Reads With Friends discussion

The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about The Kiss of Deception
Kiss of Deception > Ch. 1-8

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mom2triplets04 | 316 comments Trying to start this. I feel like I'm not connecting to any of the characters. It's also putting me to sleep. Not sure I will continue with this one. Right now I'm on page 50. Will try a little more.

Bang Bang Books Keep going, it gets good

Bang Bang Books Keep going, it gets good

Emily Rabecca (northernbellebookworm) Mom2triplets04 wrote: "Trying to start this. I feel like I'm not connecting to any of the characters. It's also putting me to sleep. Not sure I will continue with this one. Right now I'm on page 50. Will try a lit..."

I feel the same way. I just hit chapter 7 and I feel no connection to anyone :( I hope it gets better!

Wil  | 1 comments I am unsure of how I feel, they are all colliding at the inn right now and I feel we are going to be thrust into the worst love triangle ever... I also am not liking the authors technique of world building with just thrusting us in the work with no back story... I will oush on though

Shannon (kitchandpages) (leaninglights) | 713 comments Mod
Ah! That's surprising to me! I'm loving the book so far :) I really like the set-up and works building. The author has a classic fantasy-style descriptive writing style I'm enjoying, though it did take me a few pages to connect with it. I haven't read much fantasy in the last month or so, so I'm enjoying it :) From my understanding of the synopsis, Lia isn't going to know who is who, which I find very interesting and unique :)

Emily Rabecca (northernbellebookworm) I can now say once I got past chapter 7 I really started liking it! Is it weird I like love triangles? lol

Bang Bang Books I'm rereading it because there is a lot going on in this book. Those interludes (Last testament of gaudrel, song of venda, and the Morrighan texts) are the backstories and they are very important to the plot. This is why I'm rereading it. I want to make sure I'm understanding the story.
Not much is going to happen until midway thru so if you can stick with it, it gets really good.
What's everyone's definition of a love triangle? I think mine is different.
For me, a love triangle means that the person in the center of the triangle goes back and forth between the two.

Emily Rabecca (northernbellebookworm) Dawn wrote: "I'm rereading it because there is a lot going on in this book. Those interludes (Last testament of gaudrel, song of venda, and the Morrighan texts) are the backstories and they are very important ..."

That's what i think of a love triangle too. I am at ch. 17 and i am not sure if it will be a love triangle like that yet. But the reviews i have read have mention a love triangle, so i am hoping it goes that way! lol

Shannon (kitchandpages) (leaninglights) | 713 comments Mod
I don't mind a love triangle if it's done right. So far, I like this set up :)

Lauren (bookworm1987) | 344 comments Mod
I'm horribly behind this week has been cray cray. I sometimes have a hard time understanding fantasy plots but I'm liking this one. I like getting into each character's heads I agree about the love triangle I hope it's done right.

Mom2triplets04 | 316 comments Don't know if I will be picking this one up again. I may in the future. I do have some thing real and waiting for the song one to come from book outlet so hopefully I will get to those in Feb.