Cover to Cover Challenge discussion

2015 Read-A-Thons > 2015 Read-A-Thon Schedule

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 776 comments Mod
so in talking to the other mods, we are going to try something slightly different for read-a-thons this year. we are going to do more of them, but they are going to be for more of a limited period.

Each read-a-thon will occur, the last weekend of the month (even if the new month starts on the Sunday).

The Read-a-thon will run from Friday evening at 6pm until Monday morning at 6am

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (thedoctorscompanion) | 107 comments Sounds good! I'm excited for this years read-a-thons and mini challenges.

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (thedoctorscompanion) | 107 comments Was there a thread for a read a thon this weekend, or is the first one the end of this month.

message 4: by Dee (new)

it was supposed to be this weekend, but I kind of got distracted - so it will be this upcoming weekend and you'll get 2 in Feb ;)

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (thedoctorscompanion) | 107 comments oh ok cool! that's even better :) lol

message 6: by Dee (new)

would like you guys thoughts?

we've mixed it up the past - had RAT specific challenges; challenges that ran through the RAT

would you guys like to see the same or maybe something like a themed read - like series continuation or a genre theme (you wouldn't have to read only that, but something to mix it up) or an award read etc

message 7: by Nancy H (new)

Nancy H | 561 comments I love the challenges, whatever they are. I am all about trying to finish series that I have started, so something like that would fit perfectly for me right now. (Of course, we won't mention that it would take me several more lifetimes to finish all the series that I have started, though!)

message 8: by Dee (new)

Nancy - don't get me started on series in progress ;)

message 9: by Nancy H (new)

Nancy H | 561 comments Dee wrote: "Nancy - don't get me started on series in progress ;)"

LOL!!

message 10: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 362 comments Yes, I had just asked Nancy for some series suggestions since we both love mysteries. I can confirm she reads a lot of series!

As for the challenges on here, I don't always participate because I often have my books planned way in advance. I do love the Read-a-thons, however, as they help me to read more in general.

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (thedoctorscompanion) | 107 comments Challenges in general are good! I would like to try a themed read, but also just a general read a thon. Any motivation is good really lol

message 12: by Ava Catherine (new)

Ava Catherine | 344 comments Mod
I think most of us have multiple series under way. They seem to grow into unwieldy things, don't they?

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (thedoctorscompanion) | 107 comments oh yes! lol I have a few I need to get back to.....

message 14: by Roseann (new)

Roseann | 185 comments Just saw this, will try to make it for this month's RAT.