Tourette Syndrome Awareness Reads discussion

People > Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Fichter (brittanyfichterwrites) | 1 comments Mod
Hey, everyone!

I just want to thank and welcome everyone to the group. I also would like to know a bit about you if you care to share. I'll start.

I'm an Air Force wife who loves to read, write, exercise, and organize. I have an elementary education degree from the University of Las Vegas, Nevada, and I'm a proud Las Vegas native. Being the extrovert that I am, I love interacting with people, and I like to spend my time exploring with the Hubby, being involved with our church, and doing an assortment of other things, including reading, writing, and organizing our house.

I have Tourette Syndrome, OCD tendencies, and chronic anxiety. Though my tics are somewhat mild compared to other cases, I learned the hard way in college that not everyone understands or accepts them. Since then, my goal has been to help people with these symptoms (and others like them) to understand their worth in God's eyes, and to help them see that they have a purpose just the way they are.

I blog weekly on neurological disorders, education, and spiritual encouragement at BrittanyFichterWrites.com, and I can be reached at BrittanyFichterWrites@gmail.com. I'd love to get to know more about you!

message 2: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Paterson (howlingfantogs) | 1 comments Hi Brittany, I am also a writer with TS. I have just brought out a fiction novel about a boy growing up with Tourettte's. I'm looking to get some reviews, so wondered if it could be added to your group. I have a free PDF I can send to anyone interested. Cheers, Kev.