DYSTOPIA discussion

Brave New World
This topic is about Brave New World
MA Thesis - help?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Linda Postma (linpostma) | 2 comments Hello Goodreaders!

For my MA Thesis I am focusing on several book covers and their relation tot the novel, including a few of Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. If you have read the novel, could you answer one simple question for me? It won't take long! (as it truly is 1 question). I'll post the link below.

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/app/show...

I'll be forever grateful!

With kind regards,

Linda

message 2: by John (new)

John Wilson (eumenades) | 2 comments Hi Linda, I voted for the first picture because it was the edition I read 40 years ago. The futurist painting would also have been a good option because it was contemporary with Huxley's text. - John

Linda Postma (linpostma) | 2 comments Hi John! Thank you so much for voting. As I've randomised the questions/options, could you describe the cover for me in a little bit more detail so I know which one you are talking about? Your comment might be useful for my paper!

Jojo Scoble (jojoscoble) Cool. Good luck with the thesis. I've made my vote. :)

message 5: by John (new)

John Wilson (eumenades) | 2 comments Hi Linda, The cover has a mostly black & white drawing of a crowd of faces. Huxley was taken quite seriously in the 60s, the whole thing seemed like a premonition. If you have any more questions please feel free to use the individual messages option. - John

message 6: by David (new) - added it

David Izzo (httpwwwgoodreadscomdavidizzo) | 6 comments the cover of the first edition--

John wrote: "Hi Linda, The cover has a mostly black & white drawing of a crowd of faces. Huxley was taken quite seriously in the 60s, the whole thing seemed like a premonition. If you have any more questions pl..."

John wrote: "Hi Linda, The cover has a mostly black & white drawing of a crowd of faces. Huxley was taken quite seriously in the 60s, the whole thing seemed like a premonition. If you have any more questions pl..."

Linda wrote: "Hello Goodreaders!

For my MA Thesis I am focusing on several book covers and their relation tot the novel, including a few of Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. If you have read the novel, could you..."

Linda wrote: "Hello Goodreaders!

For my MA Thesis I am focusing on several book covers and their relation tot the novel, including a few of Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. If you have read the novel, could you..."