Dystopia Land discussion

Brave New World
This topic is about Brave New World
General and Chat > MA Thesis - help?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Linda Postma (linpostma) | 1 comments Hi!

For my MA Thesis I am focusing on several book covers and their relation to the novel, including a few covers of Huxley's Brave New World. If you have read the book, could you answer one simple question for me? It won't take long! (as it truly is 1 question). I'll post the link below.

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/app/show...

I'll be forever grateful! (and I will try and delete this post at the end of February)

With kind regards,

Linda

Kandice I voted, but am feeling like I may be wrong! Silly, since it's an opinion and I've read this umpteen times.

Are you going to let us know which cover got the most votes?

message 3: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Oram (stephenoram) | 21 comments Interesting set of covers - made me realise how different images mean different things to different generations. Robots and clones being the ones that struck as falling into this category most.

Hákon Gunnarsson | 36 comments Linda, your subject for the MA thesis sounds quite interesting, good luck with it. I've voted, but didn't find it easy. There are at least two covers which I think get it very well in different ways.

message 5: by Empress, Seeker of wonders (new) - rated it 3 stars

Empress (the_empress) | 1215 comments Mod
Voted. I wonder what are the results. For me the one with the faces reminded me of a communist slogan.

message 6: by Chris (last edited Feb 06, 2015 05:58AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chris Dietzel (chrisdietzel) | 114 comments Voted. Also, I don't know if this can fit into your thesis but a great graphic designer re-did classic book covers, and one of the books he redesigned was 'Brave New World'.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/95652...

Personally, I think his design ideas beat all of the ones that were actually used by publishers.

Kandice Awesome Link Chris!

Chris Dietzel (chrisdietzel) | 114 comments Kandice wrote: "Awesome Link Chris!"

Thanks! That designer redid a ton of classic books (three per set and at least seven sets; all available on the same site). They are all incredible. I became an instant fan.

message 9: by Empress, Seeker of wonders (new) - rated it 3 stars

Empress (the_empress) | 1215 comments Mod
Chris wrote: "Voted. Also, I don't know if this can fit into your thesis but a great graphic designer re-did classic book covers, and one if the books he redesigned was 'Brave New World'.

https://www.behance.ne..."

Love them.

Hákon Gunnarsson | 36 comments Chris wrote: "Personally, I think his design ideas beat all of the ones that were actually used by publishers."

I agree. It is a very good cover. He seems to be a very talented designer. Some of these covers are so good that I would like to own copies of the books with the cover he proposes. Like the cover he's done for Fahrenheit 451 which is one of my favorite books.

Chris Dietzel (chrisdietzel) | 114 comments Hákon wrote: "Chris wrote: "Personally, I think his design ideas beat all of the ones that were actually used by publishers."

I agree. It is a very good cover. He seems to be a very talented designer. Some of t..."

Completely agree. IMO, every single cover he redesigned is better than the publisher's design. The one for 'Catch-22' is incredible. The ones for '1984' and 'Blindness' are really great. He also designed covers for movies like 'Misery' and they look terrific too.

(Sorry for getting off the topic, Linda!)