2017 Reading Challenge discussion

The King's Curse (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels, #7)
This topic is about The King's Curse
15/Fave author's, haven't read > The King's Curse by Philippa Gregory

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Charlotte Weber I absolutely love Philippa Gregory. I have a whole shelf on my bookcase devoted to her work and this is her latest offering. I am a huge fan of historical fiction, especially the Tudor period. This book follows much like her other books and bridges the gap between her Cousins' War series and the Tudor books as it follows the life of Lady Margaret Pole, cousin to Henry VIII. She spent her whole life trying to avoid any suspicion to her name after both her father and brother are executed for treason. Above all, Margaret values life and will do anything possible to survive the reign of her beloved kinsman.
Gregory does a great job at getting inside the character's head and providing motive for her actions. She also has a special way of making other characters sympathetic that in previous books, from different POVs, didn't come across in the best light. She always has my allegiance to the Tudors swinging widely.

message 2: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 280 comments Have this on my to read list. Thanks for the review. Now, I am more excited to get to it.

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleydz) | 43 comments I am currently reading this book as well for this category! Gregory is the one that has gotten me interested in Tudor England, and now the period of the War of the Roses. Great author, and thoroughly enjoying the book so far!