Reads With Friends discussion

The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about The Kiss of Deception
Kiss of Deception > CH. 60-72

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lauren (bookworm1987) | 344 comments Mod
After being behind all week I still ended up finishing a day early. I enjoyed the book to the point of where I want to continue with the series. I'm still not exactly sure which "team" I'm on yet. I was sad that Walther and his soldiers all died. I think this is a 3.75 star rating for me.

Emily Rabecca (northernbellebookworm) I finished last night. I couldn't stop. I really enjoyed this book so much! i am giving it 5 stars.

I think i love Kaden more then Rafe but my mind might change in the second book. I cried when i read about Walther dying and cried more when she said she would bury them all.

I also wonder why lia's mom try to get her to hide her gift! so many answers i need!

Jthats why I rated it 3.5 stars I felt kind of left clueless because of all the questions I have

Emily Rabecca (northernbellebookworm) Lauren wrote: "Jthats why I rated it 3.5 stars I felt kind of left clueless because of all the questions I have"

I see why you did that! I think if i didn't fall in love with the first half so much, i would have probably given it a lower rating.

I do want to know more so I definitely will be reading the next two books. I want to read Mary Pearson's other books the adoration of Jenna Fox.

Bang Bang Books So who do you think the dragon is?

Bang Bang Books Spoilers

This was my favorite book of 2014 b/c of how the interludes came full circle. You're not quite sure who Ama is and that it seemed like a fictional land in the past but it's really America like 60 years in the future. Lia is the chosen one and she has all these powers she doesn't know about yet. It was GREAT!

Shannon (kitchandpages) (leaninglights) | 713 comments Mod
FINALLY FINISHED. Took forever reading and watching the Super Bowl, haha - but I loved the ending and all the last chapters. I was SO PROUD of Lia for being true to herself and standing up for her soldiers and brother. I respected her the entire story but really was so in love with her by the end. She's an amazing female lead! I'm not really team Rafe or Kaden. They both have flaws and attributes to me... so we'll see where it goes. I thought the action really picked up in the second half and I was surprised to get a Pauline chapter thrown in there towards the end... I think we will be hearing more from her in the next books and the story will keep expanding. I imagine the second book will be much more "fantasty-esque" as we know more about her powers and the magic of this world. Can't wait to find out more! I'm giving the book 4.5 stars - only docking a half star for a bit of the pacing, as it dragged in a few places for me but overall I loved it!

I agree with you Shannon about Rafe and Kaden. I don't have feelings yet for either one of them so I'm waiting to see where the romance goes.