early this month. I have never read anything by this author before, but this book seemed right up my ally for they type of books I normally like to read.

"Unbeknownst to most of humankind, a powerful network of witches thrives within the shadows of society, using their magic to keep the world in balance. But they are being eliminated—and we will all pay if their power falls…"

It was really this blurb that caught my eye and made me think it would be a good read!

Sarah | 186 comments Well what can I say about this book? It was slow to get going but I really ended up enjoying it. Which might have been the reason it took me longer than I thought to finish this book.

It's different than most of the other Magic type books I have read in the past. Different, but good! I am so very glad that I stuck it out and finished it.

I like reading books that make you want to know more about the characters and their pasts. And even more so when it's done in a way that doesn't make you sigh when ever there is a flash back and read it as fast as you can just to get it over with. I feel like this author did a very good job with intertwining the past with the present.

The only thing is that I want to read the next one right now and this book was just published this month. I am thinking I will have a long wait to for the next one.