The Sword and Laser discussion

Snow

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6189 comments

message 2: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 4132 comments Stay safe, New England'ers. I'm just glad it stayed north instead of mucking with my flight into Dulles.

message 3: by Thane (new)

Thane | 476 comments Stay safe! I always have an emergency paperback ready to go, in case the electricity is out and I forgot to charge my phone.

message 4: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6189 comments What paperback?

message 5: by Eric (new)

Eric Mesa (djotaku) | 617 comments I bought one of those hand-crank chargers to charge my nook and cell.

message 6: by Thane (new)

Thane | 476 comments Tamahome wrote: "What paperback?"

Old school stuff! Robert Silverberg, Andre Norton. I like to pretend it's the far, far distant past. When there were no electronic reading devices! I know, hard to imagine...

message 7: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6189 comments It may become easier to imagine.

message 8: by Tassie Dave, S&L Historian (last edited Jan 26, 2015 03:55PM) (new)

Tassie Dave | 3506 comments Mod
Stay safe and warm.
I live in a place where extreme snowfall is 1 or 2 inches and it rarely gets below (0C) 32F (Never in daylight hours)

I can't imagine several feet of snow and minus F temps. :-?

Stay inside with a good book and plenty of alcohol. :-)

message 9: by Robert (new)

Robert H (chiroho) | 25 comments Already up to about 24" (60cm) of snow up here in southern NH, though it's easing off for now. Supposed to pick up again later in the afternoon and evening. Sounds like it was much less than expected further south, which I guess is good for them.

Made sure my Kindle was charged and downloaded Gemini Cell by Myke Cole this morning, so I definitely have something to read.

message 10: by Eric (new)

Eric Mesa (djotaku) | 617 comments Robert wrote: "Already up to about 24" (60cm) of snow up here in southern NH, though it's easing off for now. Supposed to pick up again later in the afternoon and evening. Sounds like it was much less than expect..."

Yeah, only an inch for me. That book was on Scalzi's big idea today. Sounds pretty great.

message 11: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Richter (stephenofllongbeach) | 1322 comments Winter is Coming!

message 12: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8291 comments Robert wrote: "Already up to about 24" (60cm) of snow up here in southern NH, though it's easing off for now. Supposed to pick up again later in the afternoon and evening. Sounds like it was much less than expect..."

I got out of town just ahead of the storm and before they shut Logan down. Sadly, it's for a funeral. Also sadly I lost my brand-new coat and gloves at the airport and no one turned it in.

But I upgraded to first and read Manifest Destiny, Vol. 2: Amphibia & Insecta like a boss. Or a douche. Whichever.

message 13: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6189 comments I liked vol 1 Trike although it read fast.