Reads With Friends discussion

The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about The Kiss of Deception
Kiss of Deception > Ch. 17-29

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Emily Rabecca (northernbellebookworm) This is getting so good! my heart is breaking for Pauline and i have a funny feeling Mikael is going to show up and ruin everything!

Shannon (kitchandpages) (leaninglights) | 713 comments Mod
Oh I know right!? He definitely not out of the picture... I'm juts afraid Pauline is going to hate Lia for lying. Also, Rafe seems quite a pushover for a cold blooded trained assassin. Just saying (though I really like him). I can't decide my opinion about Kaden yet.

Emily Rabecca (northernbellebookworm) See i keep getting confused, i thought the prince was Rafe! i am never going to keep them straight! lol

Hannah (hannahvu) Ah I was still confused over which character was Rafe and which was Kaden as well! I like Rafe - he seems really sweet and thoughtful but there's obviously a side we don't see too much of. And Kaden, I'm not sure either. He seems to think a lot of Lia but I can't quite work out his motivations.

I'm also really intrigued about Gwyneth and her possible daughter? I want to know the story there!

I also really want to see more magic and fantasy elements...it feels like it's been kept at a distance from us and I hope it doesn't stay like that all the way through.

Shannon (kitchandpages) (leaninglights) | 713 comments Mod
Yes about the Magic and fantasy elements! I was just thinking that I wanted more of them! Now I'm confused - Rafe is the assassin right??! Haha I was super confused when we met both of them.

Emily Rabecca (northernbellebookworm) Hannah, I really want to know more about Gwyneth and her (i'm pretty sure) daughter.

And i feel the exact same way about the magic and fantasy elements, which has made me sad :(

Hannah (hannahvu) Haha I'm not 100% sure who is who (that's probably me missing something really obvious) but yeah I thought Rafe was the assassin.

It's all this 'magic' surrounding the First Daughters that's bothering me - it's not been fully explained what they do, which is fine if it's all building up to something but if it's left till the very end of the book I'll be upset :(

Lauren (bookworm1987) | 344 comments Mod
I see I'm not the only confused person on which character who is. I hope Pauline finds someone to take his place. I like that I can actually understand this fantasy and what's going on.